Author Topic: needle position on California 1100  (Read 508 times)

Offline life member

• New Egg
  • Been riding since 1958
needle position on California 1100
« on: April 24, 2021, 02:12:38 PM »
I went to change the needle position on my 95 California 1100 this morning and the needle clip has no opening to change needle position. its a round clip with a hole and slot to the side for the throttle cable and a hole for the needle. No opening to remove the needle. I've never seen a clip like this before. Its like the needle was pressed into the hole because there is no way to get it out. HELP PLEASE.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: needle position on California 1100
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 03:32:20 PM »
No way to move it to other hole and change it ? All the ones I ever did had clips just like any PHF or PHM. AND I hopped up quite a few.

You could order normal ones & cut that one out. Could be another owner lost the right stuff & improvised.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online moto-uno

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »
 A picture would be nice . Peter

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 05:01:58 PM »
Guzzi gives no part # after 1992, seen as I don't do Guzzi carb parts the DelOrto part # 8525-21 will work, call Herdan Corp in Port Clinton PA

It should also have a #268 atomizer in it, they came in a bag in tool tray when new. 262 or 264 were USA stuff and to be changed out so bike runs good after EPA.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 05:01:58 PM »

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 09:40:00 PM »
It is still a clip. Trust me.

You can get a small C clip, that sits down on the recess on the slide. Or you can get the LARGE clip like it sounds like you have, that sits up on top of the recess in the slide.

There is about 1/2 a step difference between the large and small clip, since one sits down in the hole in the slide, and the other sits on top. So if you want 1/2 a clip change, get the other clip. If that makes sense.

I played with different clip settings and different needles, and different jets, for years on my 1994. The factory settings where pretty darn accurate despite all of the people whining about EPA settings.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline larrys

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 08:28:04 AM »
I rejetted my Cal in '01 shortly after buying it. The PO had rejetted it, but badly done. Don't remember any issue like the OP's. Other than running a hole saw through the mufflers, my bike is stock. I installed a Euro spec needle and needle jet (atomizer?) and upped the primary one or two increments, and the main also. Still runs great!
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

F-Fred

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 10:45:56 AM »
When I went thru the carbs on the 1994 I got out of the junkyard, I used the settings in Guzziology for "Euro-Plus":

AB268 nozzle
K-18 needle, clip 3rd groove from top
60/3 slide
50 pilot
130 main

Runs great.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here