Author Topic: Me Poor Classic!  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Penderic

• Hatchling
Me Poor Classic!
« on: July 05, 2019, 09:09:08 PM »
She's not been riden fer a month!

I must confess I have been smitten with my latest grab at the ring, in search of youthful memories, (the fun ones), I traded my one ton diesel pickup - the high zoot model, for a tiny liddle pocket rocket, 4 wheel insane Italian  :azn: used car.

A modded Fiat 500 Turbo. Low rent interior, vintage cutie mouse rounded but distinct exterior (hey, I ride a V7 Classic course I love the looks!)

Like my Guzzi - the experience is more than motion. There is feedback that nourishes the soul! Makes me smile! :cool:

Here's a vintage Fiat club having an exciting tour though the back streets. Its not how fast you go. Its avoiding hitten anybody! Beep! Beep!

Keep your hands inside the car. Please!  :whip2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqguq1evb-M

oldbike54

Re: Me Poor Classic!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 09:34:17 PM »
  :laugh: :huh: :laugh:

Dusty

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 09:56:08 PM »
Love it!  A long time ago I was on the track (an old airport) in my rattle trap Healey and there was a beautifully prepared Fiat 500 (wide tires, flared fenders, red and yellow paint).  He hit all the vintage race circuits in the PNW.  It was a bit of a cheater in that it had a 850 4cyl in it but he still started first in the handicap race.

And there is the Guzzi connection: Carcano apparently put his prototype Guzzi V-twin into his Fiat 500!
http://miamacchinina.blogspot.com/2017/10/la-500-dal-cuore-guzzi.html

1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 06:20:04 AM »
Love it!  A long time ago I was on the track (an old airport) in my rattle trap Healey and there was a beautifully prepared Fiat 500 (wide tires, flared fenders, red and yellow paint).  He hit all the vintage race circuits in the PNW.  It was a bit of a cheater in that it had a 850 4cyl in it but he still started first in the handicap race.

And there is the Guzzi connection: Carcano apparently put his prototype Guzzi V-twin into his Fiat 500!

*Beautiful* baffling work.. :drool: :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 06:20:04 AM »

Offline Penderic

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 09:22:57 AM »
Excellent!  :grin:  :thumb:

Here's a great vid of that little Fiaguzzi in a crazy car race, slowing everybody else down, but having a great time doing it!  :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0TGuHeWlKA

and another one!

:cool:

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 08:19:46 PM »
So Pender, which one is yours?  Did you by the LeMons racer???

Don't by shy, show us  :gotpics:

1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline Penderic

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 11:53:18 PM »
Oh my! No!

Here is MY toy ...

It's a Fiat 2013 500 Turbo model hatchback. These used Fiats are dirt cheap! This one I got one that was already upgraded - it had $8000 in performance goodies on it already - engine tweaked to 206 bhp, the torque up to 223 ft./lb. Goes like a go cart. The thing weighs just 2500 lb, has lowered suspension and Koni shocks - and grips the road like a slot car, and a bunch of other cool stuff.  :cool: Has the most lovely exhaust sounds too ...   :kiss:

I started looking for one after I saw this vid review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2zRmgjry5w

The unique shape fools yah - it looks slow moving ... always. Even racing. It looks slow. The perfect "Sleeper"! From the inside its quite different - it looks just the opposite. Feels faster than you are actually going - but in an controllable and enjoyable way. I had a big sport tourer years ago, that was so effortlessly competent that it was boring. This little car is exciting, it makes you work in corners (just a bit) to get the best results and when you do, you felt like you really earned it. Very satisfying.

Got to go go now.. later guys
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 11:56:31 PM by Penderic »

Offline fossil

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 03:08:40 AM »

According to all sources I came upon the V2 vas developed for the Fiat.
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 08:23:21 AM »
I predict that the 45 degree AN fitting on the oil pressure sender will fail and all the oil will be missing from the engine in short order.  :grin: Maybe it's not so important when you can get out and walk, but that wouldn't be allowed on an aircraft.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 09:18:26 AM »
According to all sources I came upon the V2 vas developed for the Fiat.

There were three different "V2s" designed - one for the Fiat car, one for the "Mechanical Mule" and a totally different one in the V700.
Charlie

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 10:31:12 AM »
It's a "new" one!   :shocked:   

Sounds like a fun car.  Just remember "cars are cages".  :evil:
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline Penderic

• Hatchling
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 07:33:26 PM »
But if you are into scale models, I hear, your imagination can set you free!  :boozing:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here