Author Topic: Wiring harness  (Read 860 times)

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
Wiring harness
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:55:56 AM »
Welp, tomorrow I'm going to start the re-installation of my wiring harness, routing and figuring out where everything plugs to. This is my first and I've never done anything like this, I'm kinda afraid but I'm armed with a nice big wiring diagram PDF and all relevant 850t wiring info off Greg Bender's site printed off and not enough reference pics of when I was taking the whole thing apart, unfortunately. Was a little tooooo excited when I started out tearing the bike down.

Is there any tips or tricks or helpful information I could know? What to expect? Am I overthinking the whole thing?
2019 V7 III Stone " Murci "
1975 850T " Guzziaughtsix "

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
Re: Wiring harness
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:06:40 AM »
I don't know if you're over thinking it, but you're over fretting it.  :)

It's a wiring harness.  It goes from here |<----- to here ----->|  It has a natural 'lie' to it, so it can't go anywhere else.  Once you have the ends in place the rest is pretty much set.  Along its path it has forks, detours, and dead ends.  These also are pretty much set.  You'll see they correspond with the reasonable locations of things like the horn, brake switches, alternator, etc.  Most of these things are unique enough in location and terminal type to be easily sorted as you go along.

The trick is to get the harness securely fixed along its route such that it has no interference, interferes with nothing, has room to move where it has to, and won't get damaged.  Have a lot of zip ties and accept that zip ties are expendable. 

Have fun with it.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here