General Category > General Discussion

It was a tough decision

(1/5) > >>

ToddK:
I have been looking hard at a next bike that would, sadly, replace the Milano. I simply want to ride a more nimble bike at times, and so I eventually landed on a middleweight naked along the lines of the Duke 890 R, Street Triple, or perhaps the new Tuono 660. I also, it mustn't go without saying, love the Milano, and have thought hard about at least trying out a new set of tires before sending the beautiful girl on her way.
Alas, the more I have looked at the new Aprilia 660s, the more drawn to them I have become. Now, to seal the deal, they announce the new Tuono 660 Factory for 2022! So, deposit has been made, will take delivery in May, if the creek don't rise, etc.

Oh...and I bought new RAIIIs for the Milano... No WAY can I sell. In fact, next step is deciding on a new touring windscreen for some longer distance stuff, and maybe a throttle lock of some sort.

Cheers gang!
 :bike-037:

fotoguzzi:
Simple and effective

ToddK:
Might be just the ticket!

twowheeladdict:

--- Quote from: ToddK on February 12, 2022, 08:45:15 AM ---Might be just the ticket!

--- End quote ---

Throttle locks and cramp busters have led to wrecks.  Just be aware.

Are you still running the OEM suspension on the Milano?  Upgrading the suspension made the OEM tires perform so much better.  Properly tuned suspension keeps the tires in contact with the road. 

I may try more performance tires next time. 

LowRyter:
Agree with the clothespin throttle lock.  Simply, cheap, easy to use. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version