Author Topic: Wanted parts, college station, CL, acap...  (Read 3006 times)

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
Wanted parts, college station, CL, acap...
« on: January 03, 2017, 07:33:49 AM »
Acap....as cheap as possible....time to empty the garage....I wonder how big a pile we could dump on the front lawn...sounds like one of us

https://collegestation.craigslist.org/mcy/5899242763.html
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

oldbike54

Re: Wanted parts, college station, CL, acap...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 09:23:06 AM »
 The double whammy of cheap culture , the guy lives in East Texas , AND is a Guzzi rider , so which one of you guys is this ? :evil:

Dusty

Offline cloudbase

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 12:19:39 PM »
He is one of us, and posts occasionally.  Good guy.

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 12:23:07 PM »
He is one of us, and posts occasionally.  Good guy.

He needs to contact The Turnip , or Rodekyll .

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 12:23:07 PM »

Offline Lesman

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 04:56:56 PM »
Thank you for making me almost famous. I have rescued two loopers. I would like to get one running in this lifetime. Both bike are missing parts. Since I'm a youngster compared to most Loop riders. Those parts that y'all have coveted and stored for 20 years, let's just Guzzi IT!
When I start my build" The Guzzi Awakening: Release the Eldo" you will be part of history. I'm not from East Texas but from Houston, Where the inmates run the asylum.

oldbike54

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 05:06:39 PM »
 Rodekyll , you seeing this ?

Dusty

Offline cloudbase

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 05:40:00 PM »
The bikes are missing parts, and Lesman is missing a few screws.  A perfect match.

Offline EldoMike

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 06:38:15 PM »
A cheap Guzzi rider....imagine that!  :evil:

Offline cloudbase

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »
He's not cheap.  He's thrifty.

twowings

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 08:43:06 PM »
Unnecessary parts add weight and impair performance... :boozing:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:43:32 PM by twowings »

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 09:59:00 PM »
Thanks, Dusty!
I'm on location today at the Oleo Ranch, a secret submarine base in East Texas, where we're moving everything Loopy out the door!  From spoke nipples to complete bikes, it's all going somewhere!

Mormans, Lesmans, Germans, .... we welcome anyone who has three things: a truck, cash, and if from Houston, a note from his doctor saying he's allowed outside without supervision.  I read the CL ad and I'm confident we can meet his budget constraints with the quality of parts in the other shed.   :afro:

If you are looking for some nonspecific stuff and have a limited vocabulary when it comes to describing quality, the Oleo Ranch is the natural destination for all your loop frame needs.  From completely clapped out rocker pins to NOS pill boxes, we've got stuff.  Lost a clutch spring?  We found it.  Eldo disk brake headlight ears?  We hear you!  Fuel tank?  How big?  2LS parts all over the place.  Fairings.  Bags.  Borriani.  Those funny shaped ambo dashboards -- Need the speedo too?  Lake fuel injection? Those funny shaped eldo dashboards -- Crinkle or chrome?  Light bars that circle the bike -- What color?  It's nuts, I tell ya, and bolts, too!  Make an offer!  Buy it all!

Seriously though -- if you've got a shopping list and would like to tour the Oleo Ranch collection of fine patina, drop me a PM to schedule your exclusive showing.  You'll be treated to rare viewings of the fabled "Circle of Death", the bottomless and dark "Other Shed", and the sinister "Hocheemin Trail" that connects the two.  The storied trail down which many bikes roll, drag, and carry, but none never, ever return.  And then there is "The Stuff."  Stuff that once seen, many swear can never be unseen.

Call or write now!

Back to you in the studio, Dusty!

oldbike54

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 10:22:10 PM »
 Thanks for the report Rodekyll , more later from our roving reporter in the streets as this story develops .

Now , over to Jim with the weather ...

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 10:42:09 PM »
Jim went home, with sniffles, Dusty.  He left a note:

GONNA GET COLD

Back you you.

oldbike54

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »
 So Rodekyll , what are the conditions on the ground at the Oleo Ranch ? Have there been anymore reports of Bigfoot ?

Dusty

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 11:22:48 PM »
I am rolling on the floor...poor guy, you've probably scared him off...

"No wait, come back...we'll change..."
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

oldbike54

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 11:24:55 PM »
 No we won't  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 11:33:35 PM »
So Rodekyll , what are the conditions on the ground at the Oleo Ranch ? Have there been anymore reports of Bigfoot ?

Dusty

Thanks for asking, Dusty.  The ground here is sandy, which obscures the many bigfoot tracks, but seems to sprout loop frames in dark places like fairie rings of mushrooms.  They're everywhere.  We're still seeing those mutant footprints, and it seems, hidden outside the human visual spectrum, bigfoot follows Tex everywhere, and very closely.  Alerted by earth tremors and cigar smoke, I've tracked it around the corner, Nikon poised, several times, only to find Tex alone.  I'm nervous about what will happen when they meet.  I think he is, too.  He goes around the ranch all the time with a chainsaw and a wrecking bar sticking out of his pockets looking like he means business.

Bigfoot's beat me so far, but if I can find a submarine in a broken sump I'm bound to sleuth out this intrigue before they have an epic confronation.

Is Jim back in the studio yet?

oldbike54

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 11:56:10 PM »
 No , Jim apparently has been getting his directions from Tex , and is lost on a Farm to Market road somewhere between Tyler and Longview . We have dispatched our helicopter , but the pilot , "Wrong Way Henderson" has somehow ended up perched atop a transmitter tower located just South of our studios . A camera crew is on the way , meanwhile , Wrong Way seems to be remaining calm considering the chopper is hanging upside down over 100 feet in the air . All in all , a very exciting evening . Back to you David .

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 12:59:56 AM »
We have further updates from the secret submarine base at the Oleo ranch.  The solar dryer sprang a leak and I had to use a flashlight to finish it.  It was LED so now all my colors are odd.

But I digress.  Wrong Way has the water tower in his big light, and that's just across the base from here.  Jim should be here shortly.  Tex explains the bad directions as a diversionary security measure.  He says the base is a secret.  If he gives out the right directions it's not anymore.

But I digress.  When I went to empty the solar dryer, the earth shook, a north wind came up, and everything went cold.  It was eerie.  Wrong Ways' big light had the dryer at a shallow angle on account of he was a mile over south and pointed at the cell tower thinking the water tower was wrong.  If he'd been pointed at the water tower Jim would have found his way to the base.

But I digress.  In the long shadows of the helicopter's search light, a massive figure ran west-to-east, vaulted a pile of 4-speed cases and disappeared behind the nomar machine.  It had come from the dryer.  I had my hands full of the basket and clothespin bag and the flashlight and the camera.  It's a really nice one for night shooting, and I'm pretty good at it.  I dropped everything except the flashlight and camera, and then I had to wind up the stupid flashlight to use it.  I forgot about that part.

But I digress.  I wasted too much time, and once away from the safety of the Hocheemin Trail, I couldn't navigate safely through the security measures in place at the Oleo Ranch.  remember, it's a front for this submarine base.  You gotta keep that part in mind or the rest sounds silly.  Tex keeps it secure by dropping trees randomly.  It's a double threat.  While you're looking overhead for a branch to sweep down like a barn owl, you trip over something and it could be days before you're found -- the ranch is just that big.  We often notice buzzards circling the nether regions.  You can draw your own conclusions.

But I digress.  I missed him again.  Between the wind-up flashlight and the terrain, my hands and attention were full.  He lumbered off to wherever it is he lumbers off to, and I stumbled back to the dryer wondering if I'd ever get evidence of his existence.  I got to the dryer, and made two discoveries about Bigfoot.  1:  He exists.  B:  He's really big, and 3:  He rides a Guzzi.  It explains a lot about the East Texas Bigfoot and why he skulks about on the Oleo Ranch, with its lush faerie rings of loops and accessories in which to skulk about.  I'm beginning to think there's a connection between these weird goings-on at the ranch and the secret base.  It's not natural for antique guzzis to sprout out of Texas, and it's not natural for Bigfoots to stomp about in sandy soil.  Every bigfoot footprint you ever saw was clear as anything.

But I digress.  I got a picture of Bigfoot's laundry on the solar dryer.  It's proof of 1,B,and 3, above.

I took down my laundry and brought it into the house.  When I came out
again the solar dryer was empty.

Sobering and exciting at the same time.

Back you you in the booth.

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 01:14:13 AM »

I'm not from East Texas but from Houston, Where the inmates run the asylum.

Ummm - I lived in San Antonio. For us, Houston WAS East Texas! (And they certainly let the inmates supervise the Katy Freeway construction!)
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

oldbike54

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 01:29:28 AM »
 Great report David , Nancy Gribble who has come to the studio got so excited she has peed her pants a little .

We have contacted the Bigfoot expert at SFA university , he has advised your Bigfoot may be female and she is looking for a suitable mate . The females are very gentle , but also extremely cautious due to the incident at Nacogdoches in 1988 . Our expert advises the females respond to love ballads such as Michelle by the Beatles , and are fond of truffles .

Tell Wrong Way NOT to parachute down , he will know why .

Take a break , we will dispatch help in the morning .

Signing off KTEX news , broadcasting from Canton TX .

Dusty

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 05:38:59 PM »
Lesman,
Sure, lots of free parts. Tell my sorry ass insurance company that wont pay over $4,000 in tree damage that I should give you free parts.
i do have some free Windjammer fairings, H-D bags, bates bags, Pacifico faring , etc that will go when they repo my place.

Tex

oldbike54

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 05:42:15 PM »
 Ken , this was my fault , just thought maybe his ad was overstating his , er , frugal nature .

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 06:23:11 PM »
Tex meant that he's got uninsured tornado damage he's trying to pay for with these parts sales, but there are things like the fairngs and such that are available for cheap-to-free because they are too costly to ship. We've got some really nice fairings and mounts for loop and tonti frames.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here