Author Topic: 2004 Cali EVT, Longer Cables and Brake Hose?  (Read 1015 times)

Online Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
2004 Cali EVT, Longer Cables and Brake Hose?
« on: May 06, 2016, 11:52:09 PM »
I've just added today a set of Rox risers to get my bars back about 1.5-2". With some re-routing, the clutch, throttle, and front brake are JUST long enough as well as some wires.

Is there a stock cable/hose set from another model that is longer? The Ambo/Eldo had the stock and police cables. If not, I may have to get some custom cables. Don't want to go this route as the clutch was quoted at about $100 made by a respected cable manufacturer.

Does anyone know of a cable/hose builder that knows Guzzi and I can just tell them the model and how much longer I need?

Thank you,
Tom

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:36:49 AM by Tom H »
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
Re: 2004 Cali EVT, Longer Cables and Brake Hose?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 11:57:34 PM »
That's a silly price.  They should be able to extend the ones you've got for a few dollars.  I generally go to a 'good' bike shop (generally a larger UJM) and they take a look, say "you need another three inches (don't we all?)" and for maybe $20 they cut the cable end, pull it out of the sheath, add the three inches to the sheath, drop in a new cable, and there you go.  For the same price some will build you one from bulk.  It's just not that big a deal.

Online Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 2004 Cali EVT, Longer Cables and Brake Hose?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 12:12:55 AM »
Many moons ago, on another bike from my youth, I had a respected local accessory shop make a clutch cable for me as I was tired of paying dealer price. The end kept pulling off. A few times of them trying to fix it I gave up and bought a dealer cable. So I'm kinda leary of small shop built cables. That was why I mentioned a shop that knows Guzzi and the cable I need and tell them that I need one 2" longer.

Thank you for your thoughts!! (BTW: Cool Trike!!)

Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here