General Category > General Discussion

Most Memorable Motorcycle Experience.

(1/15) > >>

SmithSwede:
We are all hopeless addicts addicted to this motorcycle thing.   So tell me, what is your *single* most memorable motorcycle related experience? 

First ride? First crash?  Buying your dream bike?  Seeing the sun rise while riding some scenic area?  Achieving some riding goal?  First wheelie?  What is it?

Personally, I think I got “hooked” on this motorcycle thing while riding passenger with my cousin on a late 1970s Kawasaki Z1 900cc bike.  The King of its day. 

But my single most memorable experience was my first attempt to ride a bike myself.  Yamaha RD400 in a nearly vacant parking lot in the early evening.   Put it in first gear, gave it too much throttle, accelerated more than I had ever experienced before.  But did not crash.  Regained control.   

And felt like “yeah, this is it.”

Guzzistajohn:
Riding up Dairy Queen hill @ Chadwick on my FANTIC 300 for the 1st time with my feet on the pegs!
https://www.google.com/search?q=chadwick+motorcycle+and+atv+use+area+dairy+queen&oq=chadwick+motorcycle+and+atv+use+area+dairy+queen&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l2j33i299.1850

Gliderjohn:
At 10 years old my several years older cousin who owned a Honda 90 trail bile suggested we time race around our farm yard. I learned not to apply front brake during a turn in a dirt/sand mix. Remember it like yesterday.
GliderJohn

80CX100:
I've had some epic motorcycle moments,more often than I'd like to admit,usually involving an extreme lack of judgement.

Without a doubt,way back in the day,rode 300 miles on my XS1100 to Toronto for a family Thanksgiving dinner/weekend,the ride down was a warm sunny fall ride,very enjoyable.

We had a freak snowstorm for the ride home,it was a white knuckle ride the whole way. I've never been so cold in my life. Stopped every 30-45 minutes for coffee and to thaw out. The last gas stop was in Perth,by then the snow had changed to sleet/rain/ice pellets,I was drenched and so frozen, I knew if I got off the bike for a coffee and to warm up I wouldn't be able to get back on the bike. So I sat there in the freezing rain while the attendant filled the tank.

By then hypothermia brain fog & stupor had set in so bad, I could barely control the bike and process traffic and vehicles around me. It was a miracle I didn't crash for the last 11/2 hr ride home.

I remember sitting in a hot bath tub for hours before I felt warm again.

Bought my 1st car the next week,lol  :evil: :laugh:

kballowe:
There are so many memories.  It's hard to pick just one.

How about my top ten?  Twelve?  Fifteen ?

:boozing:

:bike-037: :bike-037: :bike-037:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version