Author Topic: Triumph Fork Boots screaming deal fyi  (Read 676 times)

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
Triumph Fork Boots screaming deal fyi
« on: May 07, 2019, 08:38:20 AM »
As I work through various jobs on the bikes, replacing the fork seals on my CalVin with some SKF seals is on the to do list. When I do that job I like to install fork gaiters or boots as they're called, so I don't have to do it again, hopefully,lol.

From the information on this forum, the Triumph fork boots are supposed to be a good fit, 60mm on the bottom 41mm or 43mm on the top, just have to be stretched a little.

If you were thinking about doing this job or wanted to line the parts up to do it in the future, now is a good time, I just ordered my set.

For whatever reason, Triumph has lowered the price on their gaiters from $80 to $20, not sure if that's a temporary sale price or they are intending to discount and clear out old stock, but for good quality boots that are supposed to fit well,,, that is a screaming bargain and cheap insurance for any new seals. fwiw ymmv

https://shop.triumph-motorcycles.ca/performance/id-A9638018/fork_gaiters

Kelly
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Online Don G

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Triumph Fork Boots screaming deal fyi
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 08:45:59 AM »
Is that in Canadian $ ? If so, they are damn near free for the people with US$ ! Smoking deal for sure. :thumb: DonG

Offline BrotherJim

• Gosling
Re: Triumph Fork Boots screaming deal fyi
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 12:16:36 PM »
I like the look of fork gaiters.  I'm using "Bonneville" gaiters on my CalStone and I think I paid around $25 US shipped.  They fit nicely and work well.  Conversely, I paid maybe $85 US for the set I've got on my Triumph from Bella Corse.  Shop around, for sure!
Short Time Livin'...

'02 Moto Guzzi California Stone

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here