Author Topic: "There's a hole in the road."  (Read 2936 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
"There's a hole in the road."
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:07:26 PM »
This comment is for after the "accident".  They're all walking around like they have their thumbs up their butts.   :tongue:  No need for the Harley bashing as they're all clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUB2darr5mU
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 12:50:29 AM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: "There's a hole in the road."
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 07:41:38 PM »
Well...could have certainly been using better lines to see further into the curve.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 07:56:08 PM »
 That is the strangest crash ever . Wish we could see what actually happened . Did the bike that rode straight off the road at 90 degrees stop in the road and force the guy behind him to stop , or had the bike lying next to the road crash first and the other guy rode around him before turning straight off the road ?

Dusty

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 09:34:54 PM »
How did I that even happen? Going too slow?
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 09:34:54 PM »

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 09:55:22 PM »
Wonder if that hairpin is steeper than it looks to the camera?  If the bikes were being lugged and stalled that might account for some of it.  The view back down the road makes it look very steep and sharp.
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 10:03:44 PM »
The bike will follow where you look.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline zebraranger

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 10:26:39 PM »
In 2015 I was riding the twisties in the Smokey mountains when something similar occurred just ahead of me for a couple of other riders, except it was one bike with a passenger. After reviewing the video above in slow motion back & forth several times, the solo Harley rider cut into the corner too close to the side of the road and went over when there was no ground to put his foot down on. The Harley rider with the passenger saw it and pulled over to the side and they went over too. I think the hole was just a convenient excuse, he was riding too close to the edge.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:40:54 PM by zebraranger »

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 08:45:44 AM »
 It's just some people who should not try to ride motorcycles.
 They are not capable, and not smart enough to even get the bikes upright before the oil goes someplace it shouldn't and the battery acid leaks out.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »
That's the main part of my thread.  Okay, you had a mishap.  It's not even an accident.  Make sure everyone is safe.  Get someone on the road before the curve to warn about slowing down.  The rest should be getting the bikes upright then back onto the road surface. 

No one is hurt then they should worry about tickets and sobriety tests.  I'm pretty sure that the two riders could be ticketed for lost of control etc.  A LEO get's involved, they'll want a ticket pay-off.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline wrbix

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »
Nice road, though, wonder where?
Bill in VA, sometimes FL

"Eschew aphorism"

LeMans IV - "Giulia"
Lario - "Giulietta"
V50III cafe'd - "Leggera"
‘77 Convert - “Sofia”
BMW airheads: R100RS, R100CS, R100GS, R100RT, R60/2 sidecar rig
Classic Mini
‘60 Austin Healey Sprite
Caterham Super Seven Sprint
‘13 Audi TTRS
Grumman AA5B (sold)

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 12:49:05 PM »
It appeared  to me they were riding too close together on a road they weren't familiar with and instead of riding at there own skill levels they were riding in synch.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 01:08:39 PM »
The sport bike in the front with the 2 baggers next w/pax followed by the motard.  Looks like the "big" bikes were trying to keep up with the crotch rocket.  I guess that the baggers didn't want to use the front brake.  :grin:

Offline Idontwantapickle

• Gaggle Hero
  • The rotation of the earth really makes my day.
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 02:32:19 PM »
Watch the wagon at 3:50, it loses traction moving away. The road has sand or something on it. The first bagger probably slid diverting his trajectory to the right and off the road. The second one was just too stupid to stay on the road. Or maybe it's the herd mentality. Was that the Harley Lemming Special Edition? :evil:
There is no end to what we can do together.
Sir James Paul McCartney

AMA Charter Life Member

72 Eldo
85 LeMans 1000 Loud, Fast and Red
2007 Norge rivestimento di argento
84 BMW R100RS

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 02:46:36 PM »
 :shocked:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Howard R

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 04:42:41 PM »
That's the main part of my thread.  Okay, you had a mishap.  It's not even an accident.  Make sure everyone is safe.  Get someone on the road before the curve to warn about slowing down.  The rest should be getting the bikes upright then back onto the road surface. 

No one is hurt then they should worry about tickets and sobriety tests.  I'm pretty sure that the two riders could be ticketed for lost of control etc.  A LEO get's involved, they'll want a ticket pay-off.

The woman with the phone doesn't look to be injured.  Mr. Hole in the Road is up & walking but holding his right side, possibly indicating injured ribs.  One of the riders who stopped to assist keeps looking at the front, fully upside down bike, like maybe someone is trapped under the bike?  If so, they might do more harm than good trying to move that bike with a possibly injured person trapped on the downhill side of 800+ lbs. so maybe waiting for professional help might be the best option.  Or maybe he is looking for where the head went, so getting the bike up doesn't matter.

Howard
Littlestown, PA  USA

1996 Sport 1100
1998 Centauro

MGNOC # L-707

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 05:10:12 PM »
"No officer, we always park our bikes upside down."  :azn:

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 05:20:37 PM »
The second crash is caused by the pillion.  She's the one on the phone.  Start at about 1:18 and take it frame by frame.  The driver is driving the curve a bit oddly when the bike becomes visible -- already on a bad line.  The pillion sees what happened behind them and shifts her weight to the inside, probably screaming bloody murder in the driver's ear as she grabs his arms and pulls the bike to the lowside.  And he, in a completely disoriented, physically restrained "WTF you screaming about, Molly?" moment, instinctively chops throttle and the front end flops as he steers into it.  I don't see a brake light happen.  The driver is trapped under the bike.

And that's why my bikes only have a front seat.

Offline wheaties

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 10:19:23 PM »
Definitely sand in the road---I totally missed that the first five viewings!    IDWaPickle caught that with the car spinning a bit afterward.

Many of the riders have a foot out as they navigate the sand, corner, and crash.

The front rider that crashed isn't under the bike afterward. He's sitting next to it, farther down.  You can see him shake his head as the other riders engage him and ask him questions. 

I don't think the folks that had the accident know the riders that were following.  Seems like there are some introductions towards the end of the video.  I think I can hear, "Do you live around here?"
2011 California Black Eagle
2014 Norge

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 10:37:02 PM »
 :1:  but they still act like they're clueless in an emergency stituation.  Oh.....wait....they want to talk about it then take photos.  Maybe they post on their Facebook page first then take their thumbs out of their collective a$$e$.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here