Author Topic: RIP BB King  (Read 6709 times)

Offline ibis1

• Hatchling
Re: RIP BB King
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 09:34:16 AM »
My wife and I had the good fortune to see Mr. King 4 or 5 times. He played South Florida a lot over the years. I was able to have him sign his signature model Gibson Lucille guitar at the Boca Raton concert. He was a really down to earth sincere guy that delighted millions and millions of fans over the years. RIP BB   :BEER: 
2010 California Vintage (Gone)
1971 750 Ambassador (Gone)
2014 California Touring

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »
I had tickets but his bus didn't make it due to an icestorm in Texas.  I thought he might make the date up but he didn't. 

He has clubs in Memphis, Nashville, and Manhattan.  I've been to the one in Nashville.  Needed reservation to get into the one in NYC and didn't make it.

He'll be missed.  RIP.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline y2kjackal

• New Egg
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2015, 01:27:37 PM »
I was actually fortunate to meet him in person on his tour bus some 4-5 years ago. What a thrill. I am not one for the oohs ans awes of celebrities, but he was one I just had to meet.

Impressive that at his age of 85 (ish) and his health, he was on tour for over 100 days a year. He was wheeled on and off stage in a wheelchair but his voice still boomed as did Lucille.

What can I say. He was a true southern gentleman despite the trials he went through growing up. I was duly impressed when he asked a couple young children to stand while there parents sat (giving up their seats). Many stories over that 2 hour period. Definitely a humbling experience. 

While not the best of documentaries, BB King the life of Riley (his real first name) gives a little insight to the man.

RIP and godspeed Mr. King, you touched so many and influenced generations. We were blessed to have you around.

Ralph
Ralph

00 Jackal
76 Convert
78 Convert w/ Velorex Sidecar

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here