Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1093307 times)

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2130 on: September 12, 2016, 09:16:01 PM »
4 years, I think.  John says the big R1150GS with the 10gallon tank is getting too top heavy for him to ride all the time.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline OlDogface

• Hatchling
« Reply #2131 on: September 24, 2016, 11:37:09 AM »
Hi all, Jon here. Former US Army, hence the nickname, and current accountant (did if for the money). I live just north of Gettysburg PA. I purchased a 2013 V7 Stone with only 350 miles on the clock and no damage last weekend. She's now a bit overdue for her first service and my appointment is on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:41:10 AM by OlDogface »
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

For every fact there is an infinity of hypotheses.
 ― Robert Pirsig

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2132 on: September 24, 2016, 01:19:02 PM »
Congrats on the bike and Welkommen to WildGoose.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2133 on: September 24, 2016, 06:37:59 PM »
Hi all, Jon here. Former US Army, hence the nickname, and current accountant (did if for the money). I live just north of Gettysburg PA. I purchased a 2013 V7 Stone with only 350 miles on the clock and no damage last weekend. She's now a bit overdue for her first service and my appointment is on Tuesday.

350 miles is a low-mileage bike.   I put more than 350 miles on my Guzzi just riding it home from the shop where I bought it ... Is this a demo from a shop, or did someone "sour" on the idea of a Guzzi really really quick somewhere ... ?

Happy riding!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2133 on: September 24, 2016, 06:37:59 PM »

Offline Stew

• New Egg
« Reply #2134 on: September 28, 2016, 12:36:34 PM »
How do guzzisti!  Stew from Sheffield, UK.
I have an '04 V11 Bliballblio that I duckin love dearly.
She's running somewhat hot after the new mivv silencers were put on.  Got a vag cable and links to the guzzidiag stuff but i'll likely need help as one is not wise in the ways of diagnostics.
I was recommended to join here due to the exhaustive (arf!) debating on the subject.

Stew

Offline Stew

• New Egg
« Reply #2135 on: September 28, 2016, 12:37:45 PM »
 :grin:And here she is:

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2136 on: September 28, 2016, 01:42:28 PM »
Welcome aboard! 

Offline AaronH

• New Egg
« Reply #2137 on: September 28, 2016, 09:05:12 PM »
Hello!

I'm Aaron, 40, living in San Diego, and came across this site while looking for info on the 1400 Eldorado, V7 and V50, one of which I will eventually buy.  My current motorcycle is a 2008 KTM Superduke R, and I previously owned a 2007 S2R800 Monster and 1976 Honda GL1000.  I'm looking forward to learning and eventually contributing here.   
1998 V11EV
2008 KTM Superduke R
2018 V7III Special
1997 Triumph Adventurer

britman

« Reply #2138 on: September 29, 2016, 05:14:43 AM »
At age 68 I have decided it is time to try a "Goose", can't really explain it to myself much less the Wife.  Tried about every brand out there, just never had the Guzzi experience. Been doing some research and looking seriously at a 2007 Vintage or 2000 Bassa.  I certainly will gleaming information from you guys and looking forward to contributing.  Attaching a shot of my current herd, the yellow TBS is gone however, due to the riding position and my ever increasing friendship with arthritics.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2139 on: September 29, 2016, 05:21:04 PM »
Welcome to the madness!  :thumb:  Soooo it that a Rocket III tour or basic?  The Honda brings back some memories.  Capable bike for around town with limited touring abilities.

britman

« Reply #2140 on: September 30, 2016, 04:50:16 AM »
Tom,

The R3 is the Classic, not the Touring.  Had few wrench spins here & there since buying new in 2005 to add to the "Go Fast".  The Honda was a project that sat in the weeds abandoned for nearly 40 years that I brought back to life.  I am a bigger guy and look like a monkey riding a football on it, but anything that wants to live that bad I just can't get rid of.  The 64 TR6R was wrecked and again abandoned when it came through the garage door a few years back.  I truly enjoy the process of breathing life back into vintage machines, regardless of the brand.  Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to sitting on fence and taking notes for the time being.....

George

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2141 on: September 30, 2016, 01:16:51 PM »
You have nice looking bikes.  :thumb:   Rocket III awesome engine.  :thumb:  I had so much fun a few years back demo riding one at Americade, I went back for a 2nd helping.  :grin: :grin:  Looked at some new ones at  Power Sports in Chandler, AZ.  They had a full blown inventory of all the Triumphs.

Offline EV11Jack

• New Egg
« Reply #2142 on: September 30, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »
Well, I made it to Guzzi land after years of being without a bike! I rode when I was a kid (I'm 63 now) and after getting married and starting a family there was just no time for bikes etc.
Well, my youngest is off to college and my wife gave me $ last Christmas to buy a used bike (isn't she wonderful!?) Anyhow, the last bike I had, I bought new in 1983. It was a Honda CX500 (you know, kinda like a mini Moto Guzzi with the transverse mounted motor). Well, the IRS and I had a disagreement over my 2012 taxes and I had to give them most of my bike money to stay out of the pokey! I had $1000 left and bought another CX500 Honda on E-bay, site unseen. Well, THAT was a mistake. The previous owner said the carbs needed cleaning and that's the reason it's running so poorly. Put it on a trailer and took it home to Long Island, New York. Well, I've managed about 7 miles on it and started to tear it apart in the garage. The bike began crying and within two days emptied the crankcase onto the garage floor. I'm guessing it needs more that a carb cleaning...I don't have the capacity to pull the motor, so it sits. Disappointed I started looking on E-bay again, not really knowing what I was searching for. A friend took me to a "on street" car show in Oyster Bay, NY. Across the street happens to be 20th Century Cycles (you know, Billy Joel's shop). So I stop in to look around and I see that the majority of bikes are MG's! What a surprise. I don't know what I was expecting, but that took me back! So, back to E-bay I go with an interest in MG's. I eventually find a 1998 California EV11 less than 10 miles from home. I go to see and and love it. I don't have any $ but I trade my hunting rifles and a shotgun for it!
Quite an advendure on the way home though. I don't know if I kicked it, or if it wasn't in properly, but the damn dipstick leaves the bike and it starts spewing oil all over my boot, pant leg and the bike. I eventually start to loose power and pull over and learn what's happened. Get a quart of oil from a gas station, fashion a "plug" to keep it in and limp the last 2 miles to home. I've ordered a new dipstick from MG Cycles and expect it tomorrow.
My questions is, what if any damage did I do running the bike until it started loosing power? I never saw the oil lite come on, so I'm hopeful. I've started it the last day or so (didn't keep it running long) and it seems okay, but this whole Italian bike thing is new to me. Anyone care to weigh in?
Cheers,
Jack
1998 EV11 California

Offline pazzmore

• New Egg
« Reply #2143 on: October 04, 2016, 07:56:10 PM »
I'm Aaron in Tucson, Az.

Grew up riding mini bikes and small dirt bikes around a cotton farm in west Texas, but am new to the world of larger, street motorcycles.

Decided to go with a 2016 V7II Stone as my first bike. I just fell for it hook, line and sinker. It has not disappointed me.

I've been ripping all around the desert and the mountains around here as much as possible. Killer bike.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2144 on: October 04, 2016, 09:07:38 PM »
Congrats!  Mistral exhaust system and remap the ecu.  You'll love the sound and the improved performance.  :thumb:

Offline pazzmore

• New Egg
« Reply #2145 on: October 05, 2016, 12:33:47 AM »
got the Mistral pipes on there, haven't remapped yet. Need to, but have worries about how to do it. I'll read up on here.

Congrats!  Mistral exhaust system and remap the ecu.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2146 on: October 05, 2016, 06:59:32 PM »
Your bike should nice and healthy. :thumb:

Offline triple3

• New Egg
« Reply #2147 on: October 06, 2016, 01:38:16 PM »
Hello from Scotland, i'm a member of several Guzzi forums the more the merrier i think, always good to to get advice,solutions or just some laughs. Used to own a 2006. breva 1100, now got a 2012 1200 sport 4valve. also got a second bike that i've owned now for 14 years,a Triumph 900 from 1996. Any questions?  :grin:

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2148 on: October 06, 2016, 02:07:51 PM »
Failte.....uh...wha tever.  :boozing:  So you like haggis?  :grin:

Offline triple3

• New Egg
« Reply #2149 on: October 06, 2016, 02:34:13 PM »
Love it! washed down with a bottle of irn bru! canna beat it.   :laugh:

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 02:51:48 PM by Tom »

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2152 on: October 09, 2016, 10:30:41 PM »
I haven't seen it for sale in the U.S. but I haven't been everywhere in U.S. :embarrassed:

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2153 on: October 10, 2016, 03:00:00 PM »
I haven't seen it for sale in the U.S. but I haven't been everywhere in U.S. :embarrassed:

National tastes and habits differ.  All the little stores (and the big ones) around here now carry the soft drinks that are popular in Mexico, although at a stiff price.

I keep trying them, hoping I'll find one I like, but no luck so far!   

Lannis

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2154 on: October 10, 2016, 03:08:11 PM »
We're getting more of the Mexican soft drinks here too.  Mexican Coca Cola products also made with pure cane sugar vs the HFC stuff.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2155 on: October 10, 2016, 07:01:05 PM »
We're getting more of the Mexican soft drinks here too.  Mexican Coca Cola products also made with pure cane sugar vs the HFC stuff.

"Jarritos" is the brand I always see, they come in lots of fruit flavors ... but they are SO sweet they make your mouth feel sticky after you finish, they're not much of a thirst-quencher.

Lannis

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2156 on: October 10, 2016, 07:35:46 PM »
Same here.  Maybe over ice and let it melt to dilute.  Just a suggestion.

Rockburner

« Reply #2157 on: October 11, 2016, 10:25:13 AM »
err - Hello, new registrant from the UK.

Joined up because i'm hoping to get my mother's old V50Mk2 into my garage for a clean up and re-commission as a weekend bike.

I have some fond memories of it as it was my first 'big' bike and I rode it a fair bit for the first year or two after I passed my bike licence tests.

Currently it's fitted with Lanfranconi exhausts, K&N filters, and a bigger jet in the carbs ;) (oh and a shonky after-market headlight because I nicked the original for my second bike: a Ducati TL600... )

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2158 on: October 11, 2016, 02:30:21 PM »
Welkommen.  So if I read correctly,  this is your mum's motorcycle that you learn to ride on but you took the headlight nacelle to recondition your Ducati?  :tongue:  Did your mom know?  :grin:

Rockburner

« Reply #2159 on: October 12, 2016, 07:33:36 AM »
Welkommen.  So if I read correctly,  this is your mum's motorcycle that you learn to ride on but you took the headlight nacelle to recondition your Ducati?  :tongue:  Did your mom know?  :grin:

Not sure to be honest - she had moved on to a 550 Zephyr by then (another bike I later 'appropriated'), and I DID put another headlamp on the Guzzi. ;)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here