Author Topic: Watch this car / motorcycle ROAD RAGE insanity!!  (Read 7484 times)

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Watch this car / motorcycle ROAD RAGE insanity!!
« on: June 22, 2017, 04:09:09 PM »
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=abd_1498153512

I have a big customer in Santa Clarita...and have driven a rental car on this same stretch of road!!

I hope no one was badly injured in the car wreck! :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline motoTommaso

• New Egg
Re: Watch this car / motorcycle ROAD RAGE insanity!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:17:19 PM »
Until a couple of months ago, I lived in Newhall.  I have driven this stretch many times.  Very little productive comes from anger in the moment.

canuck750

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:27:38 PM »
Hard to tell who the bigger moron is, the guy on the bike who has zero understanding of physics and has some anger issues or the idiot in the car.

Sadly the driver of the Avalanche who was in he wrong place at the wrong time suffered a serious roll over, hope there are no serious injuries.

It does not appear the guy on the motorcycle was going to stop.

I hope bit the driver of the car and the motorcycle loose their licence.

Offline roadscum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:47:35 PM »
Clearly the biggest idiot it is the one on two wheels. WTF is he doing kicking at the car, jeeezzzz.  :violent1:

Paul
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:48:40 PM by roadscum »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing " - Socrates

Paul M. in SW Florida: 318 miles, 11 curves and not a Guzzi dealer in sight!

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:47:35 PM »

oldbike54

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 04:50:30 PM »
 We really need to see the 15 seconds of video before the incident . Looks like they were sharing the HOV lane , if the MC rider had simply sped up or slowed down , or the car driver had , the entire mess could have been avoided . Two asshats may have caused someone else serious injury .

Dusty

Bill Hagan

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 04:56:58 PM »

Wonder if the motorcyclist even got caught by LEO's?

Offline nyITguy

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 05:57:45 PM »
Too bad people no longer understand the concept of  "defensive driving." It's not about winning, it's about everyone getting home safe and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 07:06:49 PM »
 I hope they both get caught and arrested, and sent to jail.  Then get sued by the driver of the white car.
 Their lethal attitudes have no legitimate place on the road.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Pop

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 08:12:45 PM »
Watched video several times. I can't see why the car went out of control like that. They need to put driver's Ed back in school. At least people should have to watch 'Highway 41' from the 50's. It actually had an effect on me. Saw a case of bad oversteer on Rt 95 just south of Dc. Last week. Ended the same.

Ride to eat, if there ain't food, I ain't goin'

pete roper

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 08:17:53 PM »
What is the collective noun for Assholes?

A 'Threat' of Assholes! Any number of Assholes greater than one can constitute a 'Threat.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 08:25:16 PM »
Clearly the biggest idiot it is the one on two wheels. WTF is he doing kicking at the car, jeeezzzz.  :violent1:

Paul

Well, when I saw it, I looked at it this way.

1) The motorcyclist tried to put a dent in the door of the car.   "Property Damage" .... might not reach the level of "Assault" or "Battery", depends on the law in that state.

2) Car driver tried to murder the bike rider as a result.    Not sure what other conclusion you could reach as to what he thought the outcome would be.

Isn't this sort of like we get into a physical altercation in the street, I reach out and rip your shirt, and you as a result pull out a gun and fire it at me, but the bullet misses me, ricochets, and puts the shooter and a bystander in the hospital?

Yeah, both are in trouble, both are idiots for starting something stupid, but doesn't look to me as if the escalation was two-sided ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 08:56:47 PM »
Well, when I saw it, I looked at it this way.

1) The motorcyclist tried to put a dent in the door of the car.   "Property Damage" .... might not reach the level of "Assault" or "Battery", depends on the law in that state.

2) Car driver tried to murder the bike rider as a result.    Not sure what other conclusion you could reach as to what he thought the outcome would be.

Isn't this sort of like we get into a physical altercation in the street, I reach out and rip your shirt, and you as a result pull out a gun and fire it at me, but the bullet misses me, ricochets, and puts the shooter and a bystander in the hospital?

Yeah, both are in trouble, both are idiots for starting something stupid, but doesn't look to me as if the escalation was two-sided ....

Lannis

I saw the same thing.

There is a type of driver that gets really brave when inside of their cage, especially around smaller vehicles.

The car driver deserves serious jail time and a permanent loss of his/her drivers license.
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Offline nyITguy

• New Egg
Watch this car / motorcycle ROAD RAGE insanity!!
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 10:05:51 PM »
While there might be different levels of blame to assign to the driver and rider, driving (or riding in this case) away after obviously being a party to a major accident is a chickenshit thing to do.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:22:06 PM by nyITguy »

oldbike54

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 10:17:41 PM »
While there might be different levels of blame to assign to the driver and rider, driving away after obviously being a party to a major accident is a chickenshit thing to do.

[/quote

I have to agree with this . Did someone say the car had cut off the motorcycle a bit earlier ? The available video just shows the car and MC side by side in an HOV lane , which I am guessing is illegal, and certainly not smart . The aftermath is a couple of vehicles went for a bad ride .

Dusty

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 10:36:20 PM »
We really need to see the 15 seconds of video before the incident .

Dusty

That was my thought too Dusty. There was obviously a 'prequel' to what we saw.
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Offline Bill Owens

• Gosling
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 10:56:08 PM »
As far as the biker goes, never bring a knife to a gun fight!

Online kfz

• Gosling
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 03:22:59 AM »
Fair play to the bike it took the hit well.  Looks like the luggage absorbed some of the blow. Lighter bike or less stable and he would have been off and into the central barrier.

Nice Barriers in the US as well ,not like the Armco or cheesewire they put up in UK and rest of Europe.

Kev

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 04:49:25 AM »
Here's an article with a little more information and an interview with the truck driver. http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/06/22/motorcycle-kick-road-rage/

Chris Taber, the driver who shot the video, says moments before he grabbed his phone, the motorcyclist had also passed him between lanes.

Then, when the Nissan�s driver tried to get out of the carpool lane, he bumped the motorcycle. Traber doesn�t know if it was an accident or on purpose. That�s when the two men started yelling and the biker started kicking the Nissan driver�s door.

Meanwhile, the father of the Nissan driver told KCAL 9 off-camera that his son became scared when he said the biker flashed what looked like a knife at him.

Benavidez (the truck driver) also spoke to the 19-year-old following the crash.

�He came and saw to it that I was okay,� says Benavidez, �You know, he had a bottle of water. He gave me a bottle of water. He was kind of in shock himself. He apologized.�

The incident was reported as a hit-and-run to the California Highway Patrol, who is looking for that motorcyclist.

It doesn't really sound like the motorcyclist is the innocent victim here, but of course we'll need more info...

But there is no way the motorcyclist didn't see that truck flipped over, and what kind of person doesn't stop to help in that situation? It's also the law to stop when you're part of an accident. The young man in the car stayed (I suppose he couldn't drive away after that if he wanted to) to make sure people were ok... the motorcyclists ran off...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:07:42 AM by Unkept »

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 05:21:49 AM »
The guy on the bike was wrong.

The person in the car probably did something worse leading up to that.

John Henry

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 05:57:45 AM »
 I don't know how fast they were going but if nothing else the bike rider showed great avoidance skills,...It's a Harley ? 

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 06:14:44 AM »
,...It's a Harley ?

I THINK so, but I can't say definitively (could be a Victory or other HD Clone).

What I can say is that it is:
something thats has compromised dynamics all for a look (and therefore is not) is pretty good compared to almost everything else out there

So I'm guessing if it had been something without compromised dynamics he would have not crashed...wait, he didn't crash. Damn those dangerous compromised dynamic bikes.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Muley

• Gaggle Hero
  • A good day is when nothing breaks
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 07:05:41 AM »
Pinball with a bike. I could almost hear the pings from the old machines.

But...

Ya can't fix stupid :rolleyes:

As an aside to this I see insanity almost every day on our roads.  I frequently follow a motorgrader either in a pickup with flashing lights or in another grader.  We are maxed out at 29 mph on a flat (although I can hit 34 on a steep downhill :grin:).  Cars will get so close to us that they can't be seen in the rearview (presumably trying to "speed" us up somehow), pass on double yellow lines in blind curves either singly or sometimes in long convoys, pull out in front of us as if we're motionless and/or can stop on a dime and do almost any other stupid thing you can imagine.

Bottom line is that people feel invulnerable and protected in a vehicle, even on a motorcycle in this incident.  They wouldn't be so aggressive if they were on foot and face to face with the next guy.
"My mind makes appointments my body can't keep"

Geographic Center of Georgia, a few miles from Jeffersonville

Q:  What is that ?
A:   It's a Moto Guzzi.

Q:   Is it fast ?
A:   No, 'bout like a Harley.

www.georgiapecan.or g

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 07:47:30 AM »
   More, what's seen in the video is the biker kick the car, then the car driver swerves to knock down the bike but loses control ,hits  the wall bounces off and rebounds into the larger vehicle causing it to roll over...In my mind, the biker was a fool, the car driver then retaliates and HE directly causes the chain reaction wreck...Although both bike and car are at fault, the car driver had the option not to engage but did so causing a a worse situation...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:49:31 AM by Rough Edge racing »

Offline roadscum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 08:33:40 AM »
   More, what's seen in the video is the biker kick the car, then the car driver swerves to knock down the bike but loses control ,hits  the wall bounces off and rebounds into the larger vehicle causing it to roll over...In my mind, the biker was a fool, the car driver then retaliates and HE directly causes the chain reaction wreck...Although both bike and car are at fault, the car driver had the option not to engage but did so causing a a worse situation...

We don't know why the car driver swerved do we? Perhaps he was startled and distracted when he heard the thump of the kick or glanced in his rear view mirror and saw the biker at his rear fender. I know I would be.

I agree on the defensive  riding made earlier. When you see a problem situation developing do all you can to avoid it so that you have a better chance to get home safely. Seems to me the bike made  the wrong choice and choose to attach. Put his ass in jail and get him off the road before someone gets hurt or killed, do it now!   :copcar:

Paul
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing " - Socrates

Paul M. in SW Florida: 318 miles, 11 curves and not a Guzzi dealer in sight!

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 08:45:55 AM »
We don't know why the car driver swerved do we? Perhaps he was startled and distracted when he heard the thump of the kick or glanced in his rear view mirror and saw the biker at his rear fender. I know I would be.

I agree on the defensive  riding made earlier. When you see a problem situation developing do all you can to avoid it so that you have a better chance to get home safely. Seems to me the bike made  the wrong choice and choose to attach. Put his ass in jail and get him off the road before someone gets hurt or killed, do it now!   :copcar:

Paul

I might agree with you if the reports weren't that the car had cut the biker off earlier, which in my mind means there are 2 possibilities here:

1. The car really didn't see him, was startled as you put it, but is dangerously incompetent.

or

2. He was aware of the biker, chose to cut him off, and then chose to retaliate. And I'm leaning towards this because of the voracity of the swerve.

Look at it this way, I mean, we've all been startled and react, but if someone is SO STARTLED that they then swerve SO SEVERELY they lose control, they should not be on the road, I mean REALLY REALLY shouldn't be driving ever they are completely incapable of dealing with their environment. And I really doubt someone is THAT bad, that completely incapable of handling their car that a thump makes them completely lose control, resulting in a t-bone and roll of another vehicle.

No, I am as certain as one can possibly be without interviewing the suspects and witnesses that it was intentional or he had no business driving a car in the first place.

Yes, the biker still made a bad choice - but not NEARLY as bad as the person who chose to either get behind the wheel in that condition or swerve at him and try to kill him.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

oldbike54

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 08:54:03 AM »
 Voracity ??

Dusty

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 09:01:52 AM »
Voracity ??

Dusty

Yeah, I don't know when I started mis-using that word, but it's pure habit now.

I of course mean intensity, which one could argue that if the driver was looking to actually eat the biker the word would have been correct... I'll leave it there as a reminder that I need to break that habit of grammatical abuse.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Denis

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Information is not knowledge.
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 09:41:43 AM »
This was posted on FB the other day. One of the commenters claimed to know the guy in the rolled over vehicle and said he went to the hospital but was going to be okay.
Show me a Le Mans IV and I'll show you a Le Mans 1000.
'87 SPII, '74 Eldorado, '85 LeMans, '91 California, '71 Ducati 450 RT, '41 Indian 841, '40 Indian Model 640-B ex-Canadian Army

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 09:56:59 AM »
"...he said the biker flashed what looked like a knife at him."

Ok, I find this hard to believe.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 11:17:53 AM »
Yeah, I don't know when I started mis-using that word, but it's pure habit now.

I of course mean intensity, which one could argue that if the driver was looking to actually eat the biker the word would have been correct... I'll leave it there as a reminder that I need to break that habit of grammatical abuse.

I think the "v" word you are looking for is vehemence.
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here