Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1033651 times)

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2430 on: July 19, 2017, 11:33:28 AM »
G'day blokes and blokesses, from the glorious Great Southern region in sou'western West Oz.  Fairly recently retired and looking at trading up to Gutz soon(ish).  Current beast is a Suzuki DR650.  Had at least 1 motorized 2 wheeler for 54 years this year.  Was exclusively Italian for about 20 years, with 3 Ducatis, 2 Benellis, 1 Laverda and 1 MV Agusta.  Always wanted a Gutz, and planning on fixing that with a new V7iii Special.
Good on ya  cobber, a few good Aussies on this forum

Cheers
Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Smithy

• New Egg
« Reply #2431 on: July 21, 2017, 05:29:50 PM »
Hello, I've been looking at this forum for a few years and finally joined up. 2015 Cali Custom owner from Central Victoria, Australia.
Serial bike owner with a love for all bikes, I was very close to buying a new V11 LeMans (went with a VTR1000 but still love the V11s) but I never lost the want for a Guzzi. Late 2015 went to buy a GS1200 BMW but before handing over the cash I just had to satisfy my curiosity on how the new 1400s went. Dropped into A1, test ride on the Monday, picked mine up on the Saturday. I probably spend too much time polishing it, but with a bike this nice why not.
Cheers
2021 BMW GS 1250
2015 California Custom - Sold
1976 KTM Jackpiner
1929 Rudge 500

Offline Gramps_Guzzi

• New Egg
« Reply #2432 on: July 22, 2017, 07:15:10 AM »
Hello,
I am new to the group.

Name Mike Warner
Location Lancaster, PA USA

New owner of 2012 Norge.
Back into motorcycling after about 8 years absence.

Admired Moto Guzzi for a long time, now I own one.

Previous;
1965 Ducati Scrambler, wish I still had it.
19?? Suzuki 185, dirt bike and to-from work transportation.
1982 Kawasaki KZ-1000, project bike. Bought it in pieces out of a barn and put it back on the road
2004? BMW R1150R, nice but sold it for some unknown reason.

Hoping to learn from and share information with the group.

Wishing all safe and happy motoring.

Offline GuzziGeezer

• New Egg
« Reply #2433 on: July 23, 2017, 01:24:41 AM »
Hello All,

Wayne Davis, 66, newly retired, previously in drug development, Bend, OR, USA.

Current:
2014 V7

Previous:
73 Honda 350
78 Honda, 750F
95 BMW R100R
98 BMW K75

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2433 on: July 23, 2017, 01:24:41 AM »

Offline wrinkley

• New Egg
« Reply #2434 on: July 24, 2017, 01:38:14 AM »
Morning,

Steve Howell,

Yorkshire England,

Ridden all my life,

Semi-Retired, psychiatric nurse,

Love to go camping on my bike, skiing, re-loving unloved bikes.

Generation 2 Triumph Explorer.....very unloved 09 Stelvio (yes it's got cracked legs, well, one cracked leg.)

Ex Guzzi's.....  2014 Stelvio NTX.....2008 1200 sport 2 valve.

oldbike54

« Reply #2435 on: July 24, 2017, 07:39:28 PM »
 Welcome folks , now start posting , we are bored  :laugh: Show us pics , give us ride reports . Now damnit  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
« Reply #2436 on: August 14, 2017, 12:28:47 PM »
Hello,

You can call me GG.
I'm a 50 year old, stay at home mama, and moto-newb.
(I don't think the old Honda 250? I learned on, or the old clutch Lambretta I took my first spill off of in the mid 80's, count.)
Live in Phoenix, so I get the "dry heat" joke. 
I've just passed the MSF BRC, and received my motorcycle endorsement.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:53:42 PM by Guzzi Gal »
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline decotriumph

• New Egg
« Reply #2437 on: August 14, 2017, 12:42:40 PM »
Welcome, all new members. let's see some pictures of those rides!
Alan M
Tullahoma, TN

2004 Moto Guzzi California EV1100 Touring

Past Guzzis:
2020 V85TT Adventure
2017 V9 Bobber
2014 Stelvio NTX
2012 Stelvio
2000 Jackal
1997 1100i Sport
1975 850T

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2438 on: August 16, 2017, 12:09:06 PM »
So you want a ride report, and pics huh?   :whip2:

Here are our little '16 Honda Metropolitans.  In June, my husband surprised me with the matched set for our upcoming 30th anniversary.  He didn't know the can of worms he was opening, poor thing! 

To say thank you, I purchased our gear (ATGATT all the way), and signed us up for the MSF course.  Once that was done, I started looking for more cc's for us, hence the "can of worms". 

Now to the ride report.
These little gems were updated for 2016, and remained unchanged for 2017.  The update included a new look, and thankfuly, more power.  The previous unit's speed was listed around 35 mph, whereas the current model maxes out at 42.  I can hit 42 mph, in 60ish seconds, going down hill, or in 90, on the flat. 

Commuting in stop and go traffic, at 35 mph, is it's sweet spot.  The power delivery is relaxed, but not so much as to be a problem coming off a light.  With tremendous engine breaking, you only have to use the linked brakes when coming to a complete stop.  When tooling the back roads, bumps are a touch harsh, but easily avoidable due to the scoots excellent maneuverability.   

As a whole, the Honda Metropolitan, with it's 22 liter (full face helmet size) storage, is the perfect errand runner, and a sweet Sunday brunch ride. 

"Miri" and Mori"

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2439 on: August 16, 2017, 03:12:36 PM »
So you want a ride report, and pics huh?   :whip2:

Hey, who's that guy with Annie Lennox in that picture?  Lucky dude, that ....  :bow:

Be all that as it may, I've got a '55 BSA M21 that has performance parameters that aren't much different than your Hondas there, maybe about +15 MPH to your numbers.

It's amazing how many roads you can ride safely on IF you pay attention to time and traffic flow and ride like you have 10 horsepower.   I'm considering riding mine from southern Virginia to northeast Ohio next year on the back roads, about a 10 hour trip over the mountains.

And thanks for the reminder, I've GOT to remember to sign up for an MSF course.   Riding for 45 years and still shock myself with the things I don't know.

Happy riding!

Lannis

"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2440 on: August 16, 2017, 11:12:14 PM »
Hey, who's that guy with Annie Lennox in that picture?  Lucky dude, that ....  :bow:

Ha, I'm honored, kind sir, to be worthy of such praise!  That poor sod is the man who puts up with my "mild" Guzzi obsession.  Little does he know, I'm in deep negations for my "big girl" ride, with Dave Richardson of Moto International.  However, the Lucky Dude doesn't have to foot the bill for my new toy, which should sooth him a touch.

I wish we had mellower roads nearby.  Even though the average posted limit is 35, flow of traffic is closer to 55/60.  Hence my interest in a bigger ride.   

"Miri" and Mori"

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2441 on: August 17, 2017, 07:31:23 AM »
Ha, I'm honored, kind sir, to be worthy of such praise!  That poor sod is the man who puts up with my "mild" Guzzi obsession.  Little does he know, I'm in deep negations for my "big girl" ride, with Dave Richardson of Moto International.  However, the Lucky Dude doesn't have to foot the bill for my new toy, which should sooth him a touch.

I wish we had mellower roads nearby.  Even though the average posted limit is 35, flow of traffic is closer to 55/60.  Hence my interest in a bigger ride.

Friend of mine here just bought an "Anniversario" --- and for a combination of looks and performance, you just can't beat it.   Gets attention like one of my old bikes does whenever he stops, and a smooth, strong ride.

Although when you equip a V7-III with full luggage, you've got something you can tour the world with.   Or anything in between.   Guzzi has hit a home run with these bikes, you CAN'T go wrong!

Lannis

kirby1923

« Reply #2442 on: August 17, 2017, 10:33:49 AM »
M 21!
I ran into a guy a couple of years back just north of Nice Fr on a M21 while I was touring on a beemer. He had come all the way from Scotland and was camping along the way. Said the ferry was a bitch! Almost lost it on the wet ramp getting off. He was in his late 70's and a very happy camper.

I guess there is hope for we old guys yet!

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2443 on: August 17, 2017, 11:01:00 AM »
M 21!
I ran into a guy a couple of years back just north of Nice Fr on a M21 while I was touring on a beemer. He had come all the way from Scotland and was camping along the way. Said the ferry was a bitch! Almost lost it on the wet ramp getting off. He was in his late 70's and a very happy camper.

I guess there is hope for we old guys yet!

Rode this one from John Wells' place in PA, to Brimfield MA for the 2006 BSA International, then to Niagara Falls, then to Toronto OH and back to PA ....

where can i upload photos

I know this isn't the BSA forum or the Big Guys on Little Bikes board, but whenever I can, I try to buck the well-meaning but misinformed (?) tide of sentiment toward "Needs 10 or 15 More Horsepower" or "That's Not Enough Bike" and the like.

We used to go EVERYWHERE on bikes that many people today wouldn't even consider beginner bikes.   It doesn't have to be that way, and new riders need to appreciate that as they decide what it is they really like!

Lannis

kirby1923

« Reply #2444 on: August 17, 2017, 11:18:18 AM »
Agree!
I'm getting to really like the RE 350!( kick start and all, although no long trips...yet)

m
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:20:40 AM by kirby1923 »

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2445 on: August 17, 2017, 01:55:32 PM »
Friend of mine here just bought an "Anniversario" --- and for a combination of looks and performance, you just can't beat it.   Gets attention like one of my old bikes does whenever he stops, and a smooth, strong ride.

Although when you equip a V7-III with full luggage, you've got something you can tour the world with.   Or anything in between.   Guzzi has hit a home run with these bikes, you CAN'T go wrong!

Lannis

Aw shucks Lannis, you make a girl wanna buy a bike.   :kiss: 
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline issyguzzi

• New Egg
« Reply #2446 on: August 18, 2017, 06:34:55 AM »
Hello, I'm Josh, from Issaquah, Wa.. Just bought an Audace, it's my 3rd Guzzi.  The 1400's are amazing compared to the past Guzzi's I owned and ridden.

upload your photo

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #2447 on: August 18, 2017, 12:46:35 PM »
Hello everyone.  Long time rider, first time Guzzi rider here.  I have had a Cali Custom for about a month now and really like it.  I previously had a BMW K1200RS and other BMW's, Harleys, Rice eaters and even a Victory.  I get away for a couple of medium-longish two wheel trips each year.

I look forward to discussing these fine steeds with you all.
Blue Guzz

Offline grame99

• New Egg
« Reply #2448 on: August 21, 2017, 04:32:55 PM »
Hello

Grame here in London. Picking up a one-year old red Roamer this Wednesday after passing my test last week...

Offline Joshua

• New Egg
« Reply #2449 on: August 21, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
Hello all,  Joshua here.

Just today I purchased my first Moto Guzzi! I have been ridding for many years and a few years back had the pleasure of ridding a few vintage Guzzi's while on vacation in Europe. This set my heart afire and after much searching for the right goose, I settled on one particular bike. Some of you may know her, she has been a topic of conversation on this forum before.

Say hello to Sophia!

Glad to meet you all and glad to be a forum member, I know I will have many questions, this has been a great source of answers in my browsing prior to purchase, please be gentle with me as I am somewhat new to the "forum" thing!

She is not in my possession just yet, shipping takes place in the next day or so. As I have not seen her in person before so I used the sellers image. Thanks Leo!

My heart is racing, not sure if I will survive the wait!!

Joshua

Photo credit - Leo Nemirovsky

My Rides:

'72 Ambassador "Sophia"

Offline Raven

• New Egg
« Reply #2450 on: August 22, 2017, 08:02:23 PM »
Mike Stowe
Printer Northern Vt

Hobbies Skiing and motorcycling.  The Guzzi and forums new to me.  Looking forward to all the knowledge on this forum.
1992 BMW K75rt
1980 Guzzi SP1000

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2451 on: August 23, 2017, 09:39:52 AM »
Hello all,  Joshua here.

Just today I purchased my first Moto Guzzi! I have been ridding for many years and a few years back had the pleasure of ridding a few vintage Guzzi's while on vacation in Europe. This set my heart afire and after much searching for the right goose, I settled on one particular bike. Some of you may know her, she has been a topic of conversation on this forum before.

Say hello to Sophia!

Glad to meet you all and glad to be a forum member, I know I will have many questions, this has been a great source of answers in my browsing prior to purchase, please be gentle with me as I am somewhat new to the "forum" thing!

She is not in my possession just yet, shipping takes place in the next day or so. As I have not seen her in person before so I used the sellers image. Thanks Leo!

Joshua

Photo credit - Leo Nemirovsky

Sophia is a beautiful and well-known lady around these parts, and really IS "all that", as they say.

Glad she's gone to a discerning guy!

Lannis

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Evil wins if Good Men do Nothing
« Reply #2452 on: August 24, 2017, 01:06:36 AM »
Hi

I'm MMRanch
I live on MMRanch rd.  in South - Central , Tn.
Ive been ridding since I was 15 years ,and have been 42 years old now for 22 Years , And holding just fine.
I'm a CMAUSA member for years but have had only two jobs so far ... Chaplin and Road  Captain.
Currently have three bikes ,

Suzuki LS650(2005) that is slightly modified , the "Me Bike" , 3.5 gal fuel tank , Floorboards , Soft Luggage , and a modified HD Wide-Glide Seat (very comfortable )   This is the "KEEPER" bike out of all of them.    Left side of picture.

HD Sportster (2007), I call the "WE" bike but sometimes take it out with-out the wife , w/soft luggage

Guzzi new V-7 Stone , not sure where this one fits in , Just  got it two weeks back and just now getting a windshield on it , but if the wife likes it more than the Sportster , then the Sportster might have to find a new home .

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:10:17 AM by MMRanch »
2016 V7-II Stone
2022 Royal Enfield Meteor Stellar Blue

Offline Leo

• Gosling
« Reply #2453 on: August 24, 2017, 08:25:48 AM »
Hello all,  Joshua here.

Say hello to Sophia!

Joshua

I literally hugged the bike goodbye before I left her for shipping! I've gotten to know Joshua a bit during the sale process and he's going to be a great addition to the WG... family :)

New York, NY
'74 Eldorado
'15 Norge GT 8V

Online BRG-BIRD

• Hatchling
« Reply #2454 on: August 24, 2017, 09:15:42 PM »
Mark Bartels
Heavy Duty Truck Sales
Menomonie, WI

Just committed to buy a 2009 Moto Guzzi Norge today!

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2455 on: August 25, 2017, 07:52:28 AM »
Mark Bartels
Heavy Duty Truck Sales
Menomonie, WI

Just committed to buy a 2009 Moto Guzzi Norge today!

Sat next to a truck seller on an airplane once.  Fascinating.   I had no idea how many hundreds of combinations of engines, transmission ratios, rear ends and all, that could be put together.   He would take orders for trucks for specific ROADS so it was always in the right gear ... !

Of course, nowadays we always ask ... Is the Norge you're getting an 8-valve?   And if it is, well, you know the question about the flat vs roller tappets!

Lannis
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:27:25 PM by Lannis »

Offline mdemeure

• New Egg
« Reply #2456 on: August 25, 2017, 02:54:53 PM »

Hello all,
new to group.  I have a 2000 MG V11 sport.  We just moved to CA from AZ.  I went to DMV and was told I didn't have a federal emissions sticker and have to go to CHP.
A tech from LA dealer told me to check in with Piaggio office HQ in Costa Mesa and they were great.  They promised to provide me a letter to verify compliance and then
hopefully I can get my bike registered here in CA.
Also a shout out to Moto Guzzi Classics.  Josh there did a great job tuning up my bike and getting it all ready to ride because it had be sitting in garage for a while.  It is now running great.

Mike

Offline DavidR8

• New Egg
Whoops!
« Reply #2457 on: August 25, 2017, 04:52:04 PM »
Forgot some protocol here!
Hailing from Vancouver Island, currently riding an '06 Triumph Tiger 955i.
Looking to replace the Tiger likely in the New Year. Current candidates include: GSA, S10 and Stelvio.
Leaning toward S10 though I can't secure a ride locally. Likewise the Stelvio.
Argh! Pains me to live on an island sometimes.

Offline tj.tingley

• New Egg
« Reply #2458 on: August 26, 2017, 06:49:57 AM »
Howdy, I'm TJ, from southeastern Illinois.
I'm a State Farm agent.
I'm into about anything outdoors. I love Jeeps and decided to follow my father in law into the Guzzi world.
My first motorcycle is a V7iii Anniversario. #809of1000 which is weird since all the literature said they were making 750. 
I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AlexL

• New Egg
« Reply #2459 on: August 26, 2017, 07:45:29 AM »
Hi y'all! I'm from Gulf Shores, AL and now I have a Guzzi! Well, most of a Guzzi. I like old bikes I currently have a 1971 Honda CB750 cafe racer that's my keeper (ten years and counting) a 1995 Honda Nighthawk, and various dirt bikes and projects. I've stuck to Honda for most of my bikes but I've always wanted a Moto Guzzi. So I found a project for sale this week and bought it. It's a 1973 Eldorado and it's rougher than I was hoping. The original plan was a full resto, but that looks too costly so it may get a slight resto mod to avoid paying through the nose for some stuff. Here's an 'as found' pic and one after a light rinse...

I've got a lot of work ahead of me and I know little to nothing about these bikes. I'll be around lurking or asking questions if I can't find the answers I need in the archives. I'll start a build thread once I actually start working on her. For now I'll be collecting parts and knowledge.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:41:54 AM by AlexL »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here