General Category > General Discussion

My 2021 V7 850 stone Guzzi hates me……

<< < (2/11) > >>

fotoguzzi:
Two months for a relay? Might need to find a new shop.

malik:
I should think the 850's cables are the same as my earlier V7's - twisted stainless wire in a Teflon lined sheath. Lubrication is not required, but should be avoided. The lube ends up causing the cable to stick, and some lubes melt the Teflon. If  they don't run freely, remove them them, check for integrity & smooth action. Replace with new if necessary.

Tom H:
Could be as simple as when the tank was installed (provided it was removed) they routed the cable under the tank mount instead of over, or vise versa.

Tom

chrisfer:

--- Quote from: malik on January 21, 2022, 08:41:02 PM ---I should think the 850's cables are the same as my earlier V7's - twisted stainless wire in a Teflon lined sheath. Lubrication is not required, but should be avoided. The lube ends up causing the cable to stick, and some lubes melt the Teflon. If  they don't run freely, remove them them, check for integrity & smooth action. Replace with new if necessary.

--- End quote ---
It is better to grease, with a "dry" teflon grease (PTFE).

Kiwi_Roy:
On my 2017 V7III the throttle cable inners are steel covered by what looks like Nylon I took the throttle grip apart and was shocked to find the return cable broken, it was rusted right through in 3 places.
Even if you dribbled oil into the cable it is not able to get to the steel because of the Nylon sheath, they are not well thought out IMHO
https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=113804.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version