Author Topic: Hepco & Becker Junior Bags - Lid opening limiter?  (Read 488 times)

Offline willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
Hepco & Becker Junior Bags - Lid opening limiter?
« on: June 01, 2019, 08:04:38 PM »
Have had a set of H&B Junior 30 L bags on my 1200 Sport for almost 2 years. When riding, i almost always use the side stand which posses a small problem with the "side stand side" saddlebag... it flops way open if not held up. It has 2 fabric "belts" attaching the main case to the lid but it still falls open far enough to allow some contents to spill out if not held.

So this got me to thinking about rigging up some type of a 90 degree limiter like the H&B top case has... 2-rubber coated 8" long cables (loop & rivet on each end) attached to the case and lid, one on each side.

Called Moto Machines and they do sell these 8" cables $10 each with rivets. Thinking about getting 2, one for each bag. Figuring out where to attach them might be a challenge.

Has anyone done this or rigged up a mechanism to limit the lid opening to 90 degrees?
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
Re: Hepco & Becker Junior Bags - Lid opening limiter?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 08:58:04 PM »
I've got 30L H&B panniers too for my 1200 Sports.  They are not readily accessible at the moment, but I'm positive mine have and came with the "limiters" as you describe.  I can measure the distance from the hinge center to the point where they are attached to case and lid if you get no other replies.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here