General Category > General Discussion

What a night tonight deep in the woods.

(1/10) > >>

redrider90:
I know you all in the northeast are getting hammered. I live deep in the woods in NC. We are surrounded by big time trees and getting hammered with 45 MPH wind gusts. Stuff is coming down all over the place. On top of that I have a new small generator that is not ready for prime time. And not to mention I took some very strong new meds today that have knocked me down for the count. We got the stove stuffed and enough in the house to keep it going all night if we loose power. Right now it is 51 degrees with 16F in the morning. Lights are flickering.
BTW Grandfather mountain in NC is gusting at 90 MPH.   

rodekyll:
If you get this before the power goes down -- hunker down, and good luck!

Lannis:

--- Quote from: redrider90 on February 14, 2015, 07:43:15 PM ---I know you all in the northeast are getting hammered. I live deep in the woods in NC. We are surrounded by big time trees and getting hammered with 45 MPH wind gusts. Stuff is coming down all over the place. On top of that I have a new small generator that is not ready for prime time. And not to mention I took some very strong new meds today that have knocked me down for the count. We got the stove stuffed and enough in the house to keep it going all night if we loose power. Right now it is 51 degrees with 16F in the morning. Lights are flickering.
BTW Grandfather mountain in NC is gusting at 90 MPH.   

--- End quote ---

It's gusting 60 MPH here in Central Virginia, and I live in the noisiest house ever when the wind blows.   Current has been on and off, no way it's staying on all night so I'm off to bank the fire and go to bed while I have light and hot running water.   Branches coming down, trees bending way over, outdoor furniture etc tumbling everywhere.

Miserable night.   I'll put the chainsaw in the truck when I head out in the morning, I'll need it to get anywhere away from here ....

Lannis

Bob Wegman:
Lannis, Keep warm and pretend it is the VA rally from a couple of years ago.  Will look forward to your future posts. 

Triple Jim:
Hang in there, Harvey.  There are a couple thousand houses without power all around my immediate area, but for some reason it hasn't quit here.  You know I'll be OK if it does go out though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version