Author Topic: 98 V11EV battery hookup question  (Read 343 times)

Online Craig in Alabama

• Hatchling
98 V11EV battery hookup question
« on: May 05, 2019, 10:33:46 AM »
Hi Folks,

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I just noticed something on my V11 that I never noticed before, so I don't know if it's normal behavior or not.

I was disconnecting the battery  cables to tidy up the area. On the negative terminal there are two main connections: A large round one and a smaller more square one ( not counting the battery tender and regulator connections).

Anyway, when I pulled the cables off the negative terminal, the round one fell back on the battery and touched the terminal and the fuel pump turned on. The main switch is off and the key is out. When I touch the squarish cable to the negative terminal, the pump stops.

The bike runs fine and the regulator puts out 14.3 volts. So I'm wondering if this is normal or if there is a short somewhere causing my fuel pump to come on. And why would it turn off when the other cable is attached? This is my second 98 V11, and this is something I've never seen before. I'm hoping it's normal.

Any insight?

Cheers!
Craig
22 V85TT Travel
98 V11EV
05 Suzuki DL-650

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here