Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Stuck Norge Filter
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 04:44:51 PM »
Was bound to happen..   Changed oil and filter and had oil drip drip from filter upon shut down.   No problem I though, give it another tighten.   Still drip so thinking loosen now,
perhaps I made it too tight.  NO SUCH LUCK. Filter is recessed as with all CARC bikes and filter tool is slipping. Tried the old sand paper trick.  Nope.  Not wanting to waste a new oil change I thought of using this Harbor Freight tool.

BTW the filter is ST4967 pick up at WM on the recommended list.  *back up plan is drill screws thru filter cup tool into actual filter. 

Can anyone confirm this Harbor freight oil filter tool fits up into the recess?

Any other ideas?

I have a filter cup w/holes on sides & bottom
General Discussion / Re: Tank bag for V85TT?
« Last post by QuickLime on Today at 04:37:04 PM »
I actually have a brand new Tusk Olympus bag like that thinking I would like mind the straps, but I really need something I can take off easily and it's a big too much hassle to do that every time and then remove the clips etc. If you're interested in it I'd be happy to give it a better home for a very reasonable price.
General Discussion / Re: Stuck Norge Filter
« Last post by PJPR01 on Today at 04:31:23 PM »
Puncture with a large and lengthy Philips screwdriver at an angle, gently rotate and the filter will come off.
General Discussion / Re: Anyone else listening to Allman Bros these days?
« Last post by JJ on Today at 04:28:00 PM »
They were a great band to see "live" in person..... :bow: R.I.P. Dicky Betts....80 years old is a good run... :thumb:

General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 04:26:44 PM »
Some of my most frustrating moments with Guzzis, have been getting the timing right on a dual point tonti Guzzi. I eventually have always ended up installing a Dyna III ignition. Its nice to be able to set the timing perfectly, and then forget about it.  With the points, I never really could tell if any running issues were caused by carburetion, or ignition.
Rick.
Last time I timed my Cal2 was around 89-90 well over 100Kmi, every time I check it it's fine.
« Last post by n3303j on Today at 03:57:49 PM »
Some of my most frustrating problems were the result of electronic ignitions going intermittent.

I see the occasional Dyna issue crop up on this site. Device sometimes leaves rider looking for a trailer.

Never had points / coil /condenser be anything but reliable. First set of points on my T3 passed the 50K mile mark before I changed them out of guilt.

(Just converted my Ural to points after expensive lessons from PowerArc.) The confidence this simple system provides....
« Last post by bigbikerrick on Today at 03:39:54 PM »
Some of my most frustrating moments with Guzzis, have been getting the timing right on a dual point tonti Guzzi. I eventually have always ended up installing a Dyna III ignition. Its nice to be able to set the timing perfectly, and then forget about it.  With the points, I never really could tell if any running issues were caused by carburetion, or ignition.
Rick.
Nope. Never really cared for them.

-AJ
General Discussion / Stuck Norge Filter
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 03:35:14 PM »
 Was bound to happen..   Changed oil and filter and had oil drip drip from filter upon shut down.   No problem I though, give it another tighten.   Still drip so thinking loosen now,
perhaps I made it too tight.  NO SUCH LUCK. Filter is recessed as with all CARC bikes and filter tool is slipping. Tried the old sand paper trick.  Nope.  Not wanting to waste a new oil change I thought of using this Harbor Freight tool.

BTW the filter is ST4967 pick up at WM on the recommended list.  *back up plan is drill screws thru filter cup tool into actual filter. 

Can anyone confirm this Harbor freight oil filter tool fits up into the recess?

Any other ideas?
General Discussion / Re: welding question 75 850 T
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 03:20:49 PM »
The steel on the 850T is nothing special. You can TIG, MIG or stick weld it. Personally I'd prefer TIG.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here