General Category > General Discussion

Hydraulic clutch concerns, questions on Norge

<< < (2/7) > >>

Gliderjohn:
Thanks for the help and comments from all. No, I haven't checked or done anything yet as I was hoping to get some guidance here before diving in. Probably tomorrow as I have my annual "wellness visit with my doc this afternoon.. At least I now some information to start with.
GliderJohn

blackcat:
Don't be embarrassed John, the first time I bled the hydraulic clutch on my 07 Norge was this spring. Didn't have any problems with the clutch and the fluid looked pretty good for being in there for 15 years. 

Huzo:

--- Quote from: Gliderjohn on September 21, 2022, 01:27:01 PM ---Thanks for the help and comments from all. No, I haven't checked or done anything yet as I was hoping to get some guidance here before diving in. Probably tomorrow as I have my annual "wellness visit with my doc this afternoon.. At least I now some information to start with.
GliderJohn

--- End quote ---
Well, look after yourself first GJ….
Keep your bank angle and attitude constant and always set the trim….
But I digress.

Certainly just top up the fluid if required and if that works, for heaven’s sake don’t just button it up and leave it.
Those Norges contaminate their fluid like buggery, so if you’ve found the cause, dump it and re fill with clean stuff.
Do the brakes while you’re there.

Huzo:

--- Quote from: blackcat on September 21, 2022, 01:31:12 PM ---Don't be embarrassed John, the first time I bled the hydraulic clutch on my 07 Norge was this spring. Didn't have any problems with the clutch and the fluid looked pretty good for being in there for 15 years.

--- End quote ---
Son of a mongoose…!

lucian:
Also, on the clutch lever the little rod that pushes the master cylinder in is adjustable. There is a small grub screw that locks it in position. You need a proper fitting allen wrench to loosen that set screw and you then can unscrew the plunger rod  a little bit to lengthen it. Start with 1/4 to 1/2 of a turn. It purpose is to compensate for wear in the mechanical side of the clutch actuation and makes up for travel lost to wear. Similar to the old school cable end adjustments. If the fluid side of things is ok , it may be time to lengthen the plunger a tad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version