Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027834 times)

Offline Steph

• Gaggle Hero
  • Cali Stone/ LM3
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2006, 05:52:52 PM »
Now that we have all given info about ourselves, lets hope some psycho wont come after us with a snipper rifle... ;D

Snipper rifle? Does it use scissors for ammo?

You think it's just a typo error?
in your dreams!
"snipper" rifles are world renowned rifles from transalvania ;D

Offline Rainman

• Gosling
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2006, 05:54:25 PM »
John
Contemporary Blacksmith/Shipwright; Repairing machinery, from 1100ft. oil tankers to a garden tractor.
Hillsboro, OR.
Hobbies; Fly fishing, Fiddling, Tinkering, electronics (building a jefferies My15M ECU), & Dragging pegs on the Guzzi.
1 wife
4 children / 2@home.

'12 Stelvio NTX,  '96 1100i+15M
'06 Breva 1100, '00 Quota
'75 Norton Interstate - WIP
'03 Titanium - WIP
'00 Jackal ...

Zerhackermann

« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2006, 05:58:23 PM »
Now that we have all given info about ourselves, lets hope some psycho wont come after us with a snipper rifle... ;D

Snipper rifle? Does it use scissors for ammo?

You think it's just a typo error?
in your dreams!
"snipper" rifles are world renowned rifles from transalvania ;D

You scare me

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • God hates a coward
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2006, 06:05:25 PM »
Bill Loveladt
 Eskimo Spy under cover as a construction surveyor in the Seattle area
 46 yaers old.
 wife is an excellent pillion occupant good for 400-500 mile days, day after day after day
 Cal II, Eldo, SP1000, 1100Sport
 Like beer, literature, fresh vegetables, MEAT, John Lennon, and Ann Margeret in 'Tommy"
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2006, 06:05:25 PM »

Riding Free

« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2006, 06:15:46 PM »
  Hello Will ,

Thanks for the info. I sold the bike to a pretty well known Dacatisti from Toledo Ohio area. I have heard it now resides with a Detroit area Triumph parts dealer whom I used to deal back and forth with about 25 years ago. It was positively an SS not an S2. Perhaps the title date and GMs involvement had some issues but the ID tag as I recall and title for sure called it a 1984.I still have an old Michigan registration . It had the early style frame, the race kit goodies and the beautiful Contis not those ugly Eastern looking mufflers fitted to the S2.Kick start only and not the S2 style cases. In any event it was a very real 900SS Ducati and titled and probably tagged a 1984. It was only here because GM wanted one. It did come direct from Italy.

From your description it is an earlier model bike titled as an '84, which was common, and that would've been even more likely considering that GM bought it for their own reasons (not likely to include rides in the country :-)  and so they didn't necessariy need to title it. 

Ciao!

Will

My curiousity has been aroused. I will try to get hold of Kenny and have him check the tag. I sold the bike about 20 years ago but for some readon I recall the neck tag showing a 1984 build date. It seems that issue came up when I sold the bike. If I had seen 1982 I would have been more likely to have started referring to it as an 82. Stay tuned I'll try to confirm.

two-speed

« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2006, 06:17:07 PM »
    Hi All,
      Leo Thompson, ---- 70 years young, ;)    Retired mechanic---- (Auto, small engines and Industrial )

Hobbys are----- Camping, Motorcycles, and Cave exploration ;D

Will Creedon

« Reply #156 on: October 06, 2006, 06:22:48 PM »
  Hello Will ,

Thanks for the info. I sold the bike to a pretty well known Dacatisti from Toledo Ohio area. I have heard it now resides with a Detroit area Triumph parts dealer whom I used to deal back and forth with about 25 years ago. It was positively an SS not an S2. Perhaps the title date and GMs involvement had some issues but the ID tag as I recall and title for sure called it a 1984.I still have an old Michigan registration . It had the early style frame, the race kit goodies and the beautiful Contis not those ugly Eastern looking mufflers fitted to the S2.Kick start only and not the S2 style cases. In any event it was a very real 900SS Ducati and titled and probably tagged a 1984. It was only here because GM wanted one. It did come direct from Italy.

From your description it is an earlier model bike titled as an '84, which was common, and that would've been even more likely considering that GM bought it for their own reasons (not likely to include rides in the country :-)  and so they didn't necessariy need to title it. 

Ciao!

Will

My curiousity has been aroused. I will try to get hold of Kenny and have him check the tag. I sold the bike about 20 years ago but for some readon I recall the neck tag showing a 1984 build date. It seems that issue came up when I sold the bike. If I had seen 1982 I would have been more likely to have started referring to it as an 82. Stay tuned I'll try to confirm.

OK, as you have probably noticed, I like old Italian motorcycles, and learning about them :-)

If it has right side shifter, it is a 75.  Rare.

If it has crossover from right side shaft to left side shifter, it is a 76-77.   

If it has left hand shift shaft, silver/blue or black/gold with straight stripes, it is a 78-80. 

If its silver with curved blue stripes (like the picture), and black frame (unlike earlier silver SS's) its an 81-82.

Ciao!

Will

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:49:20 PM by Will Creedon »

Offline morini500

• New Egg
« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2006, 06:37:54 PM »
Lance------43-------Newport RI---------Stone Mason , Scenic Artist--------Wife and 2 boys, 3 and 5 yrs old ---  Interests- Family, Bikes, Surf, Skateboarding, Sculpting, Mid Century Modern Stuff
96 1100sport, Lemans III, 80 Morini 500sport, 62 morini Corsaro Veloce, 72 CB450 Racer

Offline Doug McLaren

• Gosling
« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2006, 06:47:15 PM »
I'm Doug McLaren. I live in North East England, I'm 50, married and have 2 kids.  I've had an interest in bikes since I was about 17 years old. At present I have a 1977 Le-Mans, a 1982 G5 which I've tarted up as a cafe racer and a 1994 Ducati 900 Monster.
I'm a chauffeur, cook, cleaner, gardener, painter and decorator, Mr Fixit, errand runner, childrens entertainer and general dogsbody when I'm at home. The rest of the time - truck driver.
2019 V85TT
1994 Ducati 900 Monster
1957 Lodola 175

Riding Free

« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2006, 06:51:14 PM »
  Hello Will ,

Ciao!

Will

OK, as you have probably noticed, I like old Italian motorcycles, and learning about them :-)

If it has right side shifter, it is a 75.  Rare.

If it has crossover from right side shaft to left side shifter, it is a 76-77.   

If it has left hand shift shaft, silver/blue or black/gold with straight stripes, it is a 78-80. 

If its silver with curved blue stripes (like the picture) its an 81-82.

Ciao!

Will

Got that . Haven't been paying a lot of attention to Ducatis since the 900 was sold. Just a rider not a colllector My 1974 was a right foot shift, 750 Sport it was the only other Duc V twin that I owned.I rode it A LOT more than I ever cared to ride the 900.It was born school bus color and wound up quite red. At the time I had the 900 I was involved in a kidney transplant.That kind of put motorcycles on the back burner for a while. The 900 was silver and blue. The 750 Sport was originally sold at Blackie's in Detroit. The conversion to red  was done by Greg R. You probably know him or of him. I would rather not mention specific names here.

Will Creedon

« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2006, 07:02:33 PM »
    Got that . Haven't been paying a lot of attention to Ducatis since the 900 was sold. Just a rider not a colllector My 1974 was a right foot shift, 750 Sport it was the only other Duc V twin that I owned.I rode it A LOT more than I ever cared to ride the 900.It was born school bus color and wound up quite red. At the time I had the 900 I was involved in a kidney transplant.That kind of put motorcycles on the back burner for a while. The 900 was silver and blue. The 750 Sport was originally sold at Blackie's in Detroit. The conversion to red  was done by Greg R. You probably know him or of him. I would rather not mention specific names here.

Shoulda kept that 750 Sport :-)

Since the 900 was silver/blue, the rest is easy:  if it had a black frame it was an 81 or 82, and probably would've had the boxy dual seat shown in the picture.   OTOH, If it was silver/blue with a silver frame it is a 78 or earlier.

My money is on 1982, fitted with 40-mm carbs and Contis for the Italian market.   Elsewhere that year they often came with LaFranconis and 32-mm carbs, but you could often get the the earlier spec parts as a "race kit" from Ducati for about $400.  Most of them went to Australia in the early 80's.

This is fun trivia, lodged in my mind since I was in my 20's and a bevel nut.  I really loved them, despite puttng most of my miles at that time on a LeMans... like all good bevel nuts!

Will
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 07:13:39 PM by Will Creedon »

SantaFeRider

« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2006, 07:09:20 PM »
that's wonderful.

I remember when I was passing by the walkboard on my Lambretta and the girl in the bikini waved at me with a hot-dog.  I immediately parallel-parked the Civic at the town square and walked to the department store for a cheese danish.  Man! that oil was expensive; but I took it like a man and ordered the Calvin Klein 34-B.  When I got home I emptied the fish pond, lit the grill and threw the sheets in the garage.

Makes a lot of sense.

Will Creedon

« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2006, 07:15:24 PM »
that's wonderful.

I remember when I was passing by the walkboard on my Lambretta and the girl in the bikini waved at me with a hot-dog.  I immediately parallel-parked the Civic at the town square and walked to the department store for a cheese danish.  Man! that oil was expensive; but I took it like a man and ordered the Calvin Klein 34-B.  When I got home I emptied the fish pond, lit the grill and threw the sheets in the garage.

Makes a lot of sense.

The next day some guy on a bevel Ducati went by you so fast you pee'd your pants like any BMW rider would.   He laughed and moved on to the next moving road block.

Will

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 07:18:32 PM by Will Creedon »

toddhaven

« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2006, 07:24:32 PM »
that's wonderful.

Makes a lot of sense.

psst, SFR,
your TV remote is in the freezer, between the ice cream and your car keys.
I don't know why your diving mask and snorkel are there as well, but maybe it
will all make sense to you later :D

Zerhackermann

« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2006, 07:26:46 PM »
I'm Doug McLaren. I live in North East England, I'm 50, married and have 2 kids.  I've had an interest in bikes since I was about 17 years old. At present I have a 1977 Le-Mans, a 1982 G5 which I've tarted up as a cafe racer and a 1994 Ducati 900 Monster.
I'm a chauffeur, cook, cleaner, gardener, painter and decorator, Mr Fixit, errand runner, childrens entertainer and general dogsbody when I'm at home. The rest of the time - truck driver.

Oh Hey...Mclaren....Ni ce cars

Nick_of_time

« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2006, 07:48:45 PM »
Nick Thomas
Livin' in San Francisco
Software technical writer.  Was just purchased by Oracle Software.  Probably won't last.
47 years old
Married to a BMW rider for 10 years.  It's OK, she's Canadian.

Hobbies - currently taking my 2nd motorcycle mechanics class (I ride a Guzzi after all); making muzzle loading firearms, which leads to hunting, which leads to cooking; cheese making, which doesn't lead to anything except weight gain.  Abalone diving, which brings us back to cooking.

Current stable: 
'04 Stone
'00 Harley FXDX (for sale; the poor thing just couldn't compete)
'79 Honda NA 50 (49ccs of raw power, and DAM it's cute)

Zerhackermann

« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2006, 07:51:32 PM »
Software technical writer.  Was just purchased by Oracle Software.  Probably won't last.

Ain't these sofware companies heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?

(Oracle? Documentation? *snicker*)

Hubini

« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2006, 09:21:43 PM »
Mark A Livorini
Poland, Ohio, a suburb of Youngstown
Mortgage Loan Originator for National City Mortgage Co
Been with my wife for 25 years, her and my father are my two best friends
No Children, however we have three dogs Sweetie, Mia, & Ringo, two rescues, and one adopted, I'd love to have a side car rig so that they could ride with us
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 09:38:12 PM by Hubini »

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2006, 09:28:35 PM »
hey I was just wondering if everyone would go back and add their social security numbers and credit ratings
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

hotair

« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2006, 09:41:45 PM »
SURE!!! 1123451234 credit score 0000000000 Z you and SFR are on a tear tonight ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2006, 09:48:04 PM »
Live on the navel of the Earth.

Atlanta is the rectum of the earthi.

Says one who has never spent a summer in Bakersfield.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Zerhackermann

« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2006, 09:50:17 PM »
Live on the navel of the Earth.

Atlanta is the rectum of the earthi.

I have. It's a pile.

Offcamber1

« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2006, 10:29:19 PM »
"I was born a poor black child..."

spadapatina

« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2006, 11:45:32 PM »
Marcus Parris 35

former welder/fabricator, wheelchair mechanic, composite fabricator, boatyard rat
currently sales rep for durable medical equipment and really missing the Zen meditation of the TIG Torch and the Perfect Bead
 1.3 kids, 1 wife, 2 dogs, a morgage in the Hudson Valley NY
 '78 1000SP    '84 Cal II
 Hobbies are bikes; photography; splitting wood; taco exploration (Mexican food, you dirty git); home repair and yardwork avoidance
 Politics are well left of center with leaning , sympathy, and go get 'em for Libertarians and Greens (you figure it out, I cant)
 All time Favorite food is black roasted arabica beans, ground fine, served as liquid delivered under high pressure into a small cup; leafy greens served dry and brown, rolled in a tube and served in packs of twenty; whole grains and leafy greens fermented at room temperature with lager yeast and served chilled in a 12 oz "Anchor Steam" bottle; and if I get hungry, a handtfull of East Oakland or Central Valley taco truck Al Pastor tacos with lime juice, hot sauce, and garnished with sliced radishes and scallions. The perfect meal is a taco made with two (preferably handmade) tortillas, fresh protein, cillantro,  and raw onion., If you're stressed about taco truck food quality, the one thats crowded and has folding chairs stuffed with cops and day laborers at lunchtime is always safe and food quality absolutely guarranteed three star.The saddest day will be when haute cuisine/pop culture recognizes and embraces the true taco truck, probably  leading a Hollywood actor owning a chain of of them.

Offline dee g

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2006, 11:49:48 PM »

I have.  Used to live in Cal City. Reserved for KCSO, spent WAY too much time on the roads between Boron and BFL/Lerdo.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 10:21:50 PM by dee g »

Riding Free

« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2006, 06:23:51 AM »
that's wonderful.

Makes a lot of sense.

If some is bad more is better ??? Could be all the effort to resist reading is such a strain as one ages.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 06:25:48 AM by Riding Free »

john in vt

« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2006, 06:38:01 AM »
John Stewart

vermont

51 years old, married a long time to great lady

restore antique autos

am into snowboarding, 70s italian motorcycles, women

also restoring an airplane (sanity check)

74 sf750
77 900sd
78 900ss
79 cx100

Offline centauro

• Gosling
« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2006, 07:15:30 AM »
Valerio Barone, 52, General Aviation A &P mechanic; Mary Esther, Florida
Val Barone
1984 1000 SP/NT (sold)
1973 Benelli 650S Tornado (sold)
1985 Vespa PX150E
1973 Honda CB 350 Four

Learn from other's mistakes ; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline guzziknight

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2006, 09:06:55 AM »
Hi All,

I'm Yaniv Adir. I live in Atlanta, GA. I have a 98 EV and an 06 Concours. I've been on the MGCL for years, but just got onto Wild Guzzi. I am a helicopter Pilot for Atlanta Police.

Yaniv
Blue Knights Georgia VII
Iron Butt Association #18342
Moto Guzzi National Owners Club #L-773

Four Wheels Move the Body. Two Wheels Move the Soul.

Calling an Illegal Alien an "Undocumented Immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist."

Atlanta, GA

VA Sean

« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2006, 09:13:14 AM »
Hi All,

I'm Yaniv Adir. I live in Atlanta, GA. I have a 98 EV and an 06 Concours. I've been on the MGCL for years, but just got onto Wild Guzzi. I am a helicopter Pilot for Atlanta Police.

Yaniv

Yaniv-
I would like to report a vandal who lives somewhere near the Garage Mahalo... he places nails under the wheels of Bill Hagan's motorcycles.... please put out an APB... sorry no physical description... just look for the guy with a sack full of nails!

Welcome to the board!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here