General Category > General Discussion

V7 Buzzing sound?

(1/4) > >>

mr_pacman:
I've noticed my 2014 V7 makes a buzzing sound for a few seconds, and then 5 mins or so later, it buzzes again. The buzzing lasts for 2 seconds or so.  I had a very good look all over and can't find any rodents or a wasp nest in there :)

Does anyone else's bike do this?

This is happening with no keys in the ignition, sitting stationary while parked. The sound appears to be coming from or under the fuel tank or in that vicinity.

Thanks
James

guzzisteve:
Fumes from fuel tank, often called a moaning cow, all could have a different tune.

Kiwi_Roy:
+1, mine does that mostly when I bring it inside out of the hot sun, can moan away for an hour sometimes in bursts of a few seconds.

Bulldog9:
As others have said it's completely normal. It's fuel vapor pressure in the tank. The MGX 21 used to put out what my grandson said sounded like whale song for a couple hours.

Moparnut72:
When the engine in my Audace was replaced the shop vented the tank directly to the atmosphere. My V7 is stock  and moans after coming out of the garage. My first stop is usually at the post office a couple of miles away. It waits until I come back out and stand the bike up and then let's out a nice long moan. People give me a strange look. I think it is funny.
kk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version