Author Topic: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket  (Read 730 times)

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Reply #30 on: Today at 02:32:11 PM »
The IBA, which knows a thing or two about riding in all different conditions, published a detailed report about mesh and temp.  Long story short, anything over 93 degrees F and one will ADD heat to the body when riding while exposed to the airflow (mesh).  P14 above has it correct. 

Having moved to AZ I'm in the process of learning how to deal with 100 degrees plus on a motorcycle.  The learning curve is extremely uncomfortable!
Using LD Comfort stuff right now trying to refine what's needed.

Mesh up to high 80's and then a shell with the LD stuff.  We'll see how it goes.  My friend Moshe Levy, who writes for just about everybody in the States on a freelance basis had a very favorable review a while back in the BMW MOA publication.  He knows his stuff well.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Online Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: Today at 04:31:06 PM »
When I know it's going to be 90+ especially where you live I use one of those cooling vests you soak in water. Just soak it in the am and put in a garbage bag until you need it.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Online willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: Today at 05:31:50 PM »
Yes, a few years ago I bought 2 cooling (hydration) vests from Revzilla.  One is thin and the other thick to hold more moisture. I soak them, wring them out, stick one in a zip lock bag and the other I wear under my leather jacket. I leave the leather jacket zipper half way open. Keeps me cool in in the humid south central PA. When the first on dries out after about 45 minutes, I switch and wear the other one. Works for me.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:33:08 PM by willowstreetguzziguy »
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here