Author Topic: Indiana N-A-R May 31-June 2  (Read 5546 times)

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Indiana N-A-R May 31-June 2
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2019, 04:10:05 AM »

... The good news? The SIDI boots that I'd bought at the Cedar Vale auction for maybe 12 dollars (Guzzi content) are completely waterproof.....

Twelve bucks??  Ha!  In true Guzzi fashion, you got them for something like five or eight dollars.  Just think how good you'd feel if you had bought those simply wonderful Aerostitch Combat Lites.

I considered coming up to this get-together but this weekend is our granddaughter's high school graduation.  Leaving the area is a complete no-no.  Have fun and I hope the weather gets better.
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2019, 04:48:43 AM »
Hooo daddy, did we get some rain! Two separate episode of hail thrown in to the torrents! That should be it for the weekend. I’m reminded that las Sunday, for the Indy 500, between 8am and 8 pm there was a forecast for only 1 hour WITHOUT rain. We got none! Zip. Zero. Nada. Not a single drop all day. I’m thinking the rest of the weekend will be likewise!
Sorry you can’t make it Chuck. Pretty special event you’re having however.

My buddy Jeff , he of the ratted out convert hack, came around with his 3 yr old and hopped on the mower. His son slept in his arms for over an hour while he mowed. He didn’t want to stop and disturb him. Good kid.
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2019, 08:01:40 AM »
Hooo daddy, did we get some rain! Two separate episode of hail thrown in to the torrents!
Uhh, yeah. It was the hardest rain I've ridden in for years.
To make a long story short, cars were on the side of the road with their flashers going.
Again, I didn't melt.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2019, 09:27:58 AM »
 Attending rallies should require a little *adventure*, otherwise you should just sit at home and watch TV , right Chuckie ?

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2019, 09:27:58 AM »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2019, 10:27:14 AM »
Attending rallies should require a little *adventure*, otherwise you should just sit at home and watch TV , right Chuckie ?

Dusty

I've never been on a motorcycle thinking I sure wish I was in the car.. <shrug> 
Sunny and mild today. I have the G5 loaded with rain gear, etc.  :evil:  :smiley: Kip has a huge screen porch if worse comes to worse.. come one, come all.  :grin:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2019, 10:32:04 AM »
I've never been on a motorcycle thinking I sure wish I was in the car.. <shrug> 
Sunny and mild today. I have the G5 loaded with rain gear, etc.  :evil:  :smiley: Kip has a huge screen porch if worse comes to worse.. come one, come all.  :grin:

Best advice I've heard in weeks .

Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2019, 06:43:31 PM »
I didn't take many pictures, but a good time was had by all, as nearly as I can tell..
Getting the fire going in Kip's awesome portable fire pit made from the end of a big propane tank..
2019-06-02_06-20-12 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
How many (nota) rallies can you say you've been to with 2 guys under 30 with bikes? That weren't willed to them?  :evil: :smiley: Even had a motocrosser that wasn't a great grand kid.. :grin:
2019-06-02_06-20-36 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
Several of the Indiana contingent were working the Ton Up club ride.. more were parked around the back of the Cannonball brewery.. a kool moto themed place with excellent beer. I'm told.. :cool: :boozing:
2019-06-02_06-22-07 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
Before everyone left, we had to line up the 3 (!) G5s and get a picture.
Front to back, Austin, An unknown handsome guy in the middle, and Jimmy.
2019-06-02_06-18-31 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
What's not to like about kids, dawgs, frisbees, and Guzzis?  :smiley:
For a first time, it went pretty smoothly. Special thanks to Mary Thompson, my sweetie Dorcia, Jeff for dinner Friday night, and Austin who manned (peopled?) the grill Saturday night, and did burgers, dawgs, and his marinated pork belly.
Many probably didn't come because of the horrible weather we've been having and a not too good forecast. The weather was perfect.  :grin: Like the Turnip farmer sez, "If you watch the weather channel, you'll never go anywhere."
Still, we had people from Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky all weekend.
Thanks, Kip! It was a good time.. :thumb:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline BrotherJim

• Gosling
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2019, 11:19:56 AM »
Yes, indeed!  Big thanks to Kip for hosting in such a beautiful setting.  I wish I could have spent more time out there and met some more of you.  I would also like to thank those who were able to make it out to  Cannonball Brewing for the gathering after Ton-Up Indy's Rockers Run ride.  We had maybe 65 riders, total, with one mechanical DNF and 1 crash related DNF.  The rider who crashed was okay, with minor damage to her Hinckley Bonneville.  One tough cookie!
Short Time Livin'...

'02 Moto Guzzi California Stone

Offline Bigtime

• Hatchling
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2019, 04:09:53 AM »
Kip,  Thanks again for putting on such a great event. Heard from Craig. he made it home with no problems, even with the burtal Indy traffic( every major highway is under construction :sad:). Todd and I had a great time. :thumb: 

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2019, 07:33:32 AM »
Great to see you there, John.. and it's obvious Todd has been assimilated to the 1100 sport cult.  :grin:
Oh, forgot.. Kip fixed STEEL CUT OATS both mornings. (WildGuzzi content)  :smiley: :smiley: Several had never had them and were impressed with the taste and texture. Dorcia and I brought blueberries and red raspberries to add to them. Gives a fella the strength to get up and do what needs to be done.. :cool: :boozing:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2019, 10:46:13 AM »
first off, ya'll are most welcome. Despite life's best efforts to derail this event, it went off better than I could have hoped as Chuck has ably pointed out.

Chuck acted as Indiana ambassador welcoming the Kentucky/fuel injected contingent

We had people powered Hacks to go along with combustion powered hacks

generally a pretty good gaggle of Geese

of course the aforementioned G5 Trio

Plenty of lodging space for campers

and tents

The weekend really kicked into gear when Dorcia told me act as consultant only and get the hell out of the way and let her and Mary handle meal prep/organization. Really, they made the weekend.

The ample screened porch served admirably as mess hall. Reports were that the coffee was even palatable. Citronella discouraged the vermin the screen couldn't stop.

Saturday night our ranks swelled as people from the Ton Up event rolled in, complete with kids, dirt bikes, and even gifts for the host!

No gathering would be complete without a bit of wrenching...here Chuck and John hunt for electrical gremlins...

It was a great time. I was exhausted but in the best possible way. Thanks a ton to those who came.

May have to hang the shingle again next year...

'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

oldbike54

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2019, 10:57:54 AM »
 Great pictures  :thumb:

Especially the one of Chuckie proudly wearing his 2017 WG National T shirt  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline nobleswood

• Gosling
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2019, 11:25:12 AM »
Thanks Kip for having us over, wish I could have stayed longer.

Don't forget there were 2 Griso's there, which counts as a Griso rally by my standard  :grin:
2004 V11 Sport Naked / Ballabio
2013 1200 8v Griso

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2019, 11:56:01 AM »
Great pictures  :thumb:

Especially the one of Chuckie proudly wearing his 2017 WG National T shirt  :laugh:

Dusty

Well, sure, Dusty. We need to wave the WG flag as much as possible.  :thumb:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Ride to Eat, Eat To Ride
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2019, 12:06:50 PM »
Hate we missed it, wasn't weather concerns here.  Just not enough ours in the weekend.  Glad it all went well, see you all in Kentucky in September.
Cyclehoarders Garage
2021 Honda CT125 Trail Cub
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring 1400
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Speical
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1987 Suzuki Samurai (4 Wheels)
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here