Author Topic: White Ambo w/ sidecar spotted in Lancaster, PA city today  (Read 858 times)

Offline willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
White Ambo w/ sidecar spotted in Lancaster, PA city today
« on: May 23, 2021, 02:23:16 PM »
Saw a nice white 70’s Ambo with white sidecar riding around Lancaster city this afternoon. Anyone from this site or know of him?
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline BillinPA

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: White Ambo w/ sidecar spotted in Lancaster, PA city today
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 04:14:34 PM »
Dick Whitehead has a white Eldorado with a sidecar.

Offline willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 06:42:31 AM »
Dick Whitehead has a white Eldorado with a sidecar.

Most likely him.
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline Momo

• New Egg
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 11:04:58 PM »
Never seen the bike.   I live right down the road in Gap, right behind the Gap Diner,   Larry

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 11:04:58 PM »

Offline mmcwhitehead

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 07:21:32 AM »
Actually that was me.

My dad, the lengendary Dick Whitehead... who still rides his white Convert w/ sidecar at age 88, passed the Eldorado sidecar machine on to me, his son. It sure looks good and rides well, and it's a nice stablemate for my '14 California 1400 Touring.

I was riding in the annual Distinguished Gentlmens Ride to raise money for mens health issues (e.g., prostate cancer research).

« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 07:28:55 AM by mmcwhitehead »
2014 California Touring
1973 Eldorado w/ Velorex Sidecar

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 06:55:50 AM »
Actually that was me.

My dad, the lengendary Dick Whitehead... who still rides his white Convert w/ sidecar at age 88, passed the Eldorado sidecar machine on to me, his son. It sure looks good and rides well, and it's a nice stablemate for my '14 California 1400 Touring.

I was riding in the annual Distinguished Gentlmens Ride to raise money for mens health issues (e.g., prostate cancer research).

Vary cool looking bike!  What brand car is on that? I dont think Ive seen one like that before.
Paul B

Loop Tonti EV

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 02:33:09 PM »
Never seen the bike.   I live right down the road in Gap, right behind the Gap Diner,   Larry

Wow, you're my neighbor. I'm on Belmont road between 741 and 896, about five miles from you. I'm Dick Whitehead's son and a brother to mmcwhitehead. Between my wife, our son and I we have five street legal Guzzis and five others. mmcwhitehead, dad and I along with my brother Jim are all long time Guzzi fanatics. I've been a Guzzi owner/rider since 1972. We need to sponsor a local Guzzi meet up. Maybe when I recover from my broken foot we could do that.

Offline Momo

• New Egg
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 11:21:14 PM »
Wow, you're my neighbor. I'm on Belmont road between 741 and 896, about five miles from you. I'm Dick Whitehead's son and a brother to mmcwhitehead. Between my wife, our son and I we have five street legal Guzzis and five others. mmcwhitehead, dad and I along with my brother Jim are all long time Guzzi fanatics. I've been a Guzzi owner/rider since 1972. We need to sponsor a local Guzzi meet up. Maybe when I recover from my broken foot we could do that.

I was on Belmont today taking a fun ride on my 08 Breva, earlier I came home from an auction via Belmont.   I live right behind the Gap Diner on Pequea Ave.  Larry

Offline mmcwhitehead

• New Egg
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 06:56:45 AM »
Vary cool looking bike!  What brand car is on that? I dont think Ive seen one like that before.

The car is a Jawa Velorex model 560, same vintage as the bike.
2014 California Touring
1973 Eldorado w/ Velorex Sidecar

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here