Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1093310 times)

akhileshb@hotmail.com

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1860 on: September 24, 2015, 12:44:27 PM »
HI Everyone,
Name: Akilesh
Indian origin,lived in states more than half my life.
Live in Tulsa, OK.
Just bought my first motorcycle!

Guzzi v7, 2014 stone.

Breaking it in slowly,  and getting used to driving it.
Loving it.

Revan

« Reply #1861 on: September 24, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »
Quote from: Lannis on Today at 09:04:38 AM
The Norge is a bit more work than a Stelvio, for example, because it has to shed some plastic before you can get to it, but these bikes are surprisingly easy to work on.    My Stelvio manual is very complete and has good pictures, OR you can start a "tech-session" thread here, where folks will be glad to step you through a process like changing a fuel filter with pictures and all.   

I'm sure that some of our Okla-Homies will be able to let you know a good dealer.   Loaners aren't very common, as far as I know, so you may have to do some fancy footwork and bike-swapping to avoid being out-of-wheels if there's something that takes more than a day, especially if the bike has to be cold when it's worked on.   But these are the sorts of things we ALL fight through  .... !

Good luck!

Lannis

Thanks, Lannis...I appreciate it. It is good to hear that I can get a walk-through if I need it.

Yeah, that is one of the reasons why I love the Stelvio, though......everyth ing is right there with very little covering it up.
Getting one of them is definitely one of my long-term goals.....that and another Ducati :cool:   I just have to get rid of the Harley, first.

Thanks, again.

Revan.

Offline MGrego

• Gosling
« Reply #1862 on: September 28, 2015, 09:23:45 AM »
Greeting from Texas !

Name : Mark Gregory

DOB : 1970

Current Bikes :

1982 Honda V45 Sabre
1996 California
2003 V11 LeMans
2004 Cali Hydro EV
2004 Triumph Bonneville T-100
2006 Harley-Davidson Superglide
2012 Norge GT8V

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 01:42:59 PM by MGrego »

Offline Scud

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1863 on: September 28, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »
Greeting from Texas !

Name : Mark Gregory

2003 V11 LeMans

Welcome. If you have not done so already, you may want to take a look at www.V11LeMans.com, where you will find a model-specific forum.
1989 Moto Guzzi LeMans
2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura
2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
2017 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2020 Yamaha TW200

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1863 on: September 28, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #1864 on: September 29, 2015, 11:49:16 AM »
Hi, I'm Kim. I'm 46 and a music librarian in Philadelphia PA USA. My husband and I just upgraded from our Ninja 250 'starter bikes' -- he got a Thruxton and I was considering a Bonneville, but I test rode the V7 and instantly fell in love. I got it on August 28th and I've already put 1100 miles on it. Glad to be a new member of the family.

I missed this intro first time through.

But Cam should be by soon to tell you to check out the NJ MGNOC website:

http://mgnocnj.forumcircle.com/index.php and/or watch here for our monthly breakfast/lunch rides.

It's funny, but for a NJ group we wind up in PA pretty often (Washington's Crossing for the Gathering of the Nortons or some other bike show, or Bowman's Tavern in that same area south of New Hope for Lunch).

Another V7 would be great to have along, and there's nothing wrong with Hubby's Thruxton. You guys should join us sometime.

Kev
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

sincolita

« Reply #1865 on: September 29, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »
I missed this intro first time through.

But Cam should be by soon to tell you to check out the NJ MGNOC website:

http://mgnocnj.forumcircle.com/index.php and/or watch here for our monthly breakfast/lunch rides.

It's funny, but for a NJ group we wind up in PA pretty often (Washington's Crossing for the Gathering of the Nortons or some other bike show, or Bowman's Tavern in that same area south of New Hope for Lunch).

Another V7 would be great to have along, and there's nothing wrong with Hubby's Thruxton. You guys should join us sometime.

Kev

Thanks for the info and invite, Kev. We ride in Upper Bucks Co a lot and always cross the river for coffee in Frenchtown. It would be great to know some more nice roads on the Jersey side. I'm not fast on more technical roads (yet; practice, practice, practice is my mantra) but if you stick me in the back of the group I can always catch up even if I can't keep up. :laugh:

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1866 on: September 30, 2015, 08:08:40 AM »
Like Kev said, join our NJ website and come on out and participate!  Only a small creek seperating us, and lots of bridges!

Cam
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

sincolita

« Reply #1867 on: September 30, 2015, 10:00:23 AM »
Like Kev said, join our NJ website and come on out and participate!  Only a small creek seperating us, and lots of bridges!

Cam

Done. :thumb:

ROv7C

« Reply #1868 on: October 01, 2015, 02:56:47 PM »
Daniel, 32 years old, living in Bucharest, Romania(yeah, I know, kind of unusual for this forum), on the way of owning a V7C 2012. Working as a Project Manager for some time, with a solid IT backround in general. Two wheels fan, running a lot, liking the twisty roads like everybody here. Glad to Chat with you and why not, someday also meet one of you. Cheers and thousands revs!

dubtac

« Reply #1869 on: October 02, 2015, 10:30:09 PM »
Frank Nuzzo

dubtac

« Reply #1870 on: October 02, 2015, 11:00:18 PM »

Frank Nuzzo

26 Years old
HVAC Tech
New Orleans LA
Fixing everything

Bought an 06 Breva 1100 in 08 for a good deal. Riding it around since I was 18 as my 1st bike, been working on it since I was 19, even changing tires by hand. Discovered a forum that is just for Guzzitalk.

dubtac

« Reply #1871 on: October 02, 2015, 11:12:12 PM »
Well hello Frank  :laugh:

Dusty

Nice to meet you Dusty

Cwolfe

« Reply #1872 on: October 03, 2015, 08:35:10 AM »
My name is Chris Wolfe
My age is 59
I am a Technology Education teacher at a public high school in Berlin, CT.
I live in CT.
My main hobbies are playing bass guitar in a blues band and riding my motorcycle

My current bike is a 1968 BMW R50/2

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1873 on: October 03, 2015, 08:45:46 AM »
My name is Chris Wolfe
My age is 59
I am a Technology Education teacher at a public high school in Berlin, CT.
I live in CT.
My main hobbies are playing bass guitar in a blues band and riding my motorcycle

My current bike is a 1968 BMW R50/2

I'll be glad when you post a picture of it, I love those old Beemers!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Guzzitucky

« Reply #1874 on: October 05, 2015, 04:22:30 PM »
Al Newland

41 years old

Louisville, Kentucky

Currently upgrading '03 California to dual-plate clutch..

Offline Zimbo

• New Egg
« Reply #1875 on: October 07, 2015, 01:23:27 PM »
 Hi,  I live in western France, an hour inland from La Rochelle.  My passion is touring the 3 great mountain ranges in France

bought my first ever Guzzi this summer, a new V7.  Been used to mainly big Jap 4s in the past, but my last bike was a Tiger 800.

Offline PDX V7

• New Egg
« Reply #1876 on: October 07, 2015, 04:37:06 PM »
Grant C.

56 years old

Health Care Administration

Portland, Oregon

Guitars and motorcylces

Just bought my first Guzzi, a '14 V7 Racer. Coming from Triumphs the last 20 years.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:46:30 AM by PDX V7 »

Offline CapitalGoose

• New Egg
« Reply #1877 on: October 08, 2015, 08:23:47 AM »
Morning all!

Name: Asanga, but everyone calls me "Crash" (Nope, nothing do do with my prowess as a rider...my nephews gave me that one after seeing me ski)

Bike: 2016 V7ii Stone

Lurked around on here for a while. You gents were instrumental in my decision to buy a V7ii! Thank you all for your knowledge and experience. Not that it matters, or that there is anything wrong with it, but [I hope] I'm not the typical attorney-type with a motorcycle (read: older, soft, Harley). I love to be outdoors; my wife and I are into hiking and kayaking and other fitness-y stuff. But I bought this bike because I've always wanted one and I can finally afford to have one! It may be a little under-powered for some folks, but it fits my needs perfectly: I can commute, putz around town, and even take it out to Shenandoah & beyond (after its broken in!). I'd post a pic but I haven't quite managed to figure that out yet!

I look forward to meeting at least the local guys, if not more, and wrenching & riding with y'all!

Cheers,  :boozing:

Crash

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:49:33 AM by CapitalGoose »

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1878 on: October 08, 2015, 04:11:32 PM »

Not that it matters, or that there is anything wrong with it, but [I hope] I'm not the typical attorney-type with a motorcycle (read: older, soft, Harley).

I resemble that remark.  :boxing:

No, wait a minute.  I don't have a Harley ... tho I wouldn't mind one, actually, as long as I don't have to wear any of the regalia.   :wink:

Very nice Guzzi, Crash.  I saw one of those in the flesh recently and thought it especially good-looking.

If you get past the Shenandoah sometime, stop off at the Moto Grappa in Cross Junction.  I'll have a beer and you can have a tofu smoothie and we can chat Guzzis.   :grin:

Seriously, welcome and best wishes for miles of smiles.

Bill
Kentucky Bar #27800

shapemaster

« Reply #1879 on: October 09, 2015, 04:48:16 AM »
Ken Cooley

Saint Joseph, Illinois

New to Guzzi

54+

Riding 100,000 miles in 9 years, began riding at age 45

Motorcycle junkie / 26 bikes in these 9 years with Harley as main recent squeeze but having own most every brand.

Huge fan of dual sports

Enjoy short rides however have completed many 2 to 5k mile trips

Designer/ president and CEO of ShapeMaster, Inc.

I am here because I plan to purchase a new Guzzi v7 within the next few days and have been looking for best forum to join and learn.  I'll need help because our dealer network is so spread out and nearest to me is 85 miles and two hours away.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:00:59 AM by shapemaster »

Offline CapitalGoose

• New Egg
« Reply #1880 on: October 09, 2015, 07:53:45 AM »
I resemble that remark.  :boxing:

No, wait a minute.  I don't have a Harley ... tho I wouldn't mind one, actually, as long as I don't have to wear any of the regalia.   :wink:

Very nice Guzzi, Crash.  I saw one of those in the flesh recently and thought it especially good-looking.

If you get past the Shenandoah sometime, stop off at the Moto Grappa in Cross Junction.  I'll have a beer and you can have a tofu smoothie and we can chat Guzzis.   :grin:

Seriously, welcome and best wishes for miles of smiles.

Bill
Kentucky Bar #27800

HA! My apologies, Sir Bill! I meant no offense. Honestly, I was thinking about a Harley myself (Sportster in the 1948 trim) before getting the Stone.

I might just take you up on that offer to join you in Cross Junction in the spring, if it still stands. However, I will skip the tofu and join you and a tasty brewed beverage and maybe a cheeseburger (for health reasons).

Thanks for the welcome!  I'm looking forward to a long happy friendship with my new baby! I've decided to name her "Lucy".

Regards,

Crash

Offline Rox

• What's a Goozy?
  • Hatchling
« Reply #1881 on: October 11, 2015, 02:26:40 AM »
I noticed I never introduced myself.
My name is Rich . Im 39 going on 21. My current Guzzi is a 02 v11 Lemans . Love the shit out of it. Other rides are a 14 Honda CTX 1300 ( the grocery getter), a 12 Triumph Street Triple R( white tuxedo) and a 07 Yamaha r6( for when I wanna scare myself).
Originally from Orange County, NY but carpetbagged over to Southern California because I don't like to winterize ... Past bikes are a 76 CB750 caffe, a 06 Triumph Speedfour, (2) Triumph Thruxtons, a Triumph bobber and A Triumph Rocket 3 which I had for 12 hours after the rear wheel locked and almost killed me severing my long relationship with Hinckley Triumphs. New to Guzzis but of what Ive been learning about them and the riders I meet I am now fond of them and their riders. Great folks ride Guzzi.
02 V11 Lemans
02 V11 Scura
14 Honda CTX1300
07 Yamaha R6

Offline veltro_nero

• New Egg
    • Symphony of Shrapnel
« Reply #1882 on: October 12, 2015, 12:14:46 PM »
Hi, I'm Dominic from NJ.

Just picked up a 1967 V700 project that I'm going to be putting together while I put my 1957 BMW project on the backburner (it's getting way too $$$). I actually planned on fixing the Guzzi up and flipping it, but I'm kinda falling in love with it and am going to permanently add it to my stable.

The bike's a bit of a time capsule. It had a lot of work done to it in the 70's and then apparently just sat in a shop while the owner planned on restoring it. The chrome cylinders are in excellent shape (though I'll likely be getting them Nikasil plated) as are the pistons, it had top end work done, and is very complete, though the condition of the rear splines (or lack thereof) makes me doubt the odometer reading of approximately 19k miles. For that reason, I'll be opening it up and checking the condition of the sludge trap. I'm documenting the process on my blog @ symphonyofshrapnel. blogspot.com

Other bikes I own:
- 1975 BMW R90/6 cafe - my daily ride (all year round)
- 1967 Aermacchi 250 SS - special bike I built for my daughter to own when she gets older, featured in Italian Motor Magazine issue 6
- 1957 BMW R60 - building up from a bare frame and empty case, just about there, but need to get the crank rebuilt, then I can assemble it and get the paint work done.

I'll likely post questions here and there so please be patient, I'm finding that although I'm intimately familiar with BMWs, Moto Guzzis are very similar in a lot of espects, but completely foreign in others.

http://www.instagram.com/symphony_cycles
http://www.facebook.com/symphonycycles
// 1975 BMW R90/6 (cafe'd)
// 1967 Aermacchi Sprint 250 SS (sport custom)
// 1967 Moto Guzzi V700 (restomod in progress)
// 1957 BMW R60 (work in progress)

oldbike54

« Reply #1883 on: October 12, 2015, 12:48:53 PM »
 Hello Dom , and welcome . But let's be honest here , that Aermacchi , well , that wasn't built for your daughter  :grin:

Dusty

Offline veltro_nero

• New Egg
    • Symphony of Shrapnel
« Reply #1884 on: October 12, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »
Hello Dom , and welcome . But let's be honest here , that Aermacchi , well , that wasn't built for your daughter  :grin:

Dusty

Well that excuse definitely helped sell the idea to the wife!

In all honesty, I bought it for her on her 2nd birthday so that she can learn to turn a wrench and work on stuff as she gets older (it's pretty maintenance intensive), learn to ride on it since it's so well handling and for lack of a better word, slow, and then when she turns 18 she can decide to keep it or sell it back to me. I just keep it running and maintained in the meantime  :grin:

Next year, my son will be 2, so I'll have to get the Guzzi finished to be able to justify something for him.

Offline Devildog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1885 on: October 12, 2015, 04:46:58 PM »
Bill Dickinson
Urbanna VA

We run a bed and breakfast in this quaint harbor town, www.atherstonhall.c om, we are motorcycle (and dog) friendly.
We have had BMW's and HD's visiting  also one Hyabusa (on a trailer) but  as yet no Guzzi's.

Bikes, inc dirt bikes, sailing and gardening are my hobbies
'93 Daytona 1000
'95 Sport 1100
'98 Ducati 900 SS Final Edition
2002 Aprilia RSV Mille R
'10 GasGas e250 FE

MotoGuzziMiami

« Reply #1886 on: October 12, 2015, 07:00:13 PM »
 Hey Moto Guzzi Friends!!

Bryan Morales
Miami,FL
23 Years old
Own a 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 with just 5000 miles on it.  I'm second owner.
 I also have a 97' Honda Magna 750 with 8000 miles on it.  My pops got it brand new.
And recently got a 05 Triumph 7000 miles on it.

Excited to be here!

archwaykid

« Reply #1887 on: October 13, 2015, 07:49:00 AM »
Hello all
Jay Serrao
London, England
Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Previous bike - Honda Shadow Black Spirit (or Phantom as it is in the US)

Ta

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #1888 on: October 16, 2015, 11:15:51 AM »
Hi, I'm Dominic from NJ.

Just picked up a 1967 V700 project that I'm going to be putting together while I put my 1957 BMW project on the backburner (it's getting way too $$$). I actually planned on fixing the Guzzi up and flipping it, but I'm kinda falling in love with it and am going to permanently add it to my stable.

The bike's a bit of a time capsule. It had a lot of work done to it in the 70's and then apparently just sat in a shop while the owner planned on restoring it. The chrome cylinders are in excellent shape (though I'll likely be getting them Nikasil plated) as are the pistons, it had top end work done, and is very complete, though the condition of the rear splines (or lack thereof) makes me doubt the odometer reading of approximately 19k miles. For that reason, I'll be opening it up and checking the condition of the sludge trap. I'm documenting the process on my blog @ symphonyofshrapnel. blogspot.com

Hi Dominic,

Great blog and V700 project you've got started there! Two resources you might find helpful, if you haven't already found them: 1) Greg Bender's This Old Tractor website: http://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_loopframe.html and the Loopframe Guzzi Yahoo Group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Loopframe_Guzzi/info

I look forward to following your progress.
Charlie

Offline veltro_nero

• New Egg
    • Symphony of Shrapnel
« Reply #1889 on: October 17, 2015, 05:25:39 AM »
Hi Dominic,

Great blog and V700 project you've got started there! Two resources you might find helpful, if you haven't already found them: 1) Greg Bender's This Old Tractor website: http://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_loopframe.html and the Loopframe Guzzi Yahoo Group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Loopframe_Guzzi/info

I look forward to following your progress.

Hey Charlie,
     Thanks! I was actually referred to Greg Bender's site and what a fantastic resource that is. Besides having the factory manual and parts book, I think I'm going to pick up Guzziology as well. Besides digging into the engine, I'm also going to have to replace the rear drive splines and the splines on the hub and the factory manual doesn't go into any detail about that - I assume it's an interference fit, but I guess I'll see when I start taking things apart.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here