Author Topic: 2010 Stelvio 8v NTX ABS - Engine Rattle  (Read 11291 times)

pete roper

Re: 2010 Stelvio 8v NTX ABS - Engine Rattle
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2016, 03:40:59 PM »
Only pulled the LH cambox as a small tank Stelvio tank removal, needed to do the right,  rivals the labours of Hercules but the damage isn't so far advanced that if the other side isn't a lot worse I can predict that a *Basic* rollerisation should see it fit and happy again. No guarantees, there never can be, but using my experience I'm hoping for a good outcome.

Pete

Offline Jerdo1

• New Egg
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2016, 12:54:52 PM »
To you all - and especially Pete - thanks for the advice and assistance.

He turned up as promised, with Jude, and put me out of my misery. As predicted by most of you - it is the tappets - and all being well I haven't caused too much damage...

After diagnosis we enjoyed a nice meal and some (!) wine and beer before they headed off east this morning towards some Pommy relatives...

Pete suggested I seek out recommendations for a decent MG Dealer in the UK (preferably the North of England, or better still, Scotland) who I should take the bike to.
My local one - Jim Allen in Falkirk - didn't fill me with confidence following some bad advice.  I will try the MGOCUK as well - but I'm sure that most of the folk on that are members here too?!

Any suggestions (and perhaps as importantly - any warnings!) would be appreciated

Jerry

Offline WitchCityGuzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2016, 03:29:05 PM »
If youre on Facebook, theres a pretty good Stelvio owners club there. Theres a bunch of Brits on it so I would bet someone can give you that answer.
2016 V7II Stornello
2011 Griso SE
2009 Stelvio
2004 Ballabio
1979 V1000 Cafe
1970 Ambassador
1966 Stornello Sport
1967 Aermacchi 250SS Sprint

pete roper

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2016, 03:40:35 PM »
Twiggers seem to have a good reputation. They're somewhere in West Yorkshire I think? Skipton? Shipley?

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2016, 03:40:35 PM »

Offline Jerdo1

• New Egg
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2016, 02:07:23 PM »
Dear All

'an update on my efforts...

I called my "local" MG Dealership's Service Department in Scotland today - Forum Rules prevent me from naming them - but, good grief - I thought I didn't know anything about motorbikes !!.

The chap I spoke to had "never heard" of "Rollerisation" or a "Kit" to fix it - ffs !!!.

I tried to talk him through what Pete Roper had done and why - silence! - I honestly thought he was winding me up !.

I then (stupidly) asked about how I could go about getting the "kit" supplied by MG, at no cost, given that it was a well established and acknowledged fault. He promptly supplied me with a telephone number for Piaggio Customer Service Help Desk - telling me that it wasn't a Warranty Issue because the bike was more than two years old, and in any case I would have to take any Warranty or Quality issue up with Piaggio direct !.

I dialled the number he gave me and was connected with the Piaggio Help Desk - in ITALY !

After a futile attempt to make myself understood, the pleasant (but confused) Italian said any warranty claim MUST be initiated by the dealer - along with supporting photos / service history etc - just as Pete explained.

I honestly felt that he had no idea whatsoever of what I was speaking and, given this particular dealership have been an MG franchise for at least 10 years, it doesn't fill me with ANY confidence that they could or should do the job !.

My own mechanic says he can and will do it - but obviously - as he isn't any longer an MG authorised workshop - I assume I won't be able to go down the "free" kit road...

I'll get it sorted when I'm home - but it looks like it's going to be a long road !

Jerry

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here