Author Topic: brain errata while listening to Brahm's Requiem concert  (Read 1732 times)

lucydad

brain errata while listening to Brahm's Requiem concert
« on: March 22, 2015, 09:14:15 PM »
All,

Ms. LD sang in a church concert:  Brahm's Requiem...a favorite choral piece, and astonishingly beautiful in certain passages. Other movements, pretty boring.
Finished up just before a STRX 100 miler:  sun out and went NW.  

And so to the brain errata:

--STRX has much more upright riding position, and leg room than V7R--no back ache or need to stretch
--V7R gets much, much higher miles/gallon:  around 50 where as best I tell the Triple is maybe getting 30-35?  And I am keeping RPM <6000
--V7R tracks in wind better, not as nervous a feel, but throwing it around fast corners takes more effort (longer wheelbase?  heavier wheels?)
--Strumpet is wonderfully controllable in fast curves:  found out by bumping a countersteer to avoid a box turtle making his way across a 4 lane, hope the little guy made it...
--V7R gauges are simple,  STRX:  read the manual, and will have to experiment with the two buttons and scrolling menus to figure out how to set trip odo, but the trip is pretty much replaced by the fuel gauge...nice touch
--longer days and daylight savings mean I could take the V7R out for a ride tomorrow between 6 and 7:30 PM--rush hour over, and not too dark, I dislike riding here in full darkness...streets too crappy
--V7R engine and pipes sure are pretty sitting next to the Triumph....incredib ly different designs
--I am going to find out, personally if it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast (Guzzi), or fast bike slow (STR)
--What say you Griso and big block owners on adapting to a much higher power bike with also sharper handling and powerful brakes (any advice?),  I am definitely broadening my motorcycle riding skills by adding a second bike, and that is a good thing...and riding suddenly became more interesting with two bikes for contrast
--beautiful clear, warm, dry evening with conjunction of Venus and Moon, and it is Spring
--saw a mass of bluebonnets...gorge ous flowers
--life is very, very good and I am very very thankful

Edit, need to add:  at burger joint with Ms LD after choir concert we saw a HD 3 wheeler, very pretty.  Going inside rider was there with friends.  He was wearing a "cut"--  "Thin Blue Line MC Club,  Sgt of Arms".  As he was walking out I noticed he only had his right arm, left one amputated, or never grew in.  Gave him a big thumbs up as we left.  Saw him roar off.  Wonder how clutch works?  I admire the man, that's a new one for me to see.

My hands smell like leather pretty much a lot of the time.  Poodles like that.

Short two day work week then off to NYC...can't wait, following week also only 3 days.  Yep, V7R will get some love tomorrow evening.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:27:37 PM by lucydad »

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: brain errata while listening to Brahm's Requiem concert
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 09:56:53 PM »
LD, since your horizon is expanding beyond the Guzzi fold may I suggest you get on this

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/4937606424.html

it will be like going from Brahm's to Beethoven (the way he noted it after the metronome was invented) that is,  faster than you've heard his stuff performed..

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:59:01 PM by fotoguzzi »
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

lucydad

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 05:53:58 AM »
Foto,

Nice Buell...but no longer much supported by HD, etc and way too much bike for me.

One more errata:  Ms. LD brought home some Flonase nasal spray for allergies.  Been using it including extra dose after yesterday's ride.

Wow--my head is clear this morning:  ears, and sinuses all feel great!  Could be major breakthru.  Last spring my hearing got stopped up so bad I could hardly function. 

190 Octane

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 10:18:53 AM »
LD great to hear the two stable mates are getting along.

Sunday ended up being a great day to ride, especially after all the rain on Saturday.  Made a last minute decision to ride down to Matagorda for lunch with some friends.  I guess all the rain had the turtles on the move, I weaved around one big on and spotted a couple of smaller ones.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 10:18:53 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here