Author Topic: Looking for a narrow handlebar for my V7  (Read 4762 times)

avdebert

Looking for a narrow handlebar for my V7
« on: February 03, 2015, 07:15:10 PM »
Hello folks. I have a 2013 V7 to which I've done a bunch of mods, one of which are Tarozzi clip-ons. While I've enjoyed the ergos until now, I'm looking for a change. I'm looking for a "flat and narrow" handlebar to put on the bike. What I really didn't like about the stock bars was how high they were but more importantly how wide. My arms are not that long I guess, and it made for very clumsy maneuvering around town. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Offline Guido Valvole

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Looking for a narrow handlebar for my V7
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 08:27:25 PM »
You could try drag bars, mostly straight with no rise and minimal pullback. I wanted to do that on my V50 but the routing of the cable out of the clutch perch meant clubman bars instead. That could still be a problem. If you can rotate the clip-ons you can get a similar hand position. There's also the multi-position adjustable Laverda-type bars. Cable length may or may not be a problem.
cr
V50 II
V50 Monza
Le Mans 1000 (IV)
Martinez, CA

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »
There's also the multi-position adjustable Laverda-type bars. Cable length may or may not be a problem.
[/quote]

I have Jota bars on my V7. Let's all spell pricey: o r i g i n a l.       There are two sources: Raask .. and the real thing.

Here's a short story: There's a Guzzi-ist, from Canada, nearing 60 years old. Cheap by nature, impoverished by national policy, and obviously believes he knows everything. Let's call him: Connie Nano Dollar (CDN). Well, Mr CDN was looking for a fitment that would allow a nice touring stance twice a year, an aggressive 'wish I were twenty again' stance for the "Ride for Dad", and something that would keep his tendentious under control the rest of the season. The only bars he could find that would do all of this (plus increase his stock value in Locktite) were ultra adjustable bars designed by Laverda. The fact these bars were bolted to unobtainium in his youth had no bearing whatsoever on his choice. (Really).
Mr. CDN did his research on-line; courtesy of a very, very successful search engine. His Googling came up with "the JOTA"
It also showed two sources. One from the home land and one from ... north of there. 'North of there' was very popular because it cost nowhere near that of the homeland.
Mr. CDN wanted to support his fellow Countrymen of Nano Dollar (also CDN) so he contacted the JOTA god of Nakusp. When asking in a polite Canadian voice for access to the Raask; Jota-god, in a loud and European accent, said: (paraphrase here) "I wouldn't touch that 'product' with a gauge fine enough to measure the almost non-existent plating." He didn't actually use the word 'product'.
In the end Mr. CDN trusted the Jota-god and bought the homeland product with a name beginning with 'B'.  He has been happy ever since.
What surprises Mr.CDN is how few people look at these bars as an option.
I wish I'd have had them on every bike since I crashed my Bros's 50 sport into the laundry stand.... but that is a while back.

One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 10:42:14 PM »
Tarozzi also makes a high-rise adaptor that you can buy separately. That just might just be perfect for you. The handlebars can also be cut to length.
Ken
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:44:29 PM by Moto Fugazzi »
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 10:42:14 PM »

avdebert

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »
I'll look at these options. I already have the risers on the Tarozzis, but I guess they are still a tad low. It makes for tricky handling in traffic because so much weight is on them. But I love the look. Alas.
Thanks everyone.

Offline guzziownr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
If you ever feel like no one pays attention to you, try making a sandwich in front of your dog

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 08:15:38 PM »
Hyde 'm' bars like the modern thruxton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 08:27:33 PM »
Hyde 'm' bars like the modern thruxton?

A lot of people seemed to like the fit of these bars... from what I've read... :D
I did a lot of reading and thinking before making my choice; these bars were on the list.

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 08:45:56 PM »
I'll stand by the Jota bar as a good deal. There are probably 50 different ways to fine tune the fit.
Don't like how 'that' feels? Make a few adjustments... remember loctite is your friend (and possible savior).
To start: there are two fully adjustable joints on each side. These connections have about 20 teeth. 18 degree increments in ranges where most bars are a solid zero. The first joint can ride any degree between fully down and fully up in relation to the triple clamp. That is a vertical range of about 5 inches.

I can't understand why more people don't use them. Aside from they are pricey.
But it really doesn't matter what riding position you want: these bars will take you there.
And if you are not happy with 'there'; it doesn't cost a dime to make an adjustment.

If ever I sell this bike: the original bars are going back on it.

Offline drlapo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 01:42:55 PM »
Triumph Street Triple bars are within a mm of the stock bars so  if you can pick up a used set cheap you can cut and experiment

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here