Author Topic: Ikon Rear Shock Bushes. Have you changed them?  (Read 8219 times)

Offline welshrob

• New Egg
Re: Ikon Rear Shock Bushes. Have you changed them?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 05:24:42 AM »
Is it possible you have been supplied with the wrong bushes?

No. Not according to Ikon. They are the same ones that the shocks were supplied new with, that fell apart

The issue I described in that quote is that the eye (or hole if you want a better word) in either end of the shock that holds the bushes is 26mm on the Ikon and 24mm on the oem Sachs. Ikon`s instructions were we do recommend the reuse of the original parts that come with the original suspension  but the Sachs original bushes will be rattling around in the hole because of the 2mm difference.

I`ve thought about this a lot and I believe that the people at Ikon have probably never even clapped eyes on a V7 in the flesh. The shock that they make is sold for a number of bikes and they just supply the appropriate length spring and mounting bushes to fit that bike, based on the dimensions of the OEM, info which is info easily obtained online. When I tried patiently tried to explain this issue to them, they didn`t understand at all, how the shock actually attached to the bike and had no idea that the left hand lower mount was different to the other 3.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:25:37 AM by welshrob »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here