General Category > General Discussion

V85TT Idle Adjustment

<< < (2/2)

GuzziOrDeath:

1100-1150 is normal. There is no way to adjust the idle by the user.

Steve, there's no throttle stop. It has an ETB (electronic throttle body).

Clifton:

--- Quote from: Stuarto72 on November 29, 2022, 01:49:41 PM ---I have a 2021 V85TT, purchased new, now with just under 5000 miles. The bike idles at about 1100-1150 RPM which seems a little too high....

--- End quote ---

I believe that's actually a little low, it should idle around 1,300.

tris:

--- Quote from: guzzisteve on November 29, 2022, 03:08:49 PM ---.....If you see a stop screw on throttle body DO NOT mess w/it or you'll need a new one & ECU(integrated together).

--- End quote ---

THIS

If you doubt the validity of this statement, google "scared screw" with regard to the CARC bikes

Whilst not exactly the same it will help demonstrates the amount of self-inflicted pain that can be caused of you adjust and screws that you should not be adjusting these days!

My Breva 1100 came with a fiddled with sacred screw before I knew it was a problem, and while I improved things, I never got it back to where it should have been

I assume the V85 is a single TB?
If so I suggest that you read this https://manuals.wotmeworry.org.uk/useful%20info/magneti_marelli_miu_g3_information_14854.pdf

Apparently gibberish - please ignore :embarrassed:

GuzziOrDeath:

The V85 has the 52SMGP1 electronic throttle body, NOT the MIUG3. THERE IS NO THROTTLE STOP. The ECU uses PWM to control the throttle plate/butterfly.

It's the same as the California 1400 and a whole bunch of Aprilia's.

Cam3512:
Normal. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version