Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1033941 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2460 on: August 26, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »
Howdy, I'm TJ, from southeastern Illinois.
I'm a State Farm agent.
I'm into about anything outdoors. I love Jeeps and decided to follow my father in law into the Guzzi world.
My first motorcycle is a V7iii Anniversario. #809of1000 which is weird since all the literature said they were making 750. 
I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bike, lots of interest in those these days!

As a State Farm guy, don't be bothered too much by all the moaning we do about insurance companies on here.   If you don't want to ignore them (which is always the low-stress option), we'd LOVE to hear explanations by someone with boots on the ground in the insurance business about why so many apparently inexplicable things happen to us customers ....!

Enjoy!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Labor

• New Egg
« Reply #2461 on: August 27, 2017, 09:03:57 AM »
Hello all, St. Louis, MO here.  I'm currently riding a 99 Triumph Adventurer, looking to buy a 2012-2016 Norge in the next few months. 

good image hosting site

Offline Stephen Hill

• New Egg
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #2462 on: August 27, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »
Hi.  I just joined this discussion group, hoping to learn about my 1976 LeMans Mark 1.  And to share anything useful I might discover along the way.  I live in Victoria, BC, Canada.  The Moto Guzzi is a departure for me, as up to now I have been into British bikes in a big way, primarily Norton Commandos, but also a Triumph Bonneville, Daytona, and Trident as well.  I bought the LeMans from the original owner, who was a motorcycle mechanic.  It's pretty original, and I plan on keeping it that way. 
I will probably be posting a question about frame and engine numbers, because while the bike is registered as a 1977, I am pretty sure it is a 1976.  I also curious about LaFranconi vs stock M1 mufflers, as the originals are done.  I do pretty much all my own work, using a small lathe, mill, TIG, etc.
I look forward to chatting with other early LeMans owners.

Stephen Hill
Victoria, BC
1977 Moto Guzzi LeMans Mk1
1989 Honda NT650, 1999 Honda VFR
1956 BSA Gold Star, 1968 BSA Royal Star
1968 Triumph Bonneville, 1969 Triumph Daytona, 1973 Triumph Trident
1968 Norton Fastback, 1969 Norton 650SS, 1972 Norton Commando Combat, 1974 Norton Commando Interstate

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2463 on: August 27, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »
Hi.  I just joined this discussion group, hoping to learn about my 1976 LeMans Mark 1.  And to share anything useful I might discover along the way.  I live in Victoria, BC, Canada.  The Moto Guzzi is a departure for me, as up to now I have been into British bikes in a big way, primarily Norton Commandos, but also a Triumph Bonneville, Daytona, and Trident as well.  I bought the LeMans from the original owner, who was a motorcycle mechanic.  It's pretty original, and I plan on keeping it that way. 
I will probably be posting a question about frame and engine numbers, because while the bike is registered as a 1977, I am pretty sure it is a 1976.  I also curious about LaFranconi vs stock M1 mufflers, as the originals are done.  I do pretty much all my own work, using a small lathe, mill, TIG, etc.

Stephen Hill
Victoria, BC
Welcome to the Guzzi world Stephen, lots of great advice to be had here and congrats on getting a real bike :-)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2463 on: August 27, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »

Offline shaka

• New Egg
« Reply #2464 on: August 27, 2017, 10:23:26 PM »

Stephen Hill
Victoria, BC

Stephen,
My wife and I stayed on Brentwood Bay, within walking distance of Butchart Gardens. We kayaked out on the water to watch the fireworks,  bicycled around Victoria and had an enjoyable, memorable vacation on your beautiful island. I almost forgot, welcome to the forum.
1998 V11 EV
Long Ago:
Norton Fastback
R50/2
R60/5

Offline Stephen Hill

• New Egg
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #2465 on: August 28, 2017, 11:47:44 AM »
Thanks Shaka for the welcome.  I live not far from Butchart Gardens, and in the summer get to hear the sound of the fireworks quite clearly.  Unfortunately, not close enough to see them.  It's a great place to live, but I spend much of the winter trying to plan motorcycle rides around the rain.

Stephen
1977 Moto Guzzi LeMans Mk1
1989 Honda NT650, 1999 Honda VFR
1956 BSA Gold Star, 1968 BSA Royal Star
1968 Triumph Bonneville, 1969 Triumph Daytona, 1973 Triumph Trident
1968 Norton Fastback, 1969 Norton 650SS, 1972 Norton Commando Combat, 1974 Norton Commando Interstate

ff73148

« Reply #2466 on: August 30, 2017, 08:57:32 AM »
Thanks for the add.

New to Moto Guzzi. Just purchased a new 2016 Eldorado leftover. I'm impressed.

Offline tj.tingley

• New Egg
Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2467 on: August 30, 2017, 05:35:36 PM »
Nice bike, lots of interest in those these days!

As a State Farm guy, don't be bothered too much by all the moaning we do about insurance companies on here.   If you don't want to ignore them (which is always the low-stress option), we'd LOVE to hear explanations by someone with boots on the ground in the insurance business about why so many apparently inexplicable things happen to us customers ....!

Enjoy!

Lannis
Thanks! I just got my motorcycle license today. I am loving it! 
As far as insurance I have thick skin!  Happy to share my two cents.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:36:42 PM by tj.tingley »

Offline JukeboxGothic

• New Egg
« Reply #2468 on: August 31, 2017, 01:08:19 AM »
My name is Andrew. I used to post here a while back but started new when I got back on a Guzzi. Live in Sydney Australia near Maroubra beach. Been riding for 36 years on a lot of different bikes and scooters. Currently own an 850T, Velocette Venom and a Vespa PX200E. 
Laverda 1200TS
Velocette Venom
Vespa px200E
LeMans Mk11
Zundapp DB200 1939
Yamaha RD400 1977

Offline fuzzymoto

• New Egg
« Reply #2469 on: August 31, 2017, 07:57:41 AM »
Hi,

Martyn Fallace
IT Program Manager
Winchester, UK

current & keeper: '75 LAPD Eldorado
Lost but not forgotten:
MG LeMans
Suzuki T500
Lost & forgotten:
Ducati 900 Dharma, 748SPS & 900SS
Suzuki GT250
Gilera 50 moped (we all had to start somewhere!)

Offline normannoemi

• First year as a Guzzi owner
  • New Egg
    • none
« Reply #2470 on: September 03, 2017, 08:54:58 PM »
Norm Blades, 40 years old, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Hobbies are Snowboarding, Wakeboarding, Motorcycles, Flying small aircraft.
2012 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V,

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Current ride:
2012 Griso, Tenni Green.

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
« Reply #2471 on: September 05, 2017, 01:50:27 PM »
My first motorcycle is a V7iii Anniversario. #809of1000 which is weird since all the literature said they were making 750. 
:thumb:
Hi, and welcome to WG!  Everyone says, when asked about the number of units, "They changed their mind, and forgot to mention it". 

This is my Anni (220/1000), moments after rolling off the truck. 

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:25:02 PM by Guzzi Gal »
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline motormike131

• New Egg
    • wildguzzi
Introducation !
« Reply #2472 on: September 05, 2017, 04:57:02 PM »

Good Day ... new guy to Guzzi twin. Many years ago I had a 34' 500 (ex military) I picked up while in the Army overseas. Shipped it home.. they lost it.
    Recently picked up this one owner 71' Ambassador. Estate auction. with purchase price, fees, tax, lic/pates.. I'm into it for nearly $1900.oo.
    First thing I did was install the proper seat. Last weekend had it serviced and headlight repaired. Wife and I did a 5 day weekend on the back roads in SW Wisconsin. Also did some interstate freeway. But.. while on a county road rolling along at 55-60.. we heard what sounded like breaking glass. Got to our destination and discovered the head light fell out. A visit to Ace hardware.. duct tape, auto head light we'r good to go. I can't fault the shop that did the work.. things happen.
1929 Motobecane, 70' Xs650, 75' Xs650 Police, 50' Alycon (fire) 51' & 52' Terrot (police) 52' Peugeot (M/police), 65 Tri 650, 68' Cb450P (police).70' 450 Ducati, 75' Condor, 71' Ambassador, 62' Cushman, 82' Cx500P trike (police) 06 Helix, 10' Enfield w/sidecar, 42' Harley flattie, 1 wife

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Introducation !
« Reply #2473 on: September 05, 2017, 05:10:36 PM »
Welcome. Nice old Ambo.  :thumb:
Charlie

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #2474 on: September 05, 2017, 06:24:44 PM »
You had a Guzzi single and they lost it in shipment???  Worth 15K if running today.  Nice buy on the estate auction!  Looks to be a 4-speed Ambassador of 1917???   Spruce it up a little and it is worth 4X what you have into it now.  Since you are new to Guzzi and you now have a vintage "loopframe", you need to familiarize yourself with this site:
http://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_loopframe.html
Absolutely everything you need to know to maintain that machine.
Also, all the parts you might need are right nearby at:
http://mgcycle.com/
or at
http://www.harpermoto.com/
and come an join our email discussion forum at Yahoo Groups and search for "Loopframe_Guzzi" with the underscore.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #2475 on: September 05, 2017, 06:44:35 PM »
nice score  !
I dig the highway pegs! and those 60's custom mirrors..
we have a local (Mpls) club meet, 3rd Sat of each month.. JU will probably get you on the mailing list when he reads your post.

MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline motormike131

• New Egg
    • wildguzzi
« Reply #2476 on: September 05, 2017, 07:01:59 PM »

This is my buddies Guzzi.... we both shipped one back from overseas.. his made it.  (that's my Peugeot, French M Police)
    I have been told I should have floor boards..?.... also the nice shade of barf blue has to go.... I'm lean'n towards stock red with matching fare'n and bags also in red....but other projects are ahead of it..so meanwhile I'll enjoy the bike as is.

1929 Motobecane, 70' Xs650, 75' Xs650 Police, 50' Alycon (fire) 51' & 52' Terrot (police) 52' Peugeot (M/police), 65 Tri 650, 68' Cb450P (police).70' 450 Ducati, 75' Condor, 71' Ambassador, 62' Cushman, 82' Cx500P trike (police) 06 Helix, 10' Enfield w/sidecar, 42' Harley flattie, 1 wife

Offline Blakbird

• New Egg
« Reply #2477 on: September 12, 2017, 06:51:35 AM »
Blakbird.

Fell head over heels for my Lemans (Mk1 Series II) in January 1980.  Went to Hyde M/C of Horsham to trade in my POC 78 Triumph Bonneville 750 for something more suited to 2-up touring.  The bike my wife venomously refers to as "your baby" is in my garage today.  Next to a '96 Sport 1100 (card) and only 2 slots away from my newest love a tuned and synched '14 California 1400.

Hobbies, Short, 150 - 200 mile loops through the N. GA USA mountains, Coffee with friends - just far enough from home to warm the engine oil. Tinkering with computers.  Occasional wrenching.

Born: Aug-1954
Married: Jun-1980

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2478 on: September 12, 2017, 02:53:13 PM »
Blakbird.

Fell head over heels for my Lemans (Mk1 Series II) in January 1980.  Went to Hyde M/C of Horsham to trade in my POC 78 Triumph Bonneville 750 for something more suited to 2-up touring.  The bike my wife venomously refers to as "your baby" is in my garage today.  Next to a '96 Sport 1100 (card) and only 2 slots away from my newest love a tuned and synched '14 California 1400.

Hobbies, Short, 150 - 200 mile loops through the N. GA USA mountains, Coffee with friends - just far enough from home to warm the engine oil. Tinkering with computers.  Occasional wrenching.

Born: Aug-1954
Married: Jun-1980

'Ang on a mo' ... so you went to get a two up touring bike in 1980 but ended up with a LeMans.  Ok, fair enough, that happens, you still owe her one ... then the next bike is a Carb Sport from 16 YEARS later, which is by no one's definition a two up bike ....   :shocked:

... and then finally, 34 years after you promised your wife a nice two-up ride, you finally get a California?   :undecided:

I was born in 1954 too, but I wouldn't have lived until 2017 if I'D tried that .... !!   :wink:
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Tatclick

• New Egg
« Reply #2479 on: September 19, 2017, 05:37:41 PM »
Hi, Tom West here, 61 years of age, Tacoma, WA, USA, still working as a communications lineman and heavy equipment operator.
 I have a background in motorcycle offroad racing, enduros, hare scrambles, and desert racing. Have a few KTM's and Yamaha dirt bikes. Limited experience with street bikes. Had a Yamaha DT1 enduro, then 3 Triumphs in the 70's and 80's. Took a break from the street until 3 years ago when I bought a 2008 Ducati Hyper Motard 1100. I've put about 6000 miles on it since then. I've been looking around for a more suitable and comfortable bike for 2 up riding with my wife. A 2000 Moto Guzzi Jackal found it's way to us at just the right time. My brother-in-law passed away (cancer) 2 years ago and my sister recently asked if I would like his bike. Rough way to get it but it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to have it shipped up from Houston, then will have to go through it with a fine toothed comb. It has been stored in a warehouse without being started for 3, maybe 4 years. It made it through the hurricane but sitting for that long poses other problems I'm sure. I'm hoping to pick some brains on this site and become somewhat of a MG mechanic. After lurking here for a couple of weeks it looks like there is a wealth of knowledge and I'm looking forward to sifting through it. I enjoy my time in my shop and it looks like I've got a good winter project.

PS Not very computer literate

Tatclick (Tom at Click Network, my employer) 

Offline Guzziriderjr

• New Egg
« Reply #2480 on: September 19, 2017, 06:58:04 PM »
Shawn Hoagland
30 yrs old
Active duty US Coast Guard.

1996 Sport
2014 Cali custon

oldbike54

« Reply #2481 on: September 19, 2017, 07:07:39 PM »
Shawn Hoagland
30 yrs old
Active duty US Coast Guard.

1996 Sport
2014 Cali custon

Welcome all , Shawn , you might be our first AD Coastie , where are you stationed ?

Dusty

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2482 on: September 20, 2017, 08:10:01 AM »
'Ang on a mo' ... so you went to get a two up touring bike in 1980 but ended up with a LeMans.  Ok, fair enough, that happens, you still owe her one ... then the next bike is a Carb Sport from 16 YEARS later, which is by no one's definition a two up bike ....   :shocked:

... and then finally, 34 years after you promised your wife a nice two-up ride, you finally get a California?   :undecided:

I was born in 1954 too, but I wouldn't have lived until 2017 if I'D tried that .... !!   :wink:

Welcome aboard BlakBird,     How's the 14? You getting ready for the campout?
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline insignia100

• New Egg
« Reply #2483 on: September 26, 2017, 11:30:46 AM »
Hey guys, wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new Moto Guzzi owner (never thought I'd say that!) from Tucson, AZ. I previously rode a 2007 Road Star 1700 but was tired of riding that barge of a bike around town. Ended up trading for this 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone. This is my 9th bike in nearly as many years riding. If I'm as happy with this bike in 6 months as I am now, this will have been an excellent decision.

The bike has 14,230 miles. I'm planning on doing the 12,000 mile service since I don't know when it was serviced last. Anything specific I should be looking at?

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2484 on: September 26, 2017, 12:07:03 PM »
Welcome, friend of mine runs Rusty's bike shop in that town.
For maint just the usual , oils & filter, set valves, air filter, sync throttle bodies(if only 1TB disregard), reset TPS, fork oil.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline insignia100

• New Egg
« Reply #2485 on: September 26, 2017, 12:21:01 PM »
Welcome, friend of mine runs Rusty's bike shop in that town.
For maint just the usual , oils & filter, set valves, air filter, sync throttle bodies(if only 1TB disregard), reset TPS, fork oil.

He worked on my Road Star last year when it was fouling plugs. Did great work, found the broken emulsion tube in the carb after another shop missed it.

Offline GypsyMoth

• New Egg
« Reply #2486 on: September 27, 2017, 05:51:39 PM »
Hello group!

I'm John, retired and live in the SF Bay Area, California...

I grew up on British twins and have been riding BMWs for years (currently own a GS-A Waterboxer and a F650GS Twin, as well as a 1959 Enfield Constellation).

I've been considering the purchase of a Guzzi for some time, and I've started to focus on a Stelvio.

Cheers,
John

Received my Stelvio late last week, working on running in miles now. Interesting Bike!

kirby1923

« Reply #2487 on: September 27, 2017, 06:46:13 PM »
Do ya chase bugs or is your handle from the DH? Great A/C..fun. I once considered using WACO but figured people would think I was 'LOCO".
Welcome to the asylum!

:-)

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2488 on: September 28, 2017, 07:15:00 PM »
Hey, Gypsy Moth..
This kind?
2017-09-11_01-53-00 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline arnuld

• New Egg
    • My Ruminations on Software
« Reply #2489 on: October 05, 2017, 12:48:39 AM »
Hi There,

This is ARNULD from Hyderabad (India).  Software Engineer. 37 years old.

Hobbies:. Motorcycling, Reading History, Linux, Health and Fitness and reading as much as I can about Moto Guzzi [emoji4]  . No, I don't own a Guzzi yet. There is 110% import tax and that make it out of my budget as of now. I own a standard motorcycle,  Bajaj CT100B, 100cc bike, 240 lbs, 160 mpg. And yes, bike registration number is 911 [emoji28]

Sent from my InFocus M260 using Tapatalk

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here