Author Topic: V7 ergos for someone 6 foot 3  (Read 8360 times)

Online Howard R

• Gaggle Hero
Re: V7 ergos for someone 6 foot 3
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 05:29:37 PM »
Sorry, Kev, the only Guzzis I have owned (or have much saddle time with) are the spineys listed in my sig.
Littlestown, PA  USA

1996 Sport 1100
1998 Centauro

MGNOC # L-707

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 07:19:26 PM »
Kev.. to me it seemed a little more forward than the Jackal.. which I didn't much like either.. but put er.. about 40000 on. Once I put the hack on it, I didn't mind the feet forward thing.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

pete roper

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »
I was going to bring this up, but you beat me to it, Kev. I sit farther back on a V9. *I* didn't like it, but you might, Wayne. Of course, I'm "Italian sized.. " 5'8".

Which roughly translated means he's a filthy little midget! :evil:

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 06:24:39 AM »
Kev.. to me it seemed a little more forward than the Jackal.. which I didn't much like either.. but put er.. about 40000 on. Once I put the hack on it, I didn't mind the feet forward thing.

I really got to take one for a ride. Thought I don't like true forward controls I always thought the position of the controls on the Jackal and my Sportys (that all had/have mid-mounts) was "about" the same (give or take an RCH). Between that and the comparisons made with the Sporty (and looking at the photos) I kinda expected the V9 to be about the same.

Of course if your perception is more precise than mine (might be my RCHs are too big  :shocked:  :boozing:), then I would expect the second year V9 models (with the controls moved back) would be precisely in the same spot.

Which brings me back to Wayne, if he liked the Calis, but wanted something a little smaller/lighter for backroad usage/commuting as he's talking about, then maybe, just maybe the V9 would fit even better than a V7.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 06:24:39 AM »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 08:10:50 AM »
Which roughly translated means he's a filthy little midget! :evil:

Note to self.. stay away from Austrian bowling alleys.. :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 09:31:49 AM »
Seems to me your inseam is the most important part as far as ergos. A long inseam 36" will make you a praying mantis but if your length is in your trunk then maybe all you are looking at is bars. I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam and arms and trunk to go with it. I have a standing 8' 3" reach with a 78" wingspan but only weight #190  and there are a lot of bikes I do not fit on. I am very popular when it comes to friends who want their ceilings painted. No ladder needed for me.  Except for my custom extended seat on my Mille I have uncomfortably ridden a 1000S, 96 sport,  a Daytona all of which rendered me a twisted  mess after an hour. I do believe the LMV was doable. I cannot imagine a V7 lasting 30 minutes.
I tried once to get on a friend's MV Agusta (the model escapes me) and I couldn't even get on it.  If I ride my Mille all day I need compression hose because my knees are so flexed it prevents my lymph system from returning fluid back up stream. My legs look like balloons without compression hose.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:47:10 AM by redrider90 »
Red 90 Mille GT

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here