Author Topic: remember MPH cycles?  (Read 7451 times)

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: remember MPH cycles?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2017, 09:55:10 AM »
Seeing how you're in TX, I thought it'd be legal to settle this with Colt 45 single actions?   :boozing: Just gather up a posse!
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline mphcycles

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2017, 11:43:09 AM »
Thanks to all for your support. I cant say much more here, i have some parts in my posession , others are still there, so I am not in any way the new mail order parts store. i just have all this stuff that has accumulated, now is as good a time as any to find it a better home.
Big penslingers have been retained, dont you JD guys waste any time.
Mike Haven
MPH Cycles
16510 Park Row
Houston, Texas 77084
832 557 7214
www.mphcycles.com
 (Please just email me ,  I dont PM)

Bill Hagan

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 01:26:59 PM »
Thanks to all for your support. I cant say much more here, i have some parts in my posession , others are still there, so I am not in any way the new mail order parts store. i just have all this stuff that has accumulated, now is as good a time as any to find it a better home.
Big penslingers have been retained, dont you JD guys waste any time.

Good to read that last.

If you knew how much money I have spent on lawyers in the last three or so years, you'd understand how sympathetic I am to your plight in having to hire one.  I cringe when I see a new (usually four digits before the decimal!  :shocked:) invoice in the mailbox.   :cry::violent1:

That said, they can be essential, and I think that was a very good move on your part.  That would also have been a preliminary question in any discussions with you.

Keep us posted to the extent your counsel thinks that not an issue in your case ... and it very well might be.

No lawyer I've ever met (including yours truly) particularly wants any out-of-firm "hep" other than "stay out of the way." If, however, something arises in which others can be of use, let me/us know by PM, email at wrhaganATearthlinkD otnet, or call me at 404.eightzeroeight8 486.

Best wishes,

Bill

Online sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »
Sorry to hear this.  I wish you better luck. 

I am an attorney up in Mass.  Sounds like you don't need one up here, but if you do, send me a message and I'll find you counsel here. 
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2017, 09:27:42 PM »
Mike...this is not the news I was hoping to see today.  I'm happy to help where appropriate.  Let me know if you want to get together with the local Guzzi guys if we can as a group help out in pooling resources, or any other work on inventory/shipping or other related items.

Cheers,
Paul

Second, I join Paul in his offer.  If you want to get together with some honest, decent folks, well, I'm buying the beer.
SmithSwede

Hate to hear this, Mike.  Hope things work out like they should.  I don't need any parts at the moment, but, like the others, if I can help in any way, I'd be willin'.

Georganne
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2017, 08:44:15 AM »
I'm impressed by:
1.  How many folks on this forum are lawyers.
2.  How generous these lawyers are with offers of time or referrals.
Kudos.
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline MotoMo

• New Egg
  • Location: Was in Maryland; Was in Georgia; back home in Texas
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2017, 09:12:11 PM »
So sorry to hear this Mike. Of course we remember MPH because of the people, not the place. Good luck getting it all sorted out.

Mike O.
Southern Maryland
2003 California Titanium
2006 Breva V 1100

Offline Jim Rich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2017, 09:35:19 PM »
Moved Mike out of his old shop today.  A bunch of volunteers, trucks and trailers came together and moved a ton of equipment, parts and motorcycles that he had accumulated in the last 34 years.  We delivered everything to his place outside of Hempstead TX. except for some machine tools that his neighbor is storing for him a few businesses down the street.  Pretty sad affair, but we had a good day of working and were pretty successful getting things out of there for him. 

oldbike54

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2017, 09:40:13 PM »
 Thanks Jim  :bow: :bow:

Dusty

twowings

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2017, 09:42:24 PM »
Way to star, guys! Wish I could have helped.... :thumb:

Offline Jim Rich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2017, 09:50:48 PM »
There were a lot of gray beards in the crew, kind of like he called the AARP Moving Co.  But hey old dudes can hump it when they need to. 

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2017, 10:59:50 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Well done guys, and all the very best Mike with whatever happens next.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2017, 06:49:15 AM »
Moved Mike out of his old shop today.  A bunch of volunteers, trucks and trailers came together and moved a ton of equipment, parts and motorcycles that he had accumulated in the last 34 years.  We delivered euverything to his place outside of Hempstead TX. except for some machine tools that his neighbor is storing for him a few businesses down the street.  Pretty sad affair, but we had a good day of working and were pretty successful getting things out of there for him.

Great to hear.  Good job Jim!

Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Bill Hagan

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2017, 07:17:24 AM »
So sorry to hear this Mike. Of course we remember MPH because of the people, not the place. Good luck getting it all sorted out.

Mike O.
Southern Maryland

Exactly.

And, thanks to Jim and all the management and staff at Senior Citizen Van Lines.    :grin:

Bill

Offline Bill Owens

• Gosling
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2017, 07:58:15 PM »
Wish I could have been there to help!

Offline Rusty goose

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2017, 11:32:25 PM »
Another example of why Moto Guzzi's are the best.  The bikes are good, the people are great!
Rusty
" A situation is never so bad that it can't get just a little bit worse."

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2017, 11:56:50 PM »
There were a lot of gray beards in the crew, kind of like he called the AARP Moving Co.  But hey old dudes can hump it when they need to.
Thanks Jim...a pity this move was not widely broadcast to the Houston Guzzi riders, several of us were on standby waiting to hear where we could lend a hand, including some folks right around the corner from MPH almost literally.

Very glad it worked out...what's the news if any about Larry and Mike setting up a private shop up in Hempstead at this point to keep service alive...if at all?

Thanks!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here