New 20 ounce tumblers available now! Forum donation credit with purchase. https://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm#Tumbler
Looks great,Pete, magnificent job. Hope to see it in the flesh when the plague ends.
Iíve always been attention shy...
You wanted to see my a$$.RA
Sorry ,but I like the black.I have to admit you are one driven Mo Fo,great work!
Mo is short for mother and I suspect you understand the rest now.
Makes the front of the motor terribly messy from mud, pebbles & road debris, but. Fresh wet tar would be.... just awful.I'd imagine quite a bit of detritus will collect on top of the bash plate (if you're keeping it) on wet gravel days.I could see a foreshortened upper mudguard - sort of a quasi duckbill - complemented with a Caponord lower acting as a '"proper" mudguard to protect the motor from gunk flung up from the tyre.Otherwise, I agree. Having 2 full front 'guards would just look plain weird, although having a lower mudguard will necessarily detract from the "offroad" aesthetic. Nevertheless, in black it would be more discrete than in bright red, & operationally more effective.
D'you think it's feasible to shorten the OEM 'guard to make it into a type of de facto duckbill? Bit of a risk, I suppose... it will either look really good (after surgery with a Dremel & sander & subsequent touchup with a nail polish bottle) or really shitty!Somewhere on the other V85 thread there's a profile photograph of an example completely missing it's upper mudguard but with a dark Aprilia lower installed.. It just doesn't look "right". As if something's missing, which of course it is...The upper 'guard - as well as looking aggressively "offroad" - also serves the very real functional purpose (even in a vestigial form) of keeping the headlamps, air intake & rider protected from debris & mud flung up from the front tyre.
So am I mate..I had high hopes to have the wheels back into the Ď85 this weekend but have not managed to. The wheels are trued and tyres fitted, but my compressor did not have the pressure/flow to inflate the tyres. There is a gap between the tyre and inside of the rim that usually flexes out enough for initial inflation but my setup was found wanting.Tomorrow Iíll get them inflated, then balance and re fit. The Sikaflex 291 did a great job sealing the spokes so cautious optimism there.Here they are anyway.
Looks great Huzo!
Yes. It hasnít changed anything meaningful, but a nice exercise in aesthetics..
Regarding the caponord fender- in stock form it is still just a bit too short to prevent road debris from hitting the alternator cover. I fitted a fender extender on mine...but dang it was ugly, so I took it off and replaced it with a semi-triangular piece of neoprene. Like a mud-flap on a truck. Used rivets to affix it to the fender- now it is unobtrusive and, so far, seems to work though I haven't (and won't) take it off-road.I can take a picture if you would like.
Let's see if this works: wide shot-Closer view of fender and fender-flap:And I also replaced the awful windscreen with this small abomination- it is simply cut and bent aluminum with a small Einstein sticker on it. For when I approach relativistic speeds. Oh, and I made new bar-ends out of stainless- sorry, they are a bit cut off:
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.