Author Topic: Got a Duplicate (chipped) Key programmed & cut without the code!  (Read 4317 times)

Offline willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
When I bought my 2008 1200 Sport in 2013, the original owner only had one key. Said he couldn't find the second key. So for the last four years. I guarded that one key with my life.  I tried getting a key from the dealer and taking it to a local locksmith to have it programmed with no results.

About a year ago, someone on this forum (thank you) mentioned they had gotten a key programmed & cut at Marie's Lock and Safe in Fort Smith, Arkansas. I contacted her she said yes  she could make one from my one key. She ordered in four chipped blank keys. This past Saturday I sent my beloved key to her knowing that if it got lost,  I would be spending maybe $800 dollars for a new ignition system and two new keys.  So I ensured it send it  to her.She said it would be $75.

Three days later on Tuesday, she called to tell me she received it, programmed it and was sending it to me separately, just in case one got lost. She said make sure the new one works, then she'll send the original.

Today it came and it started the bike!!! She offered "Fantastic Customer Service" in an age when that's hard to find. So if you need a "chipped" key programmed and cut, contact
Marie at Marie's Lock and Safe  9608  Rogers Ave.  Fort Smith, AR 72903  (479) 484-7800
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Got a Duplicate (chipped) Key programmed & cut without the code!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 03:52:36 PM »
That's great news!Thanks
'96 California 1100i 160,000 mi
'97 Centauro yellow 25,000 mi
'02 Champagne V11 LeMans 58,000 mi
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Offline inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 03:59:22 PM »
Thanks willowstreetguzzigu y, good to know!
inditx

This is the day.....

Moto

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 04:24:46 PM »
Great news! This info should be stored somewhere we can find it again when the time comes.

I guess I'll be writing it in my owner's manual tonight. There's no substitute for paper when it comes to critical information storage.

Moto

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 04:24:46 PM »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 06:03:46 PM »
Attagirl, Marie!  :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Silver Goose

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »
This is Silver Goose, I am glad that Marie was able to help with the key. I had posted the service a year ago.

It has been a while since my last visit, I will try to stop by more often, still have the Guzzi.

Larry

2007 Norge
2002 BMW K1200 LT
1959 Indian/enfield
1964 Norton
2008 Can Am Spyder

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 07:10:58 PM »
This is Silver Goose, I am glad that Marie was able to help with the key. I had posted the service a year ago.

It has been a while since my last visit, I will try to stop by more often, still have the Guzzi.

Larry

Larry,   MANY THANKS FOR POSTING THAT LAST YEAR. and did I say Marie was fantastic to work with!!!
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline Silver Goose

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 07:12:46 AM »
I am glad to help any way I can.

Be safe

Larry
2007 Norge
2002 BMW K1200 LT
1959 Indian/enfield
1964 Norton
2008 Can Am Spyder

Offline ridingron

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 09:42:41 AM »
I don't know how similar or different the chipped keys are for cars compared to bikes. I had a chipped key duplicated at Ace Hardware.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 12:35:31 PM »
I first got a chipped Guzzi key a year ago from my dealer. Went to the best locksmiths around..."Can't do it!" they all said.
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 08:19:16 AM »
 How is a chipped key different from any other key?
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 08:27:08 AM »
I think some explanation is needed.

The key with chip has an serial number, unique. Normally you get two keys with different serial number inside. These two are programmed in the dashboard as acceptable keys. When you buy a blanc key from dealer, that has a different serial number, no problem as long as you have one, and the dashboard has no code set that you don't know. Then you can learn the dashboard the new key.

No what here has been done, the blanc key is set to the same serial as the original key. No need to learn it at the dashboard, because it sees the same number it knows.

I once bought from the dealer original blancs for a 1200 sport. Went to the locksmith who engraved the same pattern, and then I could learn the key in the dashboard.
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 09:03:42 AM »
I think some explanation is needed.

The key with chip has an serial number, unique. Normally you get two keys with different serial number inside. These two are programmed in the dashboard as acceptable keys. When you buy a blanc key from dealer, that has a different serial number, no problem as long as you have one, and the dashboard has no code set that you don't know. Then you can learn the dashboard the new key.

No what here has been done, the blanc key is set to the same serial as the original key. No need to learn it at the dashboard, because it sees the same number it knows.

I once bought from the dealer original blancs for a 1200 sport. Went to the locksmith who engraved the same pattern, and then I could learn the key in the dashboard.

That was my problem as stated on my original post, the original owner only gave me one key and could not remember the code. I was at a dead end until Marie came through.
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Evil wins if Good Men do Nothing
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 11:52:13 PM »
Up date on another source :  http://www.keys4urride.com/moto-guzzi-transponder-key-p-269.html

If you have your key code and a local programmer then you can send a picture instead of your key.  :grin:

2016 V7-II Stone
2022 Royal Enfield Meteor Stellar Blue

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here