Author Topic: Front End work  (Read 1496 times)

Offline vf84pc

• Hatchling
Front End work
« on: March 21, 2015, 04:33:16 PM »
My 2004 EVT for seal is leaking what should I use for the replacement Genuine Guzzi or aftermarket?
I have heard talk of replacing the steering head bearings with higher quality units. Is that something that should be done? The bike only has about 12K miles no steering problems replace or Grease the originals?

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Front End work
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 05:38:10 PM »
             We seem to have the same bike FWIW ;D

It was discovered that my fork tubes needed to have the pits polished out. New seals alone just did not work. I had done a lot of dirt roads, which might have contributed to the pitting. You need a magnifying glass to examine them. Sorry but I forget what brand seals were used. IMO, it is more important to check the tubes and get them right.
              As for the bearings, Luigi is notorious for installing them unlubed but removing the bottom item on my bike was so difficult, that I think I would wait until the steering deteriorated before replacing them with new. It really is a job for a shop.
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here