Author Topic: V7III shock replacement  (Read 336 times)

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
V7III shock replacement
« on: November 27, 2021, 09:18:06 AM »
Stock shocks on my '17 V7III are too soft for my weight (about 260). Because of the frame design not just any generic shock is going to work. Anyone been down this road? What works? Anyone have a stiff spring shock set for sale?
Thanks,
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Offline elrealistico

• Hatchling
Re: V7III shock replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 09:32:11 AM »
There was a looonnggg thread about this on here, and a couple on the 750 small block forum. There's a ton of options from suspender-snapping spring stretching, to $6000+ front matris and rear Ohlins replacements.

Here's one of them, with a link that goes to the V7 thread on Adv Rider, for even more info. May be too much https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=108960.0
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 09:34:39 AM by elrealistico »
2018 V7III Special
1978 T140V Bonneville
2004 EV Touring

Offline kellercycle

• New Egg
Re: V7III shock replacement
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 09:33:24 AM »
I replaced the rear shocks on my 2020 V 7 111 Racer with K-Tech Razor 4 's preload  compression and rebound dampening adjustments. I sent my weight and riding style when I ordered from Guzzi Tech .When shocks arrived they had recommended settings for initial set up . Huge difference .  Changed out fork springs with Race Tech heavier springs once again huge difference . They also ask for rider weight  riding style and experience level .

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here