General Category > General Discussion

Keyword Spamming

(1/7) > >>

Lannis:
Anybody besides me have a problem with this in eBay or Craigslist ads, or any other environment where people are driven to the address with a search?

I very often see ads (take bikes as an example) where this is used.    For example, for a Norton bike, the description will say "Norton BSA Triumph Ariel Matchless" and "Street Scrambler Racer Bobber Chopper"  even if nothing but "Norton" and "Street" apply to this bike.

I know that what they are trying to do is to get maximum traffic to their ad, just like Spam Emails hope that 1 person out of 10,000 will answer, and the other 9,999 are just inconvenienced.

I see it as a dishonest attempt to manipulate the buyers, and as a waste of my time, and as a result I wouldn't consider buying a bike or anything else from a "keyword spam" ad, because I wouldn't consider the seller as honest; what ELSE might he be doing to manipulate or "spin" or "shade" the truth to distract me?

But maybe others don't care?   There sure seems to be a lot of it going on .....

Lannis

mgfan:
Never done it, but it sure widens your audience when people use a search engine.   :BEER:

nc43bsa:
In my ebay search for "Guzzi Tonti" I keep getting results for chain cleaning kits.

Shorty:
I don't mind key words if they are related somehow. To put "Ariel, Triumph, BSA, Matchless, Norton" on a Britbike for sale does not bug me. I would be interested in looking at any of those.  To put "old skool, badazz, cafe, chopper"?  That is simply chumming for retards.  :D

normzone:
[Chumming for Retards]

Wasn't that the second album by the band Losing Lottery? It had the hit single " Party Politics ".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version