Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by bronzestar1 on April 21, 2024, 04:07:37 PM »
Revising what I said earlier. I got the bug to replace the very old Joe Rocket Phoenix plain Jane but all mesh jacket. The Turds quit making them! I suspect too many cheap knock offs.
So far I haven't found a full, large hole mesh from anyone. Yes, it really matters in the south.

Check your local FB Marketplace.  I've bought several jackets thru that source, and the good thing is you can try them on before purchasing.  As you probably know, sizes vary from maker to maker.  I have jackets from AGV, Alpine Stars, Fieldsheer, Olympia, and Vanson, all bought thru FB Marketplace.  I just took a quick look at some pics of the jackets I have, and it seems to me that the mesh holes on the Vanson one I have are larger than the other brands. 
Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only / Re: Another Benelli Egg bike
« Last post by cliffrod on April 21, 2024, 03:49:59 PM »
The plating is a nice touch, Jim.  So many original fasteners and pieces on the older Italian bikes were dull vs shiny.  Those look great.
General Discussion / Re: A REAL Solo Saddle for the (Current) V7
« Last post by nursed on April 21, 2024, 03:47:52 PM »
This looks great and the approach I've been thinking about. Did you just cut the back foam off? I'd be tempted to cut down the pan and use some industrial velcro to hold the seat in place. Ebay used V7 seats now...

I've been looking for that V7 Alce solo seat and rack combination ever since I saw those promotional images. I saw this post while browsing yesterday and decided I'd revisit modifying my old stock seat like the OP. I replaced my standard bench back in 2017 with the anniversario brown one, so the old seat has just been sitting in my garage ever since.

Here's where I'm at with mine:

I think I'm going to attach my rack to the 4 threaded holes that are mysteriously available in the seat pan. I'll probably cut a little bit of the seat pan plastic near the bottom of the pan and add a grab rail around the back that attaches to the frame ends to finish off the design and provide a little more strength.

Something like this:

Thanks for the inspiration!
General Discussion / Re: Offically an old geezer rider
« Last post by JJ on April 21, 2024, 03:43:40 PM »
Just entered the official old rider geezerhood. Have bought a trailer.

GliderJohn

Good for you...and there's nothing wrong with owning a trailer....It will come in handy many times over... :thumb:
General Discussion / Re: Still Kicking
« Last post by Tkelly on April 21, 2024, 03:30:44 PM »
Old is anyone older than me.
General Discussion / Re: "Squeaky" 2 LS front brake on Loopframe.
« Last post by bigbikerrick on April 21, 2024, 03:29:46 PM »
Thank you, Charlie. Great tip! :thumb: I have found some thin clear vinyl tubing, used in a nasal cannula for medical oxygen delivery, that is the perfect size to slip over the springs. I am speculating, that possibly marine heat shrink tubing, will work very well, as it can be "shrunken" over the springs.  The brakes are working excellently right now, but they always do for a while, after a good cleaning/lubing and sanding of the shoes. I plan to take it back apart to add the tubing to the springs.
Rick D.
General Discussion / Re: No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by brider on April 21, 2024, 01:52:55 PM »
So I need to get a new clutch and probably replace the main seal?

I would think new friction plates and a fix to whatever is leaking to contaminate the clutch. Might not know fer sher until you pull the tranny.
General Discussion / Fuel injection hose size/type & are clamps necessary?
« Last post by brider on April 21, 2024, 01:51:02 PM »
I opened a can 'o worms with my Norge, and I'm wondering about the stock FI hoses used from the tank outlet to the......wherever that goes..and the inlets to the 2 injectors. In my case, there are NO clamps anywhere, and at barbed connections at the tank pump and injectors it looks like the hard plastic line was shrunk-onto the barb as if with a heat gun. Is this correct and is this how the connection is made?

In my insane frustration to disconnect the fitting @ the fuel tank, I said screw it and cut the line under the tank and bought a 5/16" fuel-line disconnect from an on-line source with the intent to tuck it under the tank in an open area where the NEXT time I remove the tank I can disconnect it easily. Discovered my fuel line ID is closer to 6mm (.23 in) than 5/16  :violent1: :violent1:.

So in a panic with the nice weather at my doorstep, I bought a 1/4" 2-ended brass barbed connector from NAPA intending to splice the fuel line where I cut it, but the existing line is rock-hard plastic and won't slide over the 1/4" barb, which leads me to think the factory condition is a heat-gun-shrink-fit.

Q: Does anyone have any experience with the hard plastic fuel lines and can verify the nominal size (1/4" or 5/16", I assume either 6mm or 7.9mm)?

Q: Is there any more conventional-type FI hose that can be used with simple clamps?

This is one of those messes you regret because it started out with an "All ya gotta do is...." activity and turns into a major PIA, but I'm thinking now I should just remove the airbox (again) and replace all the fuel lines.

General Discussion / Re: Goodbye goose hello Triumph
« Last post by faffi on April 21, 2024, 01:42:26 PM »
I like shaft drive because they are clean, and because I do not have to worry about wheel alignment. Shaft does not mean maintenance free.
General Discussion / Re: No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by 850brian on April 21, 2024, 01:15:33 PM »
If you are in third about 4500 rpm and go to wide open and the rpms increase without acceleration, it’s due for some clutch work. Once they start to slip, they are done for.

So I need to get a new clutch and probably replace the main seal?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here