Author Topic: Jackal gray front caliper kit  (Read 320 times)

Offline rodekyll

• Guzzi Hero
  • Not my real name
Jackal gray front caliper kit
« on: July 26, 2021, 03:37:52 PM »
I am up in anchorage, working on my kids jackal. The gray single caliper on the front is leaking. Seals bad.  I'm not finding a kit for this online. Has brembo decided to make this unrepairable like they did the gold ones, or is there a kit available to replace the Piston seals?

Online ccoli

• Guzzi Hero
  • What? Me Worry?
Re: Jackal gray front caliper kit
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 04:30:10 PM »
Could send you a spare cylinder, if I can find it. :undecided:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 04:31:20 PM by ccoli »
Wisconsin MGNOC Rep
03 EVT/EML hack, 93 SPIII, 3-78 Robins, 75 T3, 74 Eldo, 32 Sport15, Ambo custom.

Offline rodekyll

• Guzzi Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 08:56:55 PM »
Thanks, Chris.  We're going to try just replacing the pads for the moment, on the theory that the pistons got overextended into an area that may have pits near the mouth of the bores.  The hope is that the thickness of the new pads will push the pistons past the pits.  If they do, Galen has some time to sort out his rebuild/replacement options.  If not, then we'll need a caliper.  I just got it all reassembled, and so far it's not leaking.  I'm going to put an elastic band around the lever and throttle drum next to see if it leaks with pressure over time.

F-Fred

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 07:26:05 AM »
Is this the kit you need:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/183924581828?

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 07:26:05 AM »

Offline rodekyll

• Guzzi Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 01:15:21 PM »
Thanks for the link. I took a look at it.  It does not have any fluid seals. Just the dust rings and pistons. I think I need the seals. Also, this ad is for the Goldline calipers. My caliper is gray, not Gold.  I don't know if that makes a difference.

F-Fred

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 03:35:33 PM »
Thanks for the link. I took a look at it.  It does not have any fluid seals. Just the dust rings and pistons. I think I need the seals. Also, this ad is for the Goldline calipers. My caliper is gray, not Gold.  I don't know if that makes a difference.

Ok.  I thought the thick rings were the fluid seals? Dust seals are not included.

"Genuine Brembo, in factory packaging.  Suitable for nearly all Brembo Goldline AXIAL MOUNT 4-piston (34mm/30mm) calipers , to my knowledge.  (Either 40mm or 65mm bolt spacing.)  As fitted to many Guzzis of the late 90s-2000s.

Note that these are the only kits available for 30/34 calipers, regardless of style.  Some may have extra dust seals, which are NOT included.  Nor is the o-ring that seals the caliper halves, if applicable."

I don't know if there's a difference between gold and grey color 30/34 calipers.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 03:59:36 PM by F-Fred »

Offline yogidozer

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 03:58:56 PM »
Give this guy a call. Might have just what you need, or know where to get it.
http://hamlincycles.com/
PHONE: 203.942.2232
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 04:00:27 PM by yogidozer »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Harper's Moto Guzzi : Go Ride , Break Parts, Call me!
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here