Author Topic: Cycle Gear  (Read 1943 times)

oldbike54

Cycle Gear
« on: May 03, 2019, 06:49:00 PM »
 Just ordered some tires from Cycle Gear , hit a snag with getting it processed , called their 800 number and actually got a real live human on the other end . Her name is Stef , and she was very professional and patient . Just wanted to give her a little love .

Dusty

Offline zebraranger

• Gosling
Re: Cycle Gear
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 06:57:58 PM »
I've found their customers service in the stores top notch.

twowings

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 07:05:38 PM »
That's good to hear...our local store has some nice folks working there as well...

OTOH, NEW tires???? Are you trying to win a contest??  :laugh:

Online guzzi4me

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 07:09:06 PM »
That's good to hear...our local store has some nice folks working there as well...

OTOH, NEW tires???? Are you trying to win a contest??  :laugh:

Yeah..where's the Guzzi content here??

Couldn't find a nice 10 year old used pair at a junkyard????

Sheese……..

Jeff
Jeff S
Fruita CO

01 Jackal "Mistress"...sold
02 Stone "Giada"...donated Cedar Vale raffle
16 Stone V7 II "Olivia"...racking up the miles!!

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 07:09:06 PM »

oldbike54

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 07:31:26 PM »
 I promised that the raffle bike would have new shoes , now who is gonna mount them at Cedar Vale ? :evil:

Dusty

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 11:19:28 PM »
I had to wait a week for the Honda shop to mount new skins on my G-5 wheels. They would not allow me to drop off the bike. I went out to the garage today to do some fettling on the guzzi. Front tire flatter than Kansas. I have no choice but to take the wheel off again. and drag it back up the hill, where it will doubtless be another week's wait. Friggin fraggin Honda shoppe......Will have to try Cycle Gear next time.
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline Cage Free

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 11:13:15 AM »
I had to wait a week for the Honda shop to mount new skins on my G-5 wheels. They would not allow me to drop off the bike. I went out to the garage today to do some fettling on the guzzi. Front tire flatter than Kansas. I have no choice but to take the wheel off again. and drag it back up the hill, where it will doubtless be another week's wait. Friggin fraggin Honda shoppe......Will have to try Cycle Gear next time.

Buy yourself some tire irons, rim protectors, and watch youtube how to vids and save yourself the time, money, and frustration of having to rely on others to get done what you need. Its easier than you think. :thumb:

Offline wirespokes

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 11:38:10 AM »
Buy yourself some tire irons, rim protectors, and watch youtube how to vids and save yourself the time, money, and frustration of having to rely on others to get done what you need. Its easier than you think. :thumb:
It truly isn't that hard! But there are tricks, it's like a puzzle - once understood it's actually kinda fun.

oldbike54

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 12:57:47 PM »
 Well then , since it is so easy , who is gonna show up at Cedar Vale and put the tires on the raffle bike ?  :evil:

Shorty has probably installed more tyres over the years than most of us , but the older we get ...

Dusty

Offline old head

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 02:51:32 PM »
thats where I get my tires.  drop off my wheel, pick it up a couple hours later. $20 to mount and balance last time I got a tire.

good people at my store, never had an issue.

bought one set from the local dealer, but sadly they got bought out and the new owner switched over to BMW.  Ever since, been going to Cycle Gear.

Old Head
06 Breva 1100
Hepco-Becker crash bars
Givi A620 screen
Garmin GPS

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 05:04:32 PM »
Well then , since it is so easy , who is gonna show up at Cedar Vale and put the tires on the raffle bike ?  :evil:

Shorty has probably installed more tyres over the years than most of us , but the older we get ...

Dusty

I usually just sell a bike when it needs tires...... :laugh:
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 09:15:24 PM »
I usually just sell a bike when it needs tires...... :laugh:

:grin: :grin: :laugh:
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 05:03:18 AM »
Cycle gear bought out Revzilla last year and it has been good so far. I also have a CG near work an stop in from time to time. Folks are friendly.

Waiting a week for tires and over spending on them and shop labor is what drove me to by a NoMar. Its the only semi-specific motorcycle tool that actually makes money and beer.

I bet I save an average of between $100 to $150 per pair of tires buying online and changing them myself. I can also wear tires totally out. If I have a tire with 1,000 or 1,500 miles left on it an was going away it wans't worth saving it becasue of shop labor and hassel. Now I remove it replace w/ new go on a trip come back and swap it back out to finish it up.

I also usually have a couple usable tires in varoius sizes incase somepne passing through has an problem I can get them back up and on their way.

2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline troyhamilton

• Gaggle Hero
  • Dr frankie
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 08:28:27 AM »
I can mount your tires. do all of mine. i ride and do all my own repairs and maintince, there for i am...lol
Dr Frankie!
1967 v7, gone
heldorado, gone
1975 850-t gone
1974 850-t gone.
2002 Jackal!
we need a tech section!

Offline Ryan

• Gosling
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 11:36:20 PM »
Needed a new lid. I thought I knew what I wanted, but after working with a CG salesman i found one that fits better with better features for the same money. Anytime I can pay online prices for in-store help and expertise, they have my business.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here