Author Topic: 21st Ontario Guzzi Rally Aug.28-30 lake Nipissing, Lavigne, Ontario, Canada  (Read 5077 times)

Offline 750S3

• New Egg
Puch125
Honda250
Kawasaki750
Ducati 900GTS
Moto Guzzi 750S3
Moto Guzzi Griso 8VSE Tenni

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
I'll see you there Luca.  Shaun............Wa terloo Dark! :boozing:

Nick

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
Hey, Nick.  I'll see you there, but not sure if Guy will have Waterloo Dark.  I seem to recall that he made the move to all local beers a few months back.  Looking forward to it, regardless!! 

Cheers,
Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore (Yep, two)

canuck750

Sounds like fun, it's on my bucket list to ride my Eldorado across the country one of these years, hopefully sooner than later.

Have fun and post lots of pictures.

Cheers

Jim

Wildguzzi.com

Offline nick949

• Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
Sounds like fun, it's on my bucket list to ride my Eldorado across the country one of these years, hopefully sooner than later.

Cheers

Jim

This year's a good one Jim.  If Dan, from California, can ride his to Newfoundland and back, I'm sure you can make it to Lavigne.   I'd even buy you a beer :boozing:

Nick

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero

Cheers

Jim

You'll be more than welcome when you arrive, Jim.  I might even know of a good place with a lift and some tools so you can service the Eldo.  Not blue tools, but otherwise serviceable. 

Cheers,
Shaun
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:36:28 PM by smdl »
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660

canuck750

Tempting. I am in Whitehorse heading to Dawson and then Inuvik. My two sons and best friend are with me on KLR 650s. Weather is good and I am a lucky man.
Cheers

Jim

Offline nick949

• Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
Tempting. I am in Whitehorse heading to Dawson and then Inuvik. My two sons and best friend are with me on KLR 650s. Weather is good and I am a lucky man.
Cheers

Jim

You are indeed!  Have a great trip and watch out for those Barren Ground Grizzlies (what on earth will you do - you don't carry.......?  :evil: )

Nick

canuck750

You are indeed!  Have a great trip and watch out for those Barren Ground Grizzlies (what on earth will you do - you don't carry.......?  :evil: )

Nick

Trip was great. We rode just over 2600 km in 5 days, 1300km of gravel and mud

Did not get past Fort McPherson due to deep mud, heavy rains and two bikes had 80/20 street trail tires and could not maintain traction, got tired of falling after an hour of spills. Dawson was great and Skagway a great ride from Whitehorse. The Dempster is very busy compared to ten years ago when I last rode it. Not much wildlife either, caribou do n't migrate for another couple weeks, lots of Eagles, a couple brown bears and moose. You could ride the Dempster on your Eldo if it was dry, early July would be better. +3 in the morning up there and snow on the mountain peaks.

Offline nick949

• Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
Trip was great. We rode just over 2600 km in 5 days, 1300km of gravel and mud

Did not get past Fort McPherson due to deep mud, heavy rains and two bikes had 80/20 street trail tires and could not maintain traction, got tired of falling after an hour of spills. Dawson was great and Skagway a great ride from Whitehorse. The Dempster is very busy compared to ten years ago when I last rode it. Not much wildlife either, caribou do n't migrate for another couple weeks, lots of Eagles, a couple brown bears and moose. You could ride the Dempster on your Eldo if it was dry, early July would be better. +3 in the morning up there and snow on the mountain peaks.

Glad to hear you're back safely.  I've heard that the roads get a trifle slick in the rain. Now, load up and head east - Shaun will buy you a pint. :laugh: :boozing:

Nick

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
Glad to hear you're back safely.  I've heard that the roads get a trifle slick in the rain. Now, load up and head east - Shaun will buy you a pint. :laugh: :boozing:

Nick

Heck, maybe two!    :boozing:

Cheers,
Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660

Offline grinmaul

• New Egg
Me and my wife are really looking forward to this, we have a cabin for 2 nights at camp castaway, we have Friday off so we can get an early start, we are riding up with just the 2 of us, but that is fine, she wants to ride at her pace, and my pace is whatever her pace is:)

i feel like i am over packing for this short trip, and yet i will get there and have missed something important, but i hear North Bay has stores now so all should be good.:)

Looking forward to seeing you guys again, and meeting new people.

Kevin.

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
Looking forward to seeing you both up there, Kevin!  Yes, there are stores relatively close by, so you should be able to find what you need.

Cheers,
Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660

Offline billgilbert

• New Egg
Located my passport, got my SP tuned up, going to make my first trip to the Ontario Rally. I see there are two campgrounds mentioned in the rally calendar, you guys favor one over the other?
-BG

Offline nick949

• Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
Located my passport, got my SP tuned up, going to make my first trip to the Ontario Rally. I see there are two campgrounds mentioned in the rally calendar, you guys favor one over the other?
-BG

Many people stay at the Jolly Voyaguer.  It's the only one I've used so can't comment on the other as I have no experience of it - but the JV is perfectly fine (and a short walk to the bar).

Nick

Offline sturgeon

• Gaggle Mentor
Cheers

Jim

I'm pretty sure I saw you guys. I was there for a 2-week canoe trip on the Wind and Peel rivers.
Dyslexics Untie!

11 Yamaha WR250R
14 Moto Guzzi V7S
16 BMW R1200R

Offline nick949

• Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
I'm pretty sure I saw you guys. I was there for a 2-week canoe trip on the Wind and Peel rivers.

That looks like a wonderful trip.  Proper adventure.

Nick

Offline sturgeon

• Gaggle Mentor
That looks like a wonderful trip.  Proper adventure.

Nick

It was. Much carnage on the first day - a couple of dump-and-swims through some nasty strainers on an unexpectedly high McClusky Creek, before we even got to the Wind. One canoe missed an upstream ferry and proceeded to run a km or so of that stuff backwards (but stayed dry with a couple of very good female paddlers). Near the end of the creek part way through day one, one guy suffered a dislocated shoulder and had to be helicoptered out to Dawson. Luckily we had a couple of MDs along on the trip who were able to reduce it, otherwise we might have had to just kill him and eat him. That resulted in an odd number of paddlers, so a few of us had to take turns soloing a fully loaded Royalex 17-footer for the rest of the trip. Sure is beautiful country through there. Lots of mountains and canyons to run through.

I also unexpectedly ran into a buddy of mine in Whitehorse who's on a couple of month wander through the west, on an R80G/S with about 300,000 km on it. Last I heard he'd gone up to Inuvik and back and was in Anchor Point AK, complaining about having run out of roads further west and having to turn back  :grin:
Dyslexics Untie!

11 Yamaha WR250R
14 Moto Guzzi V7S
16 BMW R1200R

Offline geoff in almonte

• Gaggle Mentor
We have a cabin (sleeps 5) booked at Camp Castaway for fri & sat nites - and one of our riders is unable to join us. 

That means a bed has become available.

PM me if interested.

Cheers!

Geoff
Midnight bugs taste best

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
Wow, Carl Dixon was amazing this evening, and it was great to see such a significant early turnout for the rally.  Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here