Author Topic: V85 TT Travel impressions  (Read 954 times)

Offline dave1068

• Gaggle Mentor
V85 TT Travel impressions
« on: April 10, 2021, 04:50:35 PM »
Hey gang,

Took out a V85 TT Travel model out today and liked the ride. Very well made and good componentry. I had a Stelvio in the past and recently sold my BMW GS as I have lower back issues with my SI joint locking up. I also took a Triumph T120 which felt great s the seat is long enough to slide back and the footpegs seem a bit forward so almost perfect set up. The MG comes in a close 2nd as the seat is better than my former modified GS seat.

For those that have the Travel model, feel free to let me know your good, bad and and other thoughts. I will say for 13500 it has a lot of options.

Thanks,
D
Dave
-2020 Moto Guzzi V85tt travel

elvisboy77

Re: V85 TT Travel impressions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 06:08:44 PM »
Hey gang,

Took out a V85 TT Travel model out today and liked the ride. Very well made and good componentry. I had a Stelvio in the past and recently sold my BMW GS as I have lower back issues with my SI joint locking up. I also took a Triumph T120 which felt great s the seat is long enough to slide back and the footpegs seem a bit forward so almost perfect set up. The MG comes in a close 2nd as the seat is better than my former modified GS seat.

For those that have the Travel model, feel free to let me know your good, bad and and other thoughts. I will say for 13500 it has a lot of options.

Thanks,
D

I really have not found anything bad about mine.  I am 6'0 and got the 1" higher  "comfort gel" seat from Guzzi.  They also have a standard height and a 1" lower one.  It was sub $300 from Cadre Cycle.

The original seat was not that bad but for the $ I gave the other a try.

The bags are really roomy, and the windshield is very effective.

The heated grips work great

The MIA interface to phone and headset works well, too.

All great options.  I got a center stand and crash bars, too when I got the bike.

I agree, $13,500 is a good price.

You should get one!

Offline dave1068

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 07:04:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply, encouraging to know, Like I mentioned, I took on about a 20-30 min test ride and felt good. My only concern with 34" legs and a seat that i cant slide back much on even with the seat notch, not sure if after 1hr my lower back will be in pain...I did try to lean forward a bit to lift my lower back off the seat entirely
Dave

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 07:24:09 PM »
I removed the rubber caps from my V85TT footpegs and the extra leg room is noticeable. There may be a little more vibration w/o the rubber but I didn't find it bothersome on a 2hr ride plus, the metal serrations offer better grip if things get wet or dirty.

I'm installing a low saddle as I'm inseam challenged (30"). As noted adding the tall saddle would give you even more legroom.

Totally delighted with the bike - it's easily the most refined Guzzi I've ever owned/ridden.
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 07:24:09 PM »

elvisboy77

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 07:25:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply, encouraging to know, Like I mentioned, I took on about a 20-30 min test ride and felt good. My only concern with 34" legs and a seat that i cant slide back much on even with the seat notch, not sure if after 1hr my lower back will be in pain...I did try to lean forward a bit to lift my lower back off the seat entirely

If they have one at the dealer, try swapping for the 1" taller one.  I have a 34" inseam as well.  And back issues.  Of course everyone is different in that regard.

Offline dave1068

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 07:36:03 PM »
Good ideas, I know he has the gray base model with no bags, etc. I do like that the Travel has the added heated grips, higher fairing and saddlebags but not a topcase.

BTW, i forgot to ask, have you taken any passengers on it and if so, was there enough room and any comfort concerns?
Dave

elvisboy77

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 07:53:28 PM »
Good ideas, I know he has the gray base model with no bags, etc. I do like that the Travel has the added heated grips, higher fairing and saddlebags but not a topcase.

BTW, i forgot to ask, have you taken any passengers on it and if so, was there enough room and any comfort concerns?

I think if you want the bags, shield, grips and MIA then the Travel is the way to go, it is all there from the factory.  The color is really interesting, too as it changes in different light.  I do not think the photos do it justice.

I have not yet taken a passenger but hopefully someone will chime in, I am interested to know.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 08:57:25 PM »
I felt the 85 sorta sagged when I was turning.  Probably OK once used to it.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline dave1068

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 05:32:14 AM »
I see the 2021 Centanario model is green and a 100th anniversary model-great looking color scheme
Dave

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 06:49:08 AM »
I see the 2021 Centanario model is green and a 100th anniversary model-great looking color scheme

I have a thing for Guzzi's Tenni Green - had a 1200 Griso SE I should have kept. The 2021 models have a BIG upgrade to tubeless wheels on top of some engine modifications that allegedly improve performance.

RE tires - my Adventure has the Michelin Anakee tires which have a slightly odd feel to me on the street where they really bite into the asphalt and make slow turning under braking feel stiff. Some have switched to more road oriented tires and like it. Personally I like the Anakee off-pavement performance and don't intend to switch until they wear out.
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline dave1068

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 09:41:47 AM »
Some sunday am eye candy

Dave

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here