Author Topic: Disk Eldo forks  (Read 547 times)

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
Disk Eldo forks
« on: June 06, 2021, 04:25:45 PM »
So finally got new seals on - how do yo put in 50 cc of oil in fork withoutin running out the bolt hole in bottom?   No I didn’t take forks completely apart just undid bolt from bottom….

Mark

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Disk Eldo forks
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 04:39:40 PM »
Remove the M6 socket head cap screws holding the dash to the top plate and turn it so that you can access the top plugs. Remove the top plugs (36 mm hex). Remove the M8 socket head caps screws. Put a jack under the oil pan (block of wood between jack and fins to prevent damage) and raise the front end slightly. The top of the dampers should disengage from what Guzzi calls the "sleeve" and you should then be able to (slowly and carefully) pour oil in. I use the pointed cap from a gear oil bottle as a small funnel to pour the oil in. Let the oil trickle down into the forks a while or when you lower the bike back down, you could have two geisers of oil squirting straight up! Or plug the bolt holes with corks, or somehow else plug them. "Assembly is the reverse of the above".
Charlie

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 07:02:27 PM »
Thanks Charlie - another question, there is a cap at bottom of fork spring that has a cap on it with a tip sticking out and can go either pointed toward front or rear.  Does it go pointed toward front or doesn’t it matter.

Mark

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 07:07:14 PM »
Thanks Charlie - another question, there is a cap at bottom of fork spring that has a cap on it with a tip sticking out and can go either pointed toward front or rear.  Does it go pointed toward front or doesn’t it matter.

Mark

That "cap" is there to lock the damper assembly to the fork lower. In order to do that, it needs to lock into the slot at the bottom of the extension and the "tip" needs to lock into the oil drain plug hole.
Charlie

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 07:07:14 PM »

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 07:15:41 PM »
Ok got that and glad I asked.  That would put the tip toward the rear after it is locked on.  Put a dab of grease on it to hold in place while assembling?

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 07:18:46 PM »
Ok got that and glad I asked.  That would put the tip toward the rear after it is locked on.  Put a dab of grease on it to hold in place while assembling?

It usually stays in place just slipped onto the bottom of the spring/damper assembly for me.
Charlie

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here