Author Topic: Won't be going to Paris  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Dharma Bum

• Gaggle Mentor
Won't be going to Paris
« on: July 01, 2016, 11:44:33 AM »
I just heard on NPR this morning that the city of Paris has banned all motorcycles older than 2000 from the city streets in the interest of curbing particulate pollution.  No cars older than 19 years will be allowed either.  No love for Old Blue (96 Cali).

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Won't be going to Paris
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 11:52:22 AM »
The sky IS falling.
'96 California 1100i 160,000 mi
'97 Centauro yellow 25,000 mi
'02 Champagne V11 LeMans 58,000 mi
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 12:41:38 PM »
Won't be long before that is done in the US.  Remember the cash for clunkers?  Next step, turn in your clunkers.

Except for rich folks of course.  They will register them as 'show' cars.  Only to be driven to and from 'events'.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 01:00:36 PM »
There is a member of the Kawasaki triples board who lives in Paris.  He says he can get exemptions for "collectible" vehicles, and has two exemptions for two of his 2-stroke triples already.  I expect he'll now get the rest of them exempted.  He's a former racer, now lawyer, who doesn't own a car, and commutes to his law firm daily on old 2-stroke bikes.  Kind of a hero, I guess.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 01:00:36 PM »

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 01:14:46 PM »
I just heard on NPR this morning that the city of Paris has banned all motorcycles older than 2000 from the city streets in the interest of curbing particulate pollution.  No cars older than 19 years will be allowed either.  No love for Old Blue (96 Cali).

The mayor of Paris is leading the charge on reducing personal vehicle traffic, exhaust and noise pollution, and has been doing so since she was elected. There are large parts of old Paris where (having visited) I would tend to agree with something being done. The city is so large, however, that major parts of it are not historical, have roads capable of handling a reasonable traffic load, and where public transit is not necessarily adequate when compared to the core.
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 11:31:58 PM »

Since your MC license plate is not of France I doubt anyone will hassle you.  Instead they will welcome you as a tourist.  :boozing:

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 02:58:05 AM »

Since your MC license plate is not of France I doubt anyone will hassle you.  Instead they will welcome you as a tourist.  :boozing:

I wouldn't rely on that, at least I'd try to check out the rules before going there.
(I generally try to avoid contact with French law enforcers)
Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here