Author Topic: WildGuzzi Tag-O-Rama  (Read 42059 times)

Offline john fish

• Guzzi Hero
Re: WildGuzzi Tag-O-Rama
« Reply #780 on: July 21, 2021, 05:18:52 AM »
Lets hope no one sees the inside of one.  :) 
The mighty KLR thumper with it's 35 real world hp is a ticket trap.  Too easy and comfortable to do 62 mph in a 45 zone.  The officer gave me a warning, not a ticket, probably because when I took off my helmet I was laughing and because I'm a non-threatening fat old man.  I'm glad he didn't get me a mile earlier when I was doing 70 in that zone.

We had a nice talk about the diner down the road, too.  If anyone is in Hundred, West by god Virginia, make sure you stop at the Rt 250 diner.  Good stuff.
He lost the run of himself.

Offline cookiemech

• Weekend Warrior
« Reply #781 on: July 21, 2021, 05:58:05 AM »
Thought I was selling you some low-performance fun . . . but once a scofflaw . . .  :wink:

Offline drbone641

• Weekend Warrior
« Reply #782 on: July 21, 2021, 10:15:28 AM »
The Police car one, reminded me of my first ticket on a bike. In 1978, my 2 buddies and I left out from Bessemer Al and rode up to Harpers Ferry, camped once on the way in Chattanooga, then Highway 81 the majority of the way. The next morning, after repairing a flat tire, we went the entire Skyline/BRP to Pigeon Forge for the night. A dramatic example of Youth's endurance, a lack of understanding of death due to fast riding on curvy roads and God's protection of fools AND children. The last day on homeward leg, just before leaving NC, we were having a spirited triple digit blast, when we passed an NC trooper headed the other way. If we had ran, he would have never caught us as it was a 4 lane and he had to go a bit to turn around. We stopped and waited for him lol, and when he asked us why we stopped as we were crossing into Tennessee, we explained that our Dads were police and we understood the program. We took pics as he was writing our grossly reduced speeding tix, and it was a funny thing. Except for the $105 fine that was hard money to find back then..
Great Grab!
73 TR6
09 Multistrada
16 Eldorado

Harper's Moto Guzzi
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here