Author Topic: Men’s health message  (Read 3068 times)

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
Re: Men’s health message
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2023, 06:19:18 PM »
I will be getting a colonoscopy and endoscopy on the 27th of this month to make sure I haven’t sprang any leaks.
If I have, it’s more than likely due to not using the correct oil weights in my machine 🤔😂

Hopefully they won't find the threads on your drain plug hole are stripped.  Drilling that out and adding an Thread-Lok or Helicoil might be an uncomfortable procedure.

This probably doesn't need to be said, but before Huzo says it:  "Pleased don't post pictures or video from your colonoscopy or endoscopy!   :wink:
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2023, 06:24:12 PM »

My brother and I have benign prostatic hypoplasia, which means big angry swollen prostates without cancer. It means we have chronically high PSA.

Did you or your brother ever ask the doctors "Why is my prostate so angry?"
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2023, 06:28:06 PM »
One of my high school buddy's father had to go in for a colonoscopy.

Afterwards his father was complaining about the procedure.

His son replied "Stop your complaining!  I don't feel sorry for you.  I kinda feel sorry for the guy watching the computer screen.  Do you really think he was having a good day?"

Life is good when the fathers know they are too old to put up a good fight!!!  You can say anything you want!!!   :evil:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 06:30:39 PM by SIR REAL ED »

2019 Beta EVO 250
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Offline n3303j

• Ron Cichowski
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2023, 07:54:07 PM »
My doctor told me about 2% of his colonoscopy patients skip the anesthesia. Colonoscopy is really a non-event. The prep is the only really nasty part of the whole procedure. I'd rather drive myself (bike) home after the video interlude.
Often the doctor is very chatty because it's one of the few times he gets to talk with his patient and discuss the procedure and his tools. One time the doctor proudly exhibited the scope (after a rinse) showing me all the articulations it performed and available tools it possessed.
You also get to see who is good at his task and who should probably be working for Roto-Rooter. Like the "good guy" explained he knows all the turns and twists and runs the course anticipating them as he goes. Last one was with a quiet doctor, but the nurse was chatty and gave a full narration of each and every part of the video.  ....and since you starved for the procedure you get cookies or muffins afterward.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 08:41:39 PM by n3303j »
'98 MG V11 EV
'96 URAL SPORTSMAN
'77 MG 850T3 FB

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2023, 07:54:07 PM »

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2023, 04:18:09 PM »
Did you or your brother ever ask the doctors "Why is my prostate so angry?"

Yeah. Answer: It's idiopathic. That is, no one knows the cause. Most prostates continue to grow slowly with age, but as George Orwell said, some are more equal than others. May have to do with hormone changes, may be genetic. Our mother (and her mother) died of breast cancer, so there may be a genetic component.

As for angering your prostate, some of the information in this thread suggests that riding might have something to do with it. My brother is a top age-category bicycle racer.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline n3303j

• Ron Cichowski
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2023, 04:45:21 PM »
Asked the Head of Urology at Brigham & Woman's (who removed my prostate) if a lot of bicycling then a lot of motorcycling could have caused any of my prostate problems. His response was an emphatic "NO".
'98 MG V11 EV
'96 URAL SPORTSMAN
'77 MG 850T3 FB

Offline Navydad

• Hatchling
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2023, 07:33:15 PM »
Asked the Head of Urology at Brigham & Woman's (who removed my prostate) if a lot of bicycling then a lot of motorcycling could have caused any of my prostate problems. His response was an emphatic "NO".

All of my docs said NO as well.

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2023, 10:46:37 PM »
I am sharing a positive message regarding prostate cancer as I lie in bed 24 hours post op having my prostate surgically removed.
The message is simple: get a PSA blood test annually to detect if there is a likelihood of cancer. Because my cancer was detected after a quick rise in the PSA score I am expecting a full recovery and free of cancer.
Should you find yourself in these circumstances understand that if detected early the 10 year survival rates are close to 95%.
Secondly, if you are to have a prostate biopsy ask for a MRI fusion assisted biopsy, this new technique helps the urologist pin point where to extract tissue samples.
Third point; if the biopsy is positive ask for a full body PET scan, this technique uses a specific nuclear isotope to detect the spread of prostate cancer at the cellular level and will allow the surgeon to remove all cancer cells that have been detected.
I had a very aggressive form of prostate cancer but due to all the steps I have described, taken in quick succession, I am expected to have a full cure.

Thanks for hearing me out

Jim

Jim, sorry I'm a little late to this party, haven't been on the website for awhile.   Had my prostate enucliated almost two years ago.  Quite a change in quality of life, for the better.  I was non cancerous but extremely enlarged, high PSA and it was affecting other organs.  Hope you're doing well and healing fast.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline Canuck750

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2023, 10:58:30 PM »
Jim, sorry I'm a little late to this party, haven't been on the website for awhile.   Had my prostate enucliated almost two years ago.  Quite a change in quality of life, for the better.  I was non cancerous but extremely enlarged, high PSA and it was affecting other organs.  Hope you're doing well and healing fast.

Thanks for the kind words.

Its been 4 weeks since my surgery and I feel real good! I have been going to physio a couple times a week working on pelvic floor and core muscles and I can feel the progress. No bladder problems which is a real pleasant surprise after all the warnings I received to expect a loss of control. I have to hold off lifting anything heavy for a couple more weeks. Almost sleeping through the whole night without having to get up and pee!
48 Guzzi Airone, 57 Guzzi Cardellino, 65 Benelli 200 sprite, 66 Aermacchi Sprint, 68 Gilera 106 SS, 72 Eldorado, 72 Benelli 180, 74 Guzzi 750S, 73 Laverda SF1, 74  Benelli 650S, 75 Ducati 860GT, 75 Moto Morini 3-1/2, 78 Moto Morinii 500

Online Stretch

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2023, 05:52:18 AM »
Good news is always welcome!   :grin:

Very glad you're on the mend and the surgery was successful.

Spring's just around the corner, so get out there and ride!   :thumb:

-Stretch
1967? Change Jiang M1M
1978 Yamaha SR500
1987 BMW K75S
2011 Kawasaki KLR650
2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring
2015 Triumph Trophy
2017 Moto Guzzi 1400 California Touring

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here