Author Topic: wanted . guzzi convert  (Read 4791 times)

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
Re: wanted . guzzi convert
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2017, 01:11:40 PM »
This nice one just popped up on the local CraigsList.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/clt/6072580774.html

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Lumpy Idle

• Gosling
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »
'97 1100Sporti
'76 850T3

"You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter."
--- Anonymous

Offline gearman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
I have an excellent 78 I have been considering selling. If you are still in the market, let me know.
hinz 57
Well I picked up a 1977 with supposedley 9800 miles on it. We drove 24 hrs to huntsville AL.I paid way too much,$4000.But I was tired of people not following through with pictures etc.The bike looked great in pictures but in person the owner had painted the bolts, and he did not have the head light he said he had etc.It did have a nice white set of Krauser bags and top case,and a beautiful Vetter fairing :grin:I originally thought it was too good to whack up,but once I got into it I decided you can't make mayonase without breaking eggs.Oh, it also has a King and Queen seat. If anyone is interested in buying the take offs PM me.I also weighed the take off stuff and it was 88 pounds.I all looked heavier than it was.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 05:15:07 PM by gearman »

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 08:40:52 AM »
Sorry it was taking me so long to finally get in touch with my friend Keith, but sometimes life and work gets in the way. Caught up with him yesterday and got his SD card with photos on it. He couldn't get them to upload, so couldn't send them to you. Even then the photos are not good - dark, blurry, not showing much.

If anyone is looking for a police Convert, needing a little work, for $1500, let me know and I'll put you in touch with Keith.
Charlie

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 08:40:52 AM »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »
Looks like I should price mine higher.   :tongue:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline NC Steve

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2017, 07:24:20 PM »
So, while we're talking about Converts, can someone fill us in on the differences between a standard Convert and a Cal II "Automatic"? I know the Cal II has a longer wheelbase than comparable Guzzis of the time, but are there otherwise any significant changes? Is one bike considered "better" than the other?
'16 Triumph T100
Past:
'19 RE Himalayan
'07 Honda ST1300
'00 Jackal,'89 Mille GT,'03 Cali Stone
4 Airheads, '88 K75,'99 BMW R1100R
___________________ ___________
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2017, 08:25:23 PM »
Only thing that comes to mind is that the longer wheelbase Tonti from the longer swing arm is less twitchy but you'd hardly notice it on the shorter wheel base Tonti's.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline gearman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2017, 10:38:43 AM »
The cal 2 auto has square fin cyl heads I believe.I had one. Nice bike but felt long on 90 degree turns.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2017, 11:36:08 AM »
 :1:

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2017, 11:47:23 AM »
So, while we're talking about Converts, can someone fill us in on the differences between a standard Convert and a Cal II "Automatic"? I know the Cal II has a longer wheelbase than comparable Guzzis of the time, but are there otherwise any significant changes? Is one bike considered "better" than the other?

Different engine (square-fin), frame (taller steering head), swingarm (longer), seat, fenders, instrument cluster, wheels, sidecovers, etc. Super stable out on the highway, not as nimble on backroads as the 'Vert.
Charlie

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 11:55:26 AM »
What they said.  The parts that make it a Convert did not change though.  They just stuck them onto cal II's.

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2017, 11:57:54 AM »
Round slide carbs....cast wheels
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2017, 11:39:56 PM »
Only thing that comes to mind is that the longer wheelbase Tonti from the longer swing arm is less twitchy but you'd hardly notice it on the shorter wheel base Tonti's.

I've found "twitchy" has a lot to do with the leverage of your handlebar.   My VX800 felt twitchy in handling until I put a superbike handlebar on it and then it didn't even feel like the same bike any more.  :bow:  And the VX has a longer swingarm than any Tonti Guzzi ever made even tho it's wheelbase is 60" just like most Tonti Guzzis.

Offline ccoli

• Gaggle Hero
  • What? Me Worry?
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2017, 12:14:33 PM »
Well I picked up a 1977 with supposedley 9800 miles on it. We drove 24 hrs to huntsville AL.I paid way too much,$4000.But I was tired of people not following through with pictures

I apologize as well for not getting back to you promptly. I ended up selling mine locally to another member here. Gonna miss her.
Wisconsin MGNOC Rep
03 EVT/EML hack, 99 Bassa, SPIII, 3-78 Robins, 75 T3, 74 Eldo, 32 Sport15, Ambo custom.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here