General Category > General Discussion

Risers

(1/3) > >>

Moparnut72:
It seems when I start riding again in earnest each spring the bike doesn't fit me as well as I remember. I am going on my 3rd year with my V7lll Special. This year is the same as last year, "this bike could use a set of 1" risers with some setback." So saying that, I have a question, rather than tearing the bike apart to check I thought I would ask the experts here. I did a search and didn't find anything definitive. Will a set of 1" risers with some adjustable setback work with the existing clutch cable and brake line?
kk

Dirk_S:
Read someone on the V7 FB page said their pullback risers didn’t fit—cables wouldn’t reach. Not sure if the V7 II and III cables are the same, but I’ve successfully used both pivoting risers from APE Racing and currently using the SW Motech 30mm risers. The SW Motech risers bring my posture back to a more neutral stance, whereas before I leaned forward too much for long term comfort.

Sometimes I find it odd that Guzzi slapped that big tank onto the old small block frame and pulled the seat back compared to the older small block models. Makes the V7 a hybrid sport-neutral-cruiser stance.

RinkRat II:

Thinking out loud here, don't know if it'll work for you, but I used a set of risers off a honda (ebay $20.00)   for my Sport and they work a treat.
Small setback and higher by an inch. No other changes. Food for thought.

Paul B :boozing:

Moparnut72:
I've been looking at the Rox pivot risers. Good idea on ebay. I usually check ebay for stuff. Can usually find something.
kk

frozengoose:

--- Quote from: Moparnut72 on March 18, 2023, 10:28:08 AM ---It seems when I start riding again in earnest each spring the bike doesn't fit me as well as I remember. I am going on my 3rd year with my V7lll Special. This year is the same as last year, "this bike could use a set of 1" risers with some setback." So saying that, I have a question, rather than tearing the bike apart to check I thought I would ask the experts here. I did a search and didn't find anything definitive. Will a set of 1" risers with some adjustable setback work with the existing clutch cable and brake line?
kk

--- End quote ---

I put these handlebars from MG on my v65 to get a more upright seating position, takes the pressure off my wrist/elbow arthritis/tendonitis. There's probably other styles that'd work too. Might be cheaper than risers. The existing cables worked too.

https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=52&products_id=4781

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version