Author Topic: Falling over  (Read 837 times)

Rough Edge racing

Falling over
« on: July 23, 2021, 06:55:59 PM »
 I have a basement shop with a 6 foot wide ground level door. From there it's 250 or 500 feet on an off camber grass to the pavement..
  I rode out of the shop on the 61 BSA A10 hot rod for a short ride. I took the longer route to the road and stopped to switch on the phone GPS speed to compare rpm to mph, bike has no speedo. I put my foot down and it slipped on the grass, in slow motion I fell over, protecting the bike with my body  :wink:   
  Laying there for a few seconds the engine idled perfectly despite the bike being flat on the ground..I switched off the ignition and checked around to see if anyone saw me  fall over..The few neighbors were not to be seen.... :bow:
  No damage to the bike, no plastic parts sticking out on these old crates..
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 06:56:24 PM by Rough Edge racing »

Online 73 sport

• Hatchling
Re: Falling over
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 07:09:39 PM »
     How did your young tender body fare?

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 07:24:19 PM »
Old ski instructor rule: no witnesses, no fall. But if witnesses, you buy the beer.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 07:39:58 PM »
Ahhhhh....the old philosophical question.  "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around.  Does it make a sound?"   :grin: :grin: :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 07:39:58 PM »

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 07:48:13 PM »
Sell me that inferno contraption before you hurt yourself young man! :thewife:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 07:52:56 PM »
Glad you and your bike are ok.  The only people who don't drop a bike are the ones who don't admit it.....

We took the shovelhead out for a ride one March day in VT when it was a balmy 35F.  Didn't even have to zip our leathers all the way up.  We get home and slowly pull in next door into my grandparents' upper drive.  No good.  It's melted Just enough underneath the grass and the bike instantly slaps onto the ground....  So I pick up up, hit the button and chug over to the porch as wife walks up the steps.  Gramp was so far gone with dementia that he had no idea why he and I have the same exact name or live next door to each other.  But he looks out the window, sees a bunch of grass hanging from the floorboards and pegs and says "so, uh... Did you have a little trouble out there?" and starts giggling.   That's a pretty great memory.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Offline Roebling3

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 08:04:28 PM »
Now that is wonderful and priceless. I'll be smiling all thru the night. Thank you Cliffrod. Continued good fortune.  R3~

Online Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 09:44:03 PM »
I left for work the other morning on the v50.  I turned right onto our street, then decided to go the other way.  I pulled a walking speed u turn, and had to put my left foot down cause I was turning too tight and too slowly.  My boot heel hung up on the left peg and down I went.  Luckily I rolled coming off the bike.  No one saw.  We all do it.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Riding since 1979
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 10:15:22 AM »
I did something similar in the canoe yesterday in 6 inches of calm water and a small boulder; still haven't figured out how I did it. No one saw me either.
John

V1000 G5 (ex-cop impersonator)
 Convert Hangar Queen

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 03:36:27 PM »
No witnesses.  It didn't happen.   :grin:  That is unless you want it to be reality.  🙆‍♂️
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 08:16:18 AM »
I dropped my new V7 E5 Stone a few days ago at a stop (don't ask how or why).  The engine instantly stopped as the bike went over.  I believe this bike has a tip-over safety switch.  Anyway, no harm to me or the bike.
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Online PeteS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2021, 09:14:47 AM »
Rough, any chance you will have this bike at Hammondsport in couple of weeks for the British Invasion?
August 14th at the Glenn Curtiss Museum for those who haven’t heard,

Pete

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here